1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Been wanting to find the G case for a while now, just for the Nissan R390 GT1. I suppose I broke my box opening virginity at the local Walmart before the shelves were restocked. :nervous: My brother egged me on to pull a case off the pallet and open it, late Saturday night. Never done it before and I was nervous of getting in trouble, but...it was worth it for the R390. Forgot what the super was for the case at the time, but at the time, I only cared about the R390.
169062255_10226126978980351_2566725604507799687_n.jpg

Also, last week I drove down to Massachusetts to check out another model shop I only recently found on google. They had quite a few loose cars, but a lot of older Sikus and some older Matchbox. Just grabbed these:
166264891_10226071776440322_2424479837075923356_n.jpg

I'll probably post more photos of the stores and my larger scale haul in the scale model thread.

Edit: Nevermind, I'll add some here.
165478838_10226069805471049_8054894743845344173_n.jpg

165122445_10226069804951036_5204873930808401488_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just sold some Kyosho Beads to a guy yesterday and apparently he plans on slamming every single one of them with massively overstretched tires, including some Hobby Show Exclusives.

He didn't ask for any discounts, and what he does shouldn't be any of my business, but the historical preserver in me feels terrible for selling collectibles to people like him.

Imagine one of your collectible models, some discontinued, non-mass produced, high quality build which you needed to let go of, would you care at all who the next owner is?

Last edited:
I just sold some Kyosho Beads to a guy yesterday and apparently he plans on slamming every single one of them with massively overstretched tires, including some Hobby Show Exclusives.

He didn't ask for any discounts, and what he does shouldn't be any of my business, but the historical preserver in me feels terrible for selling collectibles to people like him.

Imagine one of your collectible models, some discontinued, non-mass produced, high quality build which you needed to let go of, would you care at all who the next owner is?

Interesting question. I think I'd prefer them go to someone who will preserve them as is, but if the situation is that I "need to let go of" them, I guess I'd be happy they found a buyer.
So for me, I'd care a bit, but not enough for it to bother me too much or even prevent me from selling them.

Speaking of discontinued collectible models, I've not posted here in a while and for good reason. The CM's I almost exclusively collect now are slowly drying up even in Japan it seems (Fair deals have been rare on eBay for a while now). But I did recently grab a Colin McRae collection in box, so that'll be something to post here in a few weeks. Now if only I could get the other Colin McRae collection... or all of the other collections I'm missing.

EDIT:
And as a side note, this made me check ebay and uhh... This exists. I've never seen it before. I have the similar Lancia set. I want it so bad, but that price is obviously ridiculous.
Damn it.

Last edited:

Oh definitely. If I had known that’s what the buyer was gonna do with my highly-sought-after Kyosho Beads or TLVs, it’s definitely going to impact on my desire to sell to that dude. Hell, I may even sell it to another guy who will keep the model the way it is at a very slightly discounted price (given that he’s being honest) than to sell it at the price I originally wanted to the dude who’s going to modify it, if there hasn’t been a contract formed in any way yet, of course. After all, discontinued products are no longer made, and if one of them is modified in an irreversible manner, then there’s going to be one fewer pristine example left on Earth, no matter what. It could also just be my desire to see cars at their most-stock condition that’s at work here.

Sometimes when I’m browsing through online auctions, I’d even scream internally to myself at a seller who modified a rare discontinued TLV by switching the wheels to some stanced and stretched version, like “why would you do that???!? :eek:

Luckily I haven’t been through such economic difficulties as to force me to make such a painful decision. :)

Last edited:
Finally found the new Fast Wagons Car Cultures at Target. Of course the Skyline Van was missing and I didn't care much for the Nova. (No longer attempting to collect full sets) Some local collectors told me they've seen the Autoworld Supra around at a few local Walmarts, but of course I never get to the stores in time. Ended up ordering both variants from a model shop that I go to in Massachusetts.
173135944_10226180377115271_3703347584916974137_n.jpg

Edit: For anyone with Walgreens pharmacy stores, you can find the Fast Wagon Car Cultures there.

Last edited:
Interesting question. I think I'd prefer them go to someone who will preserve them as is, but if the situation is that I "need to let go of" them, I guess I'd be happy they found a buyer.
So for me, I'd care a bit, but not enough for it to bother me too much or even prevent me from selling them.

Thanks for that. Glad I'm not the only one who feels the discomfort.

Speaking of discontinued collectible models, I've not posted here in a while and for good reason. The CM's I almost exclusively collect now are slowly drying up even in Japan it seems (Fair deals have been rare on eBay for a while now).

I'm guessing you're done going through pallaszg's stuff then? He's still fairly priced, and I'm seeing that human.go for whatever reason is now the one who has the most amount of CM's available these days.

