1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Seeing the Lamborghini Countach pricked something in my memory, so I went and found the box with some of my diecast cars in, and took a few pics.Because I have some time on my hands atm. :guilty: :rolleyes: ;)

Here is how the detail has changed for the Lamborghini Countach over what must be 30+ years. Does anyone know how old this is?

Lamborghini Countach.jpg

I had more Ford's, Ferrari's and Porsches than I remembered. :confused: :lol:

TLV collectors should have a good look at their collection. It might be upsetting to see...

I'm scared to! :nervous: :lol:

Disappointing to hear, especially with the stuff like the Lanica. You'd think something like that only be an issue with older releases. :crazy:

I've had a quick look at some of my TLVs. At first glance I didn't see anything since it's fairly subtle, but with a closer look, my Porsche 911S, VW Golf II and BMW 325i all have little spots at certain area. Pretty frustrating to be honest. The two Deltas I have seem fine for now though.

I'm scared to! :nervous: :lol:

Disappointing to hear, especially with the stuff like the Lanica. You'd think something like that only be an issue with older releases. :crazy:

I've had a quick look at some of my TLVs. At first glance I didn't see anything since it's fairly subtle, but with a closer look, my Porsche 911S, VW Golf II and BMW 325i all have little spots at certain area. Pretty frustrating to be honest. The two Deltas I have seem fine for now though.

Porsche.... my yellow, red, black ones have paint rash :banghead::banghead::ill::ill:

Damn. :crazy:

What Tomica line is that. Premium? TLV? I've never noticed any paint issues but then again most of mine haven't been out of their boxes since I bought them.
Premium had it the worse. I've got another one from Tomica Event Model that is starting to have signs of paint chips.

Dont know about specific makes but my brand new greenlight 1/64 vanishing point dodge challenger had 2 chips that I had to touch in.
From box
Greenlight always has this issue so I always keep them inside the cards.

Hello fellow diehard diecast collectors. I thought I’d ‘chip’ in to this discussion. I’ve not seen any paint chips on my Tomica’s. However, a lot of my TLVs have paint rash. This is a known problem with TLV.

At first I thought it was just some of the older releases that had them. Some of my prized TLVs (Silhouettes) bought long after they were released have very bad paint rash. But during my packing a while back and looking at all of my cars, even newer releases have them. The Lancia Delta is one that comes to mind.

TLV collectors should have a good look at their collection. It might be upsetting to see...
Yeah after seeing the chips in my Premium collection, I hurriedly open all my TLV collection. Fortunately they are all still safe (the F40 in particular so it was relieving to see).
Hot Kustoms has uploaded a video on how to remove those rash IIRC.

This is the most I've ever had expected at once, I'm like a dog in a window spotting its owner when I see the postman, nothing yet but im waiting for.

Ace: rare mad Max's work friends twin set yellow pursuit cars

Greenlight:
Starsky & Hutch Ford torino
Bullet mustang
Bullet charger
Charlie's angels mk1 mustang

6 1/64 models on way!
I feel like its Christmas lol

As an ex valetor and detailer for performance cars with over 8 years experience, I can say this!
Girlfriends (none used) make up brush is a great weekly anti scratch duster lol :D
20200420_171723.jpg

I need that NSX. :drool:
Also now I want to do a diorama after seeing some of the stuff in here and what one of my friends did with some 1/64 stuff he has...

Back