1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
First new HW I've found since February!

20200522_003106.png

I love that the NSX is a track car for Ryu Asada's own fictional track 'Ryula Circuit'.

Visited a hobby shop loaded with historic military memorabilia, war diorama stuff, an endless wall of Tamiya boat, plane and car kits, as well as tubs of Corgi, Dinky, Matchbox of Yesteryear, and whatever tiny cars of the long past all in one place. Some of you would splooge in that place with their fair prices that I wish some of y'all could get the chance to visit some day.

VXR
First new HW I've found since February!

I must say I did not expect a Prelude, of all 90s Japanese cars, to catch Mattel's attention.

Visited a hobby shop loaded with historic military memorabilia, war diorama stuff, an endless wall of Tamiya boat, plane and car kits, as well as tubs of Corgi, Dinky, Matchbox of Yesteryear, and whatever tiny cars of the long past all in one place. Some of you would splooge in that place with their fair prices that I wish some of y'all could get the chance to visit some day.

I must say I did not expect a Prelude, of all 90s Japanese cars, to catch Mattel's attention.
I love that they do it justice. The casting looks amazing for a mainline.

They say the beauty is in the subtle details.

Can we do a before and after side-by-side to see what that looks like?
If I can get them both I'll do it. If the revised on is approved by Pagani then it must be a lot better than the previous one.

Retooled and approved by Pagani. I didn't see much difference though.

Ha! So it does prove that Tarmac had no approval from Pagani at all, when they released the early batch of Zonda models. And then the peeps from Pagani had to intervene, hehe. It is of no wonder why there is only one current Zonda model released and the rest were cancelled.

And I have a Zonda model, which, sad to say is far from perfect. You know Tarmac...

Ha! So it does prove that Tarmac had no approval from Pagani at all, when they released the early batch of Zonda models. And then the peeps from Pagani had to intervene, hehe. It is of no wonder why there is only one current Zonda model released and the rest were cancelled.

And I have a Zonda model, which, sad to say is far from perfect. You know Tarmac...
Let's hope this one turn out much better. What's the minus on the present release?

Do you still feel this way about Tarmac with the latest products available on the market? I was tempted by some of them recently.

It's either they aren't good, or I get bad luck getting a bad model.

The only Tarmac 1:64 model I love is the AMG GT3.

It's either they aren't good, or I get bad luck getting a bad model.

The only Tarmac 1:64 model I love is the AMG GT3.

I see. I preordered this INNO the other day...

IN64-R32P-MMEG.jpg

...and the site needed you to spend a bit to get free shipping, so Tarmac was a candidate for shipping fluff.

But I settled on some JECs for now as they might be able to resale later for a slight profit.

Tarmac quality is hit-and-miss I find. My Nissan GT-R GT3 is pretty bad considering how much I paid for it, whilst the RWB Porsche 930 is excellent. Due to their iffy quality, I tend to look past them for the most part. I'm more likely to jump on a new model from TLV, Spark or Mini GT because they offer better value for money in my opinion.

20200604_124957.jpg
20200604_150742.jpg

Until I get a Johnny lightning 70s car that is it for nascar for now
80s early 90s, late 90s then early 00s, 70s is the only other era that interests me, they look silly now with big spoilers

Auto World is coming out with some more Christine's in 1/64. A "work in progress" which I am of course excited about:

upload_2020-6-4_15-57-26.png

But also a burned version which I must have!

upload_2020-6-4_15-58-25.png

Back