1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
If Kia was imaginative as I am, they could turn the Soul into a Stormtrooper.
ea21ea5e8e90c138278ad6d6181f1c09.jpg

Hey guys. Haven't posted in a good while. I've been fully entrenched in trading, selling, swaps and raffles.

Apologies now for a bit of a photo dump. Here's merely some of the highlights from the last couple of months, more to come.
Finished HW L case and MB G case finally today. Ready for the M case hype.

Waiting for my Race Day set to arrive STILL.

@R1600Turbo I'm just loving everything T-Hunted and the design team are leaking atm.

Here goes:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Are you serious.

Edit: Forced to swing by Target to look for Yokai Watch medallions. No medallions, but ended up buying clothes for myself & these.

28.JPG

That Shark Bite, my nephews been wanting for weeks now. Recolor, but finally got one. Also recolor of Aisle Driver & Ford GT Race none of us have yet. I might keep them, don't know yet.

Last edited:
Dammit either I missed the Lamborghini series or they haven't came to my stores yet. We still have the stupid guardians of the galaxy dump bins.

Man i have this itch everhytime i see my HW Ford GT. The headlights are all screwed up and can't find them anymore in malls. Really wanted one with a decent headlight.

It appears my local Asda has had a restock of HW whilst I've been away, but it was fairly well depleted.

Fortunately, right at the back was a Renault RS 01 in the Alpine colours. Great little variant.

My AmiAmi package with all the LMP cars says out for delivery. Hoping these cars are as good as they look in the photos. Fingers crossed.
Thoughts: VERY nice. Spark has made a good first impression. Cars aside, the best part is the display cases they come in. They literally just snap on and off the base with a little key you turn on the bottom. No little screws that are more often than not a complete pain in the rear. It's stupidly brilliant.

Pics incoming.

I was hoping to see my cars today, but L.A. Customs & USPS did the usual B.S. & had the package since the 24th, then shipped it to some place called Bell Gardens(also Cali.). That's where the package is today. Instead. God, I hate those people....

Got a trip tomorrow and while looking for cars isn't my top priority, I'll definitely sneak a few stops in and post what I find. I always find something at at least one or two of the stores in the area I'll be in. I'm mainly aiming for NASCAR and any other 1:64s that aren't Hot Wheels or Matchbox.

After seeing a few Hot Wheels restoration videos on YouTube, I've caught the HW bug I haven't had since I was little.

Bunch I bought at a flea market in TN.
1498791149427393849474.jpg

14987912377341554077517.jpg

The Jaguar and Audi were bought namely due to them being older (given away by their Ultra Hot wheels), and the pair of Toyotas were in nice shape and had attractive tampos.

Next, I have a few oldies recently given to me by my grandfather.
20170629_212831.jpg

All but the funny car are redlines from the late 60s. Granted, they're pretty beat up with most having imperfections in the paint and bent axles, but they're still awesome IMO.

20170629_213024.jpg

There was also a few original Lesney Matchboxes too, which are in much better shape than the Hot Wheels. Even the boat (which is easily the most brittle thing there, being all plastic) looked brand new.

14987920604171558113752.jpg

I'll cap this post off with the other cars I forgot to include in the other shots.
The Sierra on top is from 1998, as part of a Kroger exclusive 2-pack that would've also had a Kroger branded semi. The Lexus is a 1995 main-line HW, the NASA van is a Matchbox from the early 80s AFAIK, and the truck is also an old Lesney MB like the ones from the picture before.

In case you're wondering, the weird thing on the Fleetside is a ramp, designed to fit on the back of that particular casting (and possibly the Deora). It came as a small set that included a scale plane that could be launched from it, though Fleetsides from the sets had specific tampos not found on the one shown.

@Aerocoupe Do I see a Rod Millen Tacoma? :embarrassed:
Yep. :D That's actually what drew me to it in the first place; I really like how Mattel chose to make it a replica of the real thing for the original run. Next I want to find the '98 First Edition of the Pikes Peak Celica to complement it, as that also looks like the real thing tampo wise.

the elcamino looking thing with the ramp in the back.... thats worth a few college textbooks ;)
part of the old skyshow set... look it up..

(yes i know I havnt got my collection photographed... had to put a new roof on before I moved...ugh)

Yep. :D That's actually what drew me to it in the first place; I really like how Mattel chose to make it a replica of the real thing for the original run. Next I want to find the '98 First Edition of the Pikes Peak Celica to complement it, as that also looks like the real thing tampo wise.
Same for myself. Plus at least for me, it's the probably only Rod Millen car I'll ever have.

Instead. God, I hate those people....

Who? L.A customs or Californians? :P :lol:
There was also a few original Lesney Matchboxes too, which are in much better shape than the Hot Wheels. Even the boat (which is easily the most brittle thing there, being all plastic) looked brand new.

Wow, how good does that boat look? Awesome scores. 👍

Back