But I did recently grab a Colin McRae collection in box, so that'll be something to post here in a few weeks. Now if only I could get the other Colin McRae collection... or all of the other collections I'm missing.

I recently decided to post up the remaining CM's I originally intended to keep. I have more than I can display at once, and I'm not really interested in the idea of recirculating some on display with some stored in a container on some weekly basis. There are some Colin McRae releases in this listing, so let me know if anything grabs your attention.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1560134850

Oh definitely. If I had known that’s what the buyer was gonna do with my highly-sought-after Kyosho Beads or TLVs, it’s definitely going to impact on my desire to sell to that dude. Hell, I may even sell it to another guy who will keep the model the way it is at a very slightly discounted price (given that he’s being honest) than to sell it at the price I originally wanted to the dude who’s going to modify it, if there hasn’t been a contract formed in any way yet, of course. After all, discontinued products are no longer made, and if one of them is modified in an irreversible manner, then there’s going to be one fewer pristine example left on Earth, no matter what. It could also just be my desire to see cars at their most-stock condition that’s at work here.

Right! That's what I'm thinking. Preservation of goods... this dude doesn't see that I suppose.

Sometimes when I’m browsing through online auctions, I’d even scream internally to myself at a seller who modified a rare discontinued TLV by switching the wheels to some stanced and stretched version, like “why would you do that???!? :eek:

If there an asking price that was higher than retail of the TLV, then maybe it was a profit-driven hobby. People selling wheelswaps is a thing nowadays. Hobbyists 3D-printing and selling 1:64 wheels is a thing now too. All those hundreds of wheels I yanked off Hot Wheels in the past years are not likely going to sell anymore.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you're done going through pallaszg's stuff then? He's still fairly priced, and I'm seeing that human.go for whatever reason is now the one who has the most amount of CM's available these days.

He might have some good stuff now and then, but most of the time it's cars I already have. He normally lists the rarer pieces as a buy it now listing for what are admittedly fair prices, but at that point I'm better off getting them from Japan. But a decent bit of my collection was bought from him.

I recently decided to post up the remaining CM's I originally intended to keep. I have more than I can display at once, and I'm not really interested in the idea of recirculating some on display with some stored in a container on some weekly basis. There are some Colin McRae releases in this listing, so let me know if anything grabs your attention.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1560134850

Was intending on saving money for a bit, but I'll message you. I am missing a fair few from your listing.

Right! That's what I'm thinking. Preservation of goods... this dude doesn't see that I suppose.
Maybe that’s what he likes to do and see, putting models on stretched wheels.

If there an asking price that was higher than retail of the TLV, then maybe it was a profit-driven hobby. People selling wheelswaps is a thing nowadays. Hobbyists 3D-printing and selling 1:64 wheels is a thing now too. All those hundreds of wheels I yanked off Hot Wheels in the past years are not likely going to sell anymore.
But the problem is there’re no bids on the item. :lol: It could be the price markup, but there’s probably no interest from Japanese buyers in those listings.

———

There’s another (or two, if you count colour variations) TLV Ferrari coming, and this time it’s the 412:

10773160a.jpg

The catch? User-installed side mirrors and front license plate.

If that puts you off, maybe you can take solace in the fact that they’re Japan-exclusive. :P

But the problem is there’re no bids on the item. :lol: It could be the price markup, but there’s probably no interest from Japanese buyers in those listings.

There may be a niche interest in collecting modified diecasts, but I think most of us know Japanese people are uptight about keeping goods as mint as possible. It could be a dude with blind hope.

IMG_20210419_190329.jpg

Finally got some Autoworlds that aren't GT40s. Shame the wheels on these ones, particulary the Hellcat is a bit crooked. But that's easily fixed.

IMG_20210419_205251.jpg

As these are True 64 scales, I decided to just line them up. The Hellcat is hilariously HUGE, I mean it's even bigger than some of the Hot Wheels I've got. It's also really heavy :lol::lol::lol:

IMG_20210419_205605.jpg

The Tomica is 1/58 if you guys are wondering, and the Hellcat still looks a little bigger lol

IMG_20210419_210117.jpg

Overall I love these, can't wait for the Supra and the Demon to come. I'd probably gonna get the Rubicon and the Camaro once they get in my country.

I officially hate you. :lol: You just had to show that Gulf Chevy truck, didn't ya? I'm on vacation this week, so it looks like I'll be on a scavenger hunt. I saw a Johnny Lightning GMC Typhoon last week & picked it up. But after looking at it & the price, I put it back. It was literally the same model I picked up a decade ago, but with a newer, larger package.

Almost missed this wheel error while going through a dump bin. Thankfully I was checking over tampos when I noticed this R390 had the Cool Classics RSW wheel. (Top car)
175320132_10226232438736779_5923666999499855873_n.jpg

Very nice catch. I don't think I would've noticed that when sifting through bins.

Back