1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
That's true. Just some of the stories about things you've bought and the way they've been packaged. Boggles the mind as to way they'd send them that way in the first place. :crazy:
One that arrived with just bubblewrap was a classic. It had like two damaged TLVs in it? :lol: I can't believe someone at the post office actually accepted it in the first place!

I've been told that Kinokuniya book store chain carry TLVs in Asia. There is one in Japan Town(S.F.), but I don't know if there's one in Little Tokyo. One in my town doesn't carry one, but it's a small store.

There is one in Little Tokyo! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to follow up there.

Also bought these two Minichamps64 Porsche 934s. And I'm in the process of sorting and selling some AWs, Greenlights, TLVs, and HWs. If anyone has any interest, let me know and I can give you a link to my eBay store.

Attachments

• P934 - 03.jpg
    P934 - 03.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 18
There is one in Little Tokyo! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to follow up there.
If I were you, I'd call them first, it may save you a trip. Me, I love Kinokuniya, so I'd go anyway. :P
Also bought these two Minichamps64 Porsche 934s. And I'm in the process of sorting and selling some AWs, Greenlights, TLVs, and HWs. If anyone has any interest, let me know and I can give you a link to my eBay store.
I'm always looking! 👍

The 356 is near perfection.

I scored the blue Ford GT LM and the white Datsun 620 in Spain last week. Was really hoping to find the Race Day set there, but no bueno.

Been looking for these. Finally.

0.JPG

Are these Mercury?
Here you go: http://www.ebay.com/sch/shellac10/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I'll be adding more listings throughout the upcoming weeks.
Man, too rich for me, or I already have them. I'm sorry to see you selling off some cool Auto World cars. To me, most of those are keepers! :D

VXR
I scored the blue Ford GT LM and the white Datsun 620 in Spain last week.
I could find only one of each, but now I don't feel so bad. I didn't have to look outside the country for them at least. j/k :P

One that arrived with just bubblewrap was a classic. It had like two damaged TLVs in it? :lol: I can't believe someone at the post office actually accepted it in the first place!

It's even more amazing that people think it's okay to package something that way in the first place. :lol: :crazy:

It's even more amazing that people think it's okay to package something that way in the first place. :lol: :crazy:
Amazon seller later told me that he/she didn't actually package it or ship it, so they were checking with the person who did. After discussion on their end, they gave me everything for something crazy low. It was so crazy I told them I'm just looking for few bucks off to make it right, but they insisted. :embarrassed::crazy:

On the Russian bus, he asked me how much the postage to Russia would be? It was anywhere between $20-some dollars to almost $40 or something like that by USPS website. It was expectedly high. I told him I'd keep the bus for $30 partial refund, since I never install the mirrors anyway. He sent me a refund today. Total came to $35 for rare-ish bus, box is bad, mirrors are ruined, but the bus itself is perfect, so I'm happy.

Also Y5 wheels always give off this impression of 20" wheels with low-profile tires.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

I came close to buying another one of them Star Wars things. The Car ships are still sitting in my drawer lol

They most certainly should have let that opportunity slip by. :lol:

Hey, they had the pun in hand, might as well strike while the iron is hot! Besides, as long as it's not a Jar Jar Binks Edition, I'm sold. :lol:

Also, that Advan 240 is a thing of pure beauty. Hot Wheels has been killing it with classic JDM cars as of late. Shame it'll probably never show up in front of me due to either A) lack of stock or B) a ridiculous pricetag...

Back