1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Another sprint car and a Steve Francis dirt late model. No surprise right? :D

20190105_162916.jpg 20190105_162846.jpg

I'm totally grabbing 7+ of these guys...

BOtiLeIl.jpg

Really too bad they didn't scale the car to fit Size 1 and 2 wheels. Size 3 is such a hard size to accommodate. The options are very limited unless I go into custom fabrication.

Last edited:
Decided to swing by Supercheap Auto after visiting the dentist (:ouch:) yesterday to pick up some car polish. This was sitting on a peg near the checkout. Not the biggest fan of this particular livery but I figured why not.

Biante 1/64: Ford Falcon FGX Tickford Racing #55 Chaz Mostert by Jarrod, on Flickr

Biante 1/64: Ford Falcon FGX Tickford Racing #55 Chaz Mostert by Jarrod, on Flickr

It's annoying that you can only buy this car at Supercheap Auto...

It's annoying that you can only buy this car at Supercheap Auto...

Really? Was not aware of that. :crazy:

Was hoping they might have had the Pye/Luf retro Walkinshaw car too but that was the only one there. Oh well, one day.

I am kinda skeptical about the proportions since i saw Lamley covering it. Does it actually look good though?
It was OK. I debated long and hard about whether or not I wanted to actually buy it. In the end I hung it back on the peg and walked out empty handed.

Edit: They are $5.

Will go looking for those tomorrow, haven’t seen new car culture since the Street Fighter set.
Target stores for the F&F cars. Of course I didn't find any R32's. Always one car out of these sets I have trouble finding. Still haven't found the Green Bel Air in the Gasser set. I would have hit more stores but I had to work today so ran out of time.

Target stores for the F&F cars. Of course I didn't find any R32's. Always one car out of these sets I have trouble finding. Still haven't found the Green Bel Air in the Gasser set. I would have hit more stores but I had to work today so ran out of time.
Found every Gasser and street fighter car. Will probably hit up targets first since they close early on Sunday’s.

Am I the only one waiting for a future Team Transport wave to include a Gulf GT40?

The haulers and the Gulf livery are two of the most popular things right now so it only makes sense to release a Gulf GT40 set.

Am I the only one waiting for a future Team Transport wave to include a Gulf GT40?

The haulers and the Gulf livery are two of the most popular things right now so it only makes sense to release a Gulf GT40 set.
I love a GT40 but Gulf Porsche 917K is a priority.

I wasn’t going to buy this but when I went to buy the black RWB it was an instabuy. The livery is pure pad printing. Not a single sticker to be found. I was expecting something like this to be using water slide decals, so I was just gobsmacked when it turned out to be pad printed.

Brilliant. The best livery from Tarmac yet. Well done!

Who owns one of these kinds of Matchbox trucks? It seems to be based on the latest generation of the Toyota Hilux while the other one seems to be based on a truck made by Mahindra.

81nCVZseqJL._SY879_.jpg

images

Back