1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,419 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Well hello again guys! Got something truly worthwhile yesterday and it's something I have wanted for a long time that I thought I would never see in person, let alone own, but now it's finally mine! :dopey:

Highway Builder. For those that don't know, this is a former Corgi casting that went by the name "Shovel Loader" or "Front End Loader" that became a Hot Wheels casting later renamed "Highway Builder" in the 90's. This particular one is from a series called Road Repair, which was only sold in Europe and it has a different paint job from the one I got in the Auto City series last year. I've never seen this particular one in any places I typically buy Hot Wheels, probably due to me living in the US and it being a Europe only issue. I have only seen this one on Ebay maybe once or twice and when I did, it was usually from an overseas seller with shipping prices FAR beyond what I could pay. Fortunately, that wasn't the case for this one.
IMG_1098.JPG
IMG_1099.JPG
IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG

It's definitely something you don't see every day, I made more pictures than usual because you really can't find many pictures of this thing. I am absolutely thrilled to have this one after wanting it for so long and I am hoping one day I'll get the other 3 from the series. This is easily one of the best castings I have bought this year so far! :D

That's odd that they make you do that. Packaging constraints?

The box is big enough. Maybe those separate pieces (like the side mirrors on the FD models) could be in the risk of detaching if they are already installed. Could be because they can be damaged on transit.

Even the A70 Supra has its front chin separated. And the Nismo iDX's side mirrors.

I don't know why, but I've been tempted to buy models of vehicles I've tested in real life. Even the more mainstream cars, so now I'm looking for some of the trucks.
96712702_10223271008862883_2536073524229963776_n.jpg

Ugh, another unnecessary gimmick. I think I'll pass on this one.

Then pretty much you'll pass up on a lot of good castings with separate parts. A70 Supra, iDx, Ferrari Dino, FC3S, Nissan Vision GT 2020, some police cars...

I don't know why they package them like that. Even Tarmac can do that without wobbling side mirrors and spoilers.

Last edited:
Got these nostalgic (for me) nascar models coming in post soon.
80s 90s and 00s
We dont get winners circle and alike in UK, I've never even seen one, apparently the older ones are better quality so I'm excited.
20200516_123646.jpg
20200516_123603.jpg
20200516_123626.jpg

So I bought my son a stock car too :D
20200515_130330.jpg

Last edited:
It's crazy how it seems no one is license to make propper general Lee anymore, I paid £52, the nascar models I've ordered are £4 each lol

Last edited:
Then pretty much you'll pass up on a lot of good castings with separate parts. A70 Supra, iDx, Ferrari Dino, FC3S, Nissan Vision GT 2020, some police cars...

I don't know why they package them like that. Even Tarmac can do that without wobbling side mirrors and spoilers.
Funny enough, separate side mirrors didn't mind me as much as separate front lip, and I did miss all those cars, I had the Vision GT once but had to sell it.

I mean, separate mirrors I can understand but separate front lip? Why bother? Why not just cast the front lip to the front bumper like most companies do?

Got this Corgi Auto City set last week! Had my heart set on this set for a while now and was originally going to wait until my birthday to get it, but I caved in and decided to get it ASAP because I feared it'd be gone by then. It's a neat set I hadn't seen before until this year and I just couldn't let it out of my sight.
IMG_1115.JPG

Has a cutout on the back, which is neat, but I don't intend to cut it though.
IMG_1126.JPG

And here are some pictures of the castings inside.

F1 Race Car. Yea, not a very creative name, but that's what it's called. For a while, I thought the bodies were plastic and the base was metal, but to my surprise, it's actually metal on metal with the spoiler being actually part of the base. The casting is also larger than I expected it to be too. The paint jobs on both of these are identical, but the interior's and drivers are different from each other. These were even better than I expected it to be, it's a shame they weren't produced past the Auto City series. I kind of wish the spoiler wasn't part of the base because given how die-cast metal is, I could see it breaking off if it gets bent too much.
IMG_1118.JPG

Ford Transit Wrecker. Wanted one of these for a while now, but didn't get one until now for some reason. Despite the package around it being slightly too small and it appearing to put pressure on the rear axle, it's actually not bent thankfully. It can't really pull the F1's easily, but it'll pull the van just fine. I don't know what the part that holds the hook is called, but it appears to be spring-loaded, or something like that, because it can be pressed down I guess so it can be used to pick up other castings. Didn't expect that! I wonder why it has 6 rivets though. :crazy:
IMG_1117.JPG

Hot Rod Custom Van. Yet another uncreative name, but the casting itself is pretty darn cool in my opinion and I wish they made more like it. I find it odd it has no interior though.
IMG_1116.JPG

And of course, here's the truck! I don't know that it's called, but it's a fairly large truck that was even bigger than I expected it to be! It's considerably larger than the Hot Wheels Truckin' Transporters and Super Rigs we know today and has several interesting features.
IMG_1119.JPG

The trailer can be detached pretty easily by simply sliding it forward and pulling it out.
IMG_1120.JPG

The door on the side opens up and I assume that portion of the truck is intended to be a workshop. You can put one the F1's in there if you turn it sideways, but it'll rattle around if you move the truck.
IMG_1122.JPG

The back is interesting. It has a flap that can be lifted and when lifted it can hold both F1's. It's lowered in this picture.
IMG_1123.JPG

And here it is lifted. When lifted it can be slid into place and can properly hold both of the F1's just fine. I certainly like how they did this truck! It has some pretty neat features!
IMG_1124.JPG

And here are the accessories.
IMG_1125.JPG
Overall, very happy with this set, it was even better than I expected! I hope to get more like it in the future and eventually, I'd really like to get this Blimp and this other F1 because they'd go great with this set!

View attachment 922177

New in Wally World but they’re charging Real Rider $6 prices for these. It’s nice though...

The card is cool, but that's a repainted 934 from original release at best, and I'm assuming with a plastic base?

I found this in a bin of 2019 December mainlines:

s-l640.png

They still had the Rewind 5 set of Fast & Furious, so I guess I missed out on JH3 hitting pegs in the last 3 months. Oh well. I'm digging the tones and colours used in this series. Would've been awesome to find the others as well.

Back