1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Man, some guys have gotten screwed over on their RLC Car Culture box set. They got another Mustang in place of the Datsun BRE. This is not good for my anxiety since mine is coming in April.

Damn Mattel what the hell man.

TLV Honda Civic Type-R post

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.JPG

Epic 👍

I just blogged the second car from the Joe Kanno custom order.

zzzzzzzzzzz.JPG

I'm not that interested in new TLVs anymore, but I'm not gonna lie, I want more customs by Joe. They really hit the spot for me. :embarrassed:
Man, some guys have gotten screwed over on their RLC Car Culture box set. They got another Mustang in place of the Datsun BRE. This is not good for my anxiety since mine is coming in April.

Damn Mattel what the hell man.
My dream is to be the other guy who ended up with two BRE in his set. lol
Epic 👍
Do like the white & red truck though. 👍
Thanks guys, I hope y'all liked it. :)👍
What is it?
It's a TLV transporter trailer with five Civic Type-R's, all in white. Stuff like this just amuses me. :lol:

Been using Brickseek to try and find the latest Car Culture cars. (mainly for the Skyline wagon) Last friday on the way home from work I checked it to see if my store had any - zero. BUT, the store next to my work had 10. Go figure, but I wasn't going to backtrack so I ignored it. Then I had to go past the store near my work last night on my way to Phoenix, they now have zero and my store had 8. :rolleyes: THEN, a store on my way through Phoenix said they had 17, so I stopped and there were zero on the pegs. Nobody around in toys to ask, so asked the lady in cosmetics if they could get someone over there. Waited 15 minutes and nobody came so I left. :grumpy:

One fail after another. Not to mention that last store had 3 of the 5 Auto World cars I bought off eBay the other day... (which arrived yesterday but were in the apartment office so I can't get them until tonight)

$150 Agera listing:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Koenigsegg-agera-r-1-18/123028930604?hash=item1ca518802c:g:bg0AAOSwMXdarp1f

Been using Brickseek to try and find the latest Car Culture cars. (mainly for the Skyline wagon) Last friday on the way home from work I checked it to see if my store had any - zero. BUT, the store next to my work had 10. Go figure, but I wasn't going to backtrack so I ignored it. Then I had to go past the store near my work last night on my way to Phoenix, they now have zero and my store had 8. :rolleyes: THEN, a store on my way through Phoenix said they had 17, so I stopped and there were zero on the pegs. Nobody around in toys to ask, so asked the lady in cosmetics if they could get someone over there. Waited 15 minutes and nobody came so I left. :grumpy:

One fail after another. Not to mention that last store had 3 of the 5 Auto World cars I bought off eBay the other day... (which arrived yesterday but were in the apartment office so I can't get them until tonight)

I was on ToyPeddler last night, found some goodies there. Surprisingly not much, but there's still stuff.

edit: don't go snipin' my schtuff! :lol:

Edit: If you guys remember that 20-car foamboard display shelf I made 5 years ago, I put it up on Facebook Marketplace (for $0) and I currently have over 20 people asking for its availability....
:crazy:

Last edited:
you're just noticing that fact...
i don't have many greenlights but i've noticed none of the trim lines on any of mine are straight at all

you're just noticing that fact...
i don't have many greenlights but i've noticed none of the trim lines on any of mine are straight at all
I've been bashing them on this for probably couple of years, if not several years.
You probably had the Tiffany poster & Top Gun on the bedroom walls too, right Dan? Me neither, I'm just kidding bro.
Eh, depends on the car. Greenlight does have some very nice castings. They are just extremely hit or miss.
I've noticed how detailing can be extremely clean on older, aged castings. Not always the case, but that's the trend I've observed in my GreenLight collection!

I cracked open the R34 Paul Walker and one of the headlight is loose.

That Chevelle and Shelby doesn't look like it came from Greenlight lol

Still got this tho.. can't resist.
IMG_20180320_183727_393.jpg

Don't judge me. I had to have the blue BRE.

gtppp.jpg

gtpp.jpg

gtp.jpg

gt.jpg

Good quality cars. Shame how the sale was handled(I paid $100 for this set on eBay).

I cracked open the R34 Paul Walker and one of the headlight is loose.
Sorry to hear it. Resin/plastic lamps are tricky for some of the brands. They seem to have trouble cutting them properly, and sometimes are crooked on cars I have. :crazy:

Back