1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
These will be popular.

I've quit buying HW but I might buy those just for the artwork. Superb!

Semi-retirement?

Although I can only speak for myself; I've quit but still buy the odd release now and then. That still counts as retired, right? I said I will stop buying HW a while ago, and I have been successful for about 2 months. But then that damn pink Batmobile came along...

I say they are diecast trailers & worth the money. I don't think they've released those silver transport trailers

Yeah it looks cheap plastic in those shots. And TLV going down in quality, I thought they might actually do it too. All metal is reassuring. I don't have any of the transporters and so this is a no-brainer, even though I will have quit when it gets released. Preorders don't count towards retirement right? Thanks @a6m5, I'll be preordering this now.

My reaction to this preorder.

latest

Car looks awesome, but TLV prices continues to reach ridiculous. I'm so glad I'm out of it.
Preorders don't count towards retirement right?
Ask me more questions on the subject. According to Jarrod/Spacedog, mine's going swell. lmao

Impulse buying sucks right? :banghead::banghead: :lol:
I haven't really had any, but when I see something like Culture Series '83 Silverado still on the pegs at Walmart, I had to take one home. :lol:

Hardest one recently was CM's 200SX rally car on eBay. I've wanted that one for long time, but at this point, I'm not at all looking to grow any diecast collection. :crazy:

P.S. You know I'm not a fan of those castings. Better chance of me ordering more Carinas before I get more Corollas. Not a fan!

But you need to recreate those promo shots!
I don't have any of the transporters and so this is a no-brainer,

If you don't have one, definitely. 👍
According to Jarrod/Spacedog, mine's going swell. lmao

Its going perfectly well, amirite. :lol:👍

Didn't even realise that Prince Royal is a 1/64. I thought it was one of their 1/43 models. :crazy:!

I haven't really had any, but when I see something like Culture Series '83 Silverado still on the pegs at Walmart, I had to take one home.

You’re lucky you don’t live here. A ten minute journey is all it takes me to get to the grocery shops. Every item is telling you to take them home. Resistance is futile!

I haven't really had any, but when I see something like Culture Series '83 Silverado still on the pegs at Walmart, I had to take one home. :lol:

Hardest one recently was CM's 200SX rally car on eBay. I've wanted that one for long time, but at this point, I'm not at all looking to grow any diecast collection. :crazy:

I know it doesn't help, but the CM's 200SX models are really good. I have three of them. You should have three of them too! :mischievous:

A ten minute journey is all it takes me to get to the grocery shops.

Sounds like the perfect place to retire for real, @a6m5. You should look into it.
I know it doesn't help, but the CM's 200SX models are really good. I have three of them. You should have three of them too! :mischievous:

I have exactly zero of those but I whole wholeheartedly concur that a6 needs (at least) three.

Last edited:
But you need to recreate those promo shots!
Listen carefully......
Didn't even realise that Prince Royal is a 1/64. I thought it was one of their 1/43 models. :crazy:!
Same. Their site does say it's big & heavy. It's priced like it. :crazy:
You’re lucky you don’t live here. A ten minute journey is all it takes me to get to the grocery shops. Every item is telling you to take them home. Resistance is futile!
Curse them grocery stores! :nervous::lol:
Send me one. For free.[/drnessy]
Is the blue R34 a new one?
I was under the impression it came out months ago, but I haven't been paying close attention or anything.
Sounds like the perfect place to reitre for real, @a6m5. You should look into it.
Are you talking about Idaho?
I have exactly zero of those but I whole wholeheartedly concur that a6 needs (at least) three.
I don't feel like selling CM's, but it might come to that. My collection shrinks couple times a week!

With regards to AmiAmi preorders, do they notify you by email when you have to pay for your preorder? I have the black FD RX7 on order for December release.

Each of those Ignitions must cost a hundo and above I'm assuming :drool:

Megabucks.

Oh hai I think you forgot to get this one

Finger exercises begin Monday.

Insane. Why can't there be grocery stores like that here? :drool:

Me: Do you need any tomatoes?
Wife: A couple will do.
Me: I’ll be right back!

Edit:
Red is nice.

Last edited:
Glued on??? Jeez....
I wouldn't have a problem if it's like Vision GT side mirrors but gluing them would ruin the body if we're not careful.

Such is the way of TLV now, if you buy something with any details, expect to have to use some sort of glue.

Back