1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Indeed, the Tomica premium looks a bit 'square' (didn't stop me buying both releases though) where this appears to have better curves.
Yeah, just bought one too. Planning on swapping the wheels but haven't find anything good to swap it with.

Even as a mainline, I can already expect that the 22B will be hard to find.... The Subaru fanbase around here is relentless. Could never find the Car Culture bugeye.

Haven't gotten anything Greenlight related in ages. This thing isn't due out until September but I saw it AmiAmi this morning and just had to order it.

detail_GL-51271_1.jpg

Found some basics and some Matchbox yesterday after work including a 65th anniversary Oldsmobile
F836D306-F063-430B-8566-12BAE7186C67.jpeg

Also found two silhouettes
CEF23119-A757-458D-84C5-36FA44AFE7DC.jpeg
no Monza, Skyline, or the black RWB I’m guessing these two will be the peg warmers or at least the Corvette.

Haven't gotten anything Greenlight related in ages. This thing isn't due out until September but I saw it AmiAmi this morning and just had to order it.

detail_GL-51271_1.jpg
Something is completely wrong with the offset of the wheels at the rear...:scared:

Are the release dates mentioned for any of those? Need that Transporter. The Civics and the Pajero (maybe), peak my interest too.

No date for the transporter. All the others are provisionally set for September.

I will have quit collecting by September but it’s not going to stop me placing the preorder :lol::lol:

Edit:

Official pics up. Take a look see

https://minicar.tomytec.co.jp/

Prices here

https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/goods/search.aspx?search=true&category=TmcCar

And here we go again, but this one in yellow looks kind of not right

https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4543736306696/

Last edited:
No date for the transporter. All the others are provisionally set for September.

Hopefully the transporter is October or later. Otherwise September is going to get real expensive. :lol: Might just do the white Civic along with that Greenlight set I ordered yesterday. We'll see.
I will have quit collecting by September but it’s not going to stop me placing the preorder :lol::lol:

:lol:👍

Last edited:
Just preordered the Evo 6, Pajero and the EF. Now awaiting for my good seller to post the Ferrari ones.

Pajero is more expensive than the rest (except for Ferraris) though.

Oh man, I think I bought more TLVs than Hot Wheels this year :lol:

Just preordered the Evo 6, Pajero and the EF. Now awaiting for my good seller to post the Ferrari ones.

Pajero is more expensive than the rest (except for Ferraris) though.

Oh man, I think I bought more TLVs than Hot Wheels this year :lol:

Just the two Ferrari’s and the two Pajero’s for me. I won’t be in HK anymore when these are released so I have no idea how I will collect them. That small problem will be solved when the time comes!

Ok question time...

I'm in the UK and have always got my TLV's via Japan Booster on eBay and paid day one prices. With some of these newer releases that's becoming harder (and more expensive).

What 'should' I be doing if I want to make a saving?

Japan Booster offer pre-orders but that appears to come with higher shipping as you have to purchase 5 items for free shipping and doesn't appear to have the benefit of their eBay offer of free shipping over $50 also (having never tried it) it appears that you have to pay up front.

Amazon.co.jp are listing pre-orders (with discounts in some cases) I haven't worked out shipping yet as I'm yet to register a JP account, but should only around ¥ 800 (£5 give or take) looking at the help sections. So far this appears to be the cheapest place (after discount) but I don't know how well they'll be packed which worries me.

AmiAmi - never bought via them, how does it work and what sort of shipping charges as I looking at?

Anywhere else people can recommend?

AmiAmi - never bought via them, how does it work and what sort of shipping charges as I looking at?

You have to create an account. AmiAmi won't quote you the shipping cost until you they send you the invoice for the order when it's in stock. I go with the "air small packet" which is one of the cheaper shipping options. Really depends on the size of the order but it's normally somewhere between 900-1200 Yen for me for two or three models.

Screenshot_2019-05-10 AmiAmi [Character Hobby Shop] Search result for purchase history.png

Screenshot_2019-05-10 AmiAmi [Character Hobby Shop] Search result for purchase history(1).png

Screenshot_2019-05-10 AmiAmi [Character Hobby Shop] Search result for purchase history(1).png

(*Ignore the GST charge. That's an Australian tax thing :ouch:)

You have to create an account. AmiAmi won't quote you the shipping cost until you they send you the invoice for the order when it's in stock. I go with the "air small packet" which is one of the cheaper shipping options. Really depends on the size of the order but it's normally somewhere between 900-1200 Yen for me for two or three models.

View attachment 819817

View attachment 819818

View attachment 819824

(*Ignore the GST charge. That's an Australian tax thing :ouch:)
Thanks for that. Looks similar to what I've paid previously (circa £35 for two cars) via JB, I guess it's more the 'guarantee' you've got one reserved, which is where I'm struggling (JB sold out of white EK9's on launch day and I had to order elsewhere at full RRP plus shipping).

SVX
Sorry guys, imma let you finish with the Kyosho stuff, but...

2018-matchbox-diecast-convention.jpg

A Matchbox SVX and no one said anything! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Where've you been, this was announced ages ago, it's now past the 3D print above and into was in the prototype stage back in January...

https://lamleygroup.com/2019/01/29/...subaru-svx-and-polaris-slingshot-daaaaaaaang/

I think making the spoiler part of the rear screen was a mistake, but looks like a necessary evil.

Last edited:
Back