1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
web-top_002.jpg

screencap.png

So, yeah. Kyosho is still alive. Somehow.

If you live in Japan, you can buy this at a FamilyMart convenience store.

Ah yes, Japan. Wherein you can get amazing special edition diecasts in a convenience store, out of all places. :lol:

Last edited:
Somehow I feel Kyosho switching over to that lottery system contributed to its 1/64 decline.

Although the blind box system wasn't the greatest idea, it at the very least got vendors ordering cases upon cases.

Some of the more recent Hotwheels I have been buying. I have more pictures, but I realized that I have to edit them. Because for some reason, my phone decided to have them display as vertical despite me using landscape mode.
20200625_133746.jpg
20200625_133841.jpg

EDIT: Annoyingly, they're still flipped.
20200625_133724.jpg
20200625_134028.jpg
20200625_134100.jpg
20200625_134143.jpg
20200625_134250.jpg
20200625_134351.jpg
20200625_134410.jpg

Last edited:
Hey again guys! Ya’ll probably saw those Corgi Auto City sets I posted earlier and I said earlier that I would post some individual shots of each of the castings in these sets. Well, here they are! Since it’s a ton of images, lots of text with my thoughts for each, I’ll leave each set in spoiler tags just to keep this page from going absolutely insane while loading. Some of the stuff in these sets have some really surprising things I didn’t expect to see.

So anyways, here they are:
Matra Rancho. This casting and the trailer with the boat is what made me want this set in the first place and I was certainly not disappointed, if anything, it exceeded my expectations! :D

I thought for sure this thing was a Land Rover of some sort at first, but upon opening the box, it turns out it’s a Chrysler I had never heard of before. It has a trailer hitch and I of course am a sucker for trailer hitchs on castings, part of why I love Corgi’s Ford Sierra so much, so it’s no surprise why I wanted this one. It’s ride height is kind of low for an SUV in my opinion, but I imagine it was so it would be even with whatever trailer it pulls, which it is.
IMG_1178.JPG

Of course, it don’t stop there. It has an opening trunk in the back, which I did not expect to see. Good feature! 👍
IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

^Although despite the fact I got this set completely unopened, the paint on the roof hasn’t aged well. It seems to have cracked possibly due to the climate it is from whoever owned it before.

Overall though, I am very happy with this casting! It was even better than I expected it to be and I will certainly be buying some more in the future to customize because this is one I would love to make a custom of!
Inflatable Dinghy with Trailer. At least that what Hot Wheels called it. This of course is what the Matra Rancho can pull and I am always happy to get new trailers for Hot Wheels regardless of the brand. Although the boat and trailer can be easily separated, they will stay together very well and won’t separate super easy like the Hot Wheels Seasider’s boat does. Very well designed in my opinion!
IMG_1180.JPG

Of course, here is the trailer without the boat. You can see the pegs where the boat can attach to.
IMG_1182.JPG

And here is the boat itself. It’s made entirely of plastic, but it’s done really well and I wish we had more like it. The motor in the back can be moved from left to right just as you would expect. That’s not even the good part though…
IMG_1183.JPG

Believe it or not, this thing can actually float on water! I was quite surprised to see this, but it does and it does it very well! I even tried sinking this thing several times and it wouldn’t sink, it just went back up to the surface being only partially submerged in the water. Taking it out and putting it back in however will make it float like it should again.
IMG_1212.JPG

Maybe mine is an outlier and isn’t meant to float, but either way, I am beyond pleased with it and I really want to get more of these someday! :dopey:
Ford Transit Van. Been a long time since I got another one of these, last time I did was with this old set I got years ago. Nothing much to say here, it’s a rather large casting with some nice police tampos. Pretty cool! 👍
IMG_1186.JPG

Whatever helicopter this is :lol:.Not too sure what the name of this one is, but it’s one I see pop up on Ebay sometime, but never got one for some reason. The rotors fold up and although I never liked that design all that much, these are the best set I have seen yet. They fold easy, but still spin pretty well unlike the Hot Wheels Proper Chopper. Nice to have another helicopter! 👍
IMG_1187.JPG

Ford Cargo Truck. Just a nice big flatbed truck that can carry other vehicles, obviously intended for the helicopter in this set. Didn’t expect to see deco on the bed, but it’s a nice touch! 👍 Definitely a nice one to have for sure!
IMG_1188.JPG

Accessories. Just a stop sign, 4 cones, and what appears to be a policeman. I love how Corgi tries to include more than just die-cast in their sets, really adds to the set! 👍
IMG_1189.JPG

And that’s it for the Rescue Set. Beyond pleased with this set, more so than expected! Easily the best of the 3, especially with the Matra Rancho and the boat and trailer!
Digger/Dirt Rover. Had the Hot Wheels release for many years now, but I have never gotten anything other than that one until now. Apart from the obvious things like the wheels and paint job, this one has noticeable differences from the one that later became a Hot Wheels casting. For instance, it has an extra piece of plastic at the top that moves in and out when you move the arm, the axles are much thicker and it has a metal rivet on the other side and then whatever that flat end is in the photo. None of these are present on the Hot Wheels release of the casting, Mattel apparently did some cost-cutting when they started using this casting.
IMG_1191.JPG

