1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Hi guys! Got a little something just yesterday.

Mercedes Benz 500 SL. I got this one simply because I liked the color and the casting itself. While this one is an ex Corgi, Hot Wheels ironically has their own version of this car in a similar color that I happen to own. Might do a comparison sometime.
78A4DAC8-6E1A-4F43-B3EC-CA0BDE760DDA.jpeg

I’m a bit disappointed with the axles though. While you can’t tell in the photo, they’re pretty bent, wobbly as heck and don’t appear to be held down well. While I’m aware it’s a playset vehicle and probably isn’t very common, I have thought about getting another one for a wheel swap. However, I am seriously considering going ahead doing it to this one since it doesn’t roll well. Though I should probably wait until I get another one, my lack of patience will probably prevent me from doing so.

Last edited:
You my friend, are a complete madman (In a good way :lol:). Wonderful job with the pics, they are absolutely spot on. Enjoyed the write up as well. Sucks you are retiring too but looking forward to the remaining posts. :cheers:

Had a great time taking the photos. No idea the orange hauler had so many shots.

I’m not missing this place already :lol:

Hi guys! Got a little something just yesterday.

Mercedes Benz 500 SL. I got this one simply because I liked the color and the casting itself. While this one is an ex Corgi, Hot Wheels ironically has their own version of this car in a similar color that I happen to own. Might do a comparison sometime.

I think I have the same car but in of all things Barbie Pink! It's quite a large casting if I remember correctly, not sure what scale it is but its a pretty faithful job. Will have to dig it out now that you've reminded me of it 👍

I think I have the same car but in of all things Barbie Pink!
Interesting! :eek: You may or may not know this, but Mattel bought Corgi once and some of the Corgi's (this Benz being one of them) later became Hot Wheels. I am not aware of Hot Wheels having any in pink, so yours is probably a pre Mattel Corgi casting. ;)
It's quite a large casting if I remember correctly, not sure what scale it is but its a pretty faithful job.
It is indeed a rather large casting and a pretty darn good one too. While it is noticeably larger than it probably should be, it still looks better than it's Hot Wheels counterpart in my opinion. (will upload comparison pics later)
Will have to dig it out now that you've reminded me of it 👍
Please do! I just love Corgi's and I can never get enough of them. I actually like collecting them more than Redlines.

Man, what a way to say goodbye.

We'll all have to buy more cars to keep the level of this thread up to standard now, why would you do this? :ouch:

Have to say the main image is quite a sight :D and the TLV F40 deserves such praise. But blame a6m5 for giving me the idea :P

That is just the best. :lol:👍 Amazing display with both colors(upcoming black next right? :P)

What!? Is this the final act? :crazy:

The F40 in that shade of yellow is perfect. TLV nailed it. I have a few more cars to photo, so maybe the encore. I have to pack away the diorama so it will be endgame.

The Mclaren looks odd. I think the wheels are too small.
Skyline Silhouette looks great.
R34 GTR is a disappointment, the space where the side mirrors should be looks bad.
Tomica Premium?

Well in his own words that was a "farewell post".
My bad, I was on a short lunch earlier & was just getting around to actually reading it(he does say he has few more to post though).
But blame a6m5 for giving me the idea :P
*Darth Vader voice* "My main man, think again":
LV-N89a_2c.jpg

Tomytec started this. They got us both! *angel halo*
The F40 in that shade of yellow is perfect. TLV nailed it.
Good photography as usual. Very pretty. 👍
I have a few more cars to photo, so maybe the encore. I have to pack away the diorama so it will be endgame.
We all had hoped your run would continue little while longer, but I'm sure you had a lot of fun. I think I've mentioned it in the past, but for me, it was a combination of waning interest in the cars + frustration mounting towards the industry(price hike, quality control, milking products, etc.)....... but I know I had really good time & got to mingle with lot of nice & cool people(little luckier than @Johnny1996 :P). Cars were really enjoyable & to a degree, so was the "hunt".

I'm touched by your post. Thank you man. :embarrassed::tup: My blog was really sloppy, both by nature & by design. I'm glad somebody actually got a kick out of it. We definitely got a kick out of your blog. Great job, Paul. Very strong finish! 👍

We'll all have to buy more cars to keep the level of this thread up to standard now, why would you do this? :ouch:
Well, I don’t know about you, but I have this whole lot incoming that I have yet to take pics of:

E0209747-3008-47C2-B309-26E031EB7F97.jpeg

Every package/blister corresponds to one car, and that’s not including my TLV 787B or the assembled Ferrari F2003. Or my 4 other 1/18s. So yeah, I’m doing my bit (of being an impulsive shopper over the last 3 years). :P

The first 2 on the upper left are a silver SL65 Black Series, and a light blue Ferrari California, both by Kyosho, just in case anyone is asking.

I have recently preordered the yellow Evo V by TLV, this time through Japan Booster. Will add a Vi and maybe a four if they do a red one.

It's part of the Premium RS range so should be 1/43 scale. If so, that makes matters worse as you'd expect a tonne more detail at that scale, though I suspect Tomica are still wanting them to be toys rather than models.

It's part of the Premium RS range so should be 1/43 scale. If so, that makes matters worse as you'd expect a tonne more detail at that scale, though I suspect Tomica are still wanting them to be toys rather than models.
The Countach was fine. The R34 looks like something's off.

Interesting! :eek: You may or may not know this, but Mattel bought Corgi once and some of the Corgi's (this Benz being one of them) later became Hot Wheels. I am not aware of Hot Wheels having any in pink, so yours is probably a pre Mattel Corgi casting. ;)

It is indeed a rather large casting and a pretty darn good one too. While it is noticeably larger than it probably should be, it still looks better than it's Hot Wheels counterpart in my opinion. (will upload comparison pics later)

Please do! I just love Corgi's and I can never get enough of them. I actually like collecting them more than Redlines.

I found it :) Your right, it's a Corgi one. Didn't know some of the castings became Hot Wheels, thanks for the info.

upload_2019-5-31_1-32-25.png

Last edited:
Wow, that one looks good! :eek: I actually dig the pink color! Pretty good condition too. It looks like something my sister would own.
Your right, it's a Corgi one. Didn't know some of the castings became Hot Wheels, thanks for the info.
You're welcome! The Benz was one of a number of others that became Hot Wheels, some even becoming mainline releases, but sadly they didn't stick around for long. :indiff: I have a bunch of the former Corgi's that became Hot Wheels and I love them!

Here are my other 2 500SL's I own.
63C33DF9-3311-4F7C-A091-14BB5DFF824C.jpeg

The neon yellow one is from the Corgi/Hot Wheels Auto City series and the silver one is a Hot Wheels mainline release. ;)

Is Majorettes a good model brand? My local 7 Eleven always has loads of models, even had the GT models not too long ago. I always wonder if they’re worth the investment since they’re relatively cheap but I know nothing about these models and don’t have any interest in collecting them other than to resell for a profit.

Back