After years of only having the Hot Wheels version, it’s very refreshing to have one that’s different from it, especially since it’s of better quality which I didn’t expect to see! 👍
Highway Builder/Shovel Loader/Front End Loader. Thought for sure this was just another duplicate of the one I got last year, but upon opening the box, I noticed it had a black bucket and I realized it’s actually a different one from the other two I own instead! Always a pleasure to get more of these! 👍
IMG_1192.JPG

Kenworth Truck. Perhaps the most exciting one in the set for me! It’s just what you think it is, a flatbed truck with an extra feature that picks stuff up. It’s a little fiddly, but it works! The stacks feel like they could break really easy though, but fortunately, I intend to keep it safe. Certainly a nice truck to have for sure! 👍
IMG_1193.JPG

Ford Cargo Truck. Pretty much everything I said about the one in the Rescue Set. It can carry other vehicles, but I believe it’s meant to be used to haul the cargo the set comes will with the Kenworth Truck being the one to put it on there. Didn’t expect to see deco on the bed either, but I am glad it has it and it looks pretty good! 👍 Imagine having that a name like that. :lol:
IMG_1198.JPG

Accessories. 4 cones, a rather nice stoplight, a hard-working man striving for his paycheck :lol: and two export crates. The export crates look like that would split apart, but they don’t. I believe the Kenworth Truck is designed to be able to pick them up and with some fiddling, it can. Easily the best accessories I have seen yet! 👍
IMG_1196.JPG

Pretty pleased with this set just as I thought I would! :D
Jaguar XJR12. Not going to lie, this was the one that made me want to buy the set the most. I have wanted one of these for years now, but every time I see them, they’re usually pretty expensive for some reason. It’s a little bigger than I expected, but it’s quite nice! I really wish they did clear headlights more often instead of casting them to the body and adding tampos. I really need more of these Jaguars!
IMG_1200.JPG

Ford Transit Wrecker. Yet another good one to go with the other race set I got recently. This one is most likely intended to haul the Jaguar. Nice to have another one of the these again, even if it has 6 rivets! 👍:lol:
IMG_1201.JPG

Ford Cargo Truck? Well at least that’s what it says on the base. Given that it has a huge tank, it has to have another name, but I don’t know what it is. It looks like a MUCH bigger version of the Oil Refinery Truck. Pretty cool! Might do a size comparison of them later on!
IMG_1202.JPG

Ford Cargo Truck. Yep, the 3rd one in a row. :lol: Really surprised at the fact they added tampos to the bed on this one and the other 3, but I am glad they did! Obviously intended to carry the Jaguar because what would it carry in this set? :lol:
IMG_1203.JPG

Accessories. 4 cones, a barricade, and a race car driver. Would really like to get more of those barricades!
IMG_1204.JPG

Overall, I am pleased with the set! Glad to have that Jagaur finally and the tanker truck is great addition, but of course it’s always nice to have another wrecker and cargo truck! 👍
Anyways, that’s the photos and my thoughts on each of the sets! Very happy with them all and I hope I can continue to get more of them in the future!

That Mercedes will be a nice pair with the 190E from the first set.

The rest of the cars. I'm not sure with the Hello Kitty Civic but it's kinda cute.
I think this is the first time I'm okay with them rereleasing the 22B like it was in the mainline version. The plain S14 is long overdue. Couldn't care less about the Jetta though.

The Alfa Romeo 33 looks gorgeous. Definitely the stand out of that mix, the AE86 looks awkward, with the small wheels and doesn't seem right with the bottom half not being black. But I'm sure there had to be a choice made for the cost of the tampos.

I'm a confused animal for coming back. Been moving stuff out of my office space for renovation later this month and didn't notice just how much stuff I have. Yet here I am buying more stuff.

Datsun%2B240Z%2B%25282019%2BMystery%2BModels%2529.jpg

2019 Mystery Models Datsun 240Z - Love the livery. May do light modding on it and see if that dude wants to buy it off me.

Custom%2BDatsun%2B240Z%2B%25282018%2BNightburnerz%2529.jpg

2018 Nightburnerz Custom Datsun 240Z

Mazda%2BRX-7%2B%25282018%2BThen%2Band%2BNow%2529.jpg

2018 Then and Now (Kmart Exclusive?) Mazda RX-7
This ended up being a freebie. I actually placed an order for the Then and Now FD, and the dude sent me this instead. Although he gave me back more than I paid for, I still would've rather had the FD. Maybe I'l touch this up too and sell it off.

%255BOT%255D%2BNissan%2BSkyline%2BR32%2BGT-R.JPG

2018 Car Culture - Open Track - Nissan Skyline GT-R
Suckered in by the card and the livery.

This arrived at the doorstep today

Dude. That looks good!

Anyone who has the RLC RWB 930, do you cut the rubber band that's keeping the doors closed or just leave it be? I see those things can damage the paint so I want to cut it but I'm worried the doors are loose.

Back