1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,421 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Found the new F&F Fast Stars set. I feel like a "monster" for not buying the whole set and leaving behind the Mustang and Charger. (Someone out there feeling incomplete)
179056153_10226301810671034_898501351305918522_n.jpg

Fairly tempted by the MiniGT Toyota TRD 3000GT. Any recommendations of where to get MiniGTs?

Photographing prototype toys beside food is the last thing I expected to see in this hobby. :lol:
You have no idea bud. This is tame compared to some people in my country. They took pictures of their pocket cars ON their food here. Mental stuff.

It won't release on time but anyway. I'll still get one but Mini GT's always release a month or two late...

They'll NEVER get their release windows right. They always have a huge backlog of new models that they keep on announcing, instead of actually prioritizing the quality of a hyped-up model and release it on time.

Biggest issue of MINI GTs are the plastic head and tail light covers, which have a high chance of popping off. Even Greenlight attaches them better.

They always treat this as a race. Like, no one cares who makes (and releases) them first; just as long as they get them right.

Last edited:
I've finally got some new stuff to show here.
First off, I bought two cars off @AOS-.

The BMW V12 LMR from Kyosho.
DSCN1745.JPG

Goes nicely with its twin that I also bought from AOS years ago.
DSCN1748.JPG

And the more notable buy was this Lancia Stratos. 1975 Tour de Corse winner.
This model is very difficult to find so I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.
DSCN1766.JPG

That's all I bought from AOS this time, but I also got a package from Japan today... First off this Kyosho 131 Abarth. Love the car, but CM's only ever released it in two different liveries. Kyosho it is then.
DSCN1762.JPG

It's pretty nice, but the design is not as complete as a CM's car might have been. Plus the shape is odd, it's noticeably narrower than it should be. They still look good together though.
DSCN1764.JPG

And last but certainly not least, the entire Colin McRae memorial box nr. 2 (excuse the awful picture).
DSCN1769.JPG

Surprisingly this box was actually still sealed. I opted to keep it closed so as not to ruin the resale value...

Nah, just kidding. I voted "Yes" on this thread's poll all those years ago and that still hasn't changed. Here are the goodies.

DSCN1771.JPG

DSCN1772.JPG

DSCN1774.JPG

This special colour version is kind of neat, but I would've preferred another "real" car.
DSCN1775.JPG

DSCN1776.JPG

DSCN1777.JPG

DSCN1778.JPG

DSCN1779.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1745.JPG
    DSCN1745.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
TLV Honda NSX Type S Zero:

View attachment 1009218

View attachment 1009219

View attachment 1009220

Good thing I didn't settle for the base model NSX that was released earlier.

Could'nt help wading in to give you a like; I'm a sucker for lime-green. :)

I've finally got some new stuff to show here.
First off, I bought two cars off @AOS-.

The BMW V12 LMR from Kyosho.
View attachment 1010863

Goes nicely with its twin that I also bought from AOS years ago.
View attachment 1010864

And the more notable buy was this Lancia Stratos. 1975 Tour de Corse winner.
This model is very difficult to find so I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.
View attachment 1010865

That's all I bought from AOS this time, but I also got a package from Japan today... First off this Kyosho 131 Abarth. Love the car, but CM's only ever released it in two different liveries. Kyosho it is then.
View attachment 1010866

It's pretty nice, but the design is not as complete as a CM's car might have been. Plus the shape is odd, it's noticeably narrower than it should be. They still look good together though.
View attachment 1010867

And last but certainly not least, the entire Colin McRae memorial box nr. 2 (excuse the awful picture).
View attachment 1010868

Surprisingly this box was actually still sealed. I opted to keep it closed so as not to ruin the resale value...

Nah, just kidding. I voted "Yes" on this thread's poll all those years ago and that still hasn't changed. Here are the goodies.

View attachment 1010869

View attachment 1010870

View attachment 1010871

This special colour version is kind of neat, but I would've preferred another "real" car.
View attachment 1010872

View attachment 1010873

View attachment 1010874

View attachment 1010875

View attachment 1010876

I can't say 'I hate you!'. Anyway, I'm a bit upset that you have all the cars I love. :irked:

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to find anything new or good in stores lately. Other than some new mainlines (black Merc, blue Audi wagon, etc) it's been slim to no pickings on the premium front. Wasting my time hitting Walmart stores looking for the white Skyline set and seeing nothing but the Trans Am set warming the shelves. Individual premium cars are limited to old stuff warming the pegs or X-Men cars I have no interest in.

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to find anything new or good in stores lately. Other than some new mainlines (black Merc, blue Audi wagon, etc) it's been slim to no pickings on the premium front. Wasting my time hitting Walmart stores looking for the white Skyline set and seeing nothing but the Trans Am set warming the shelves. Individual premium cars are limited to old stuff warming the pegs or X-Men cars I have no interest in.
Newest set I was able to find was the van set with the tuner companies on them, haven’t seen the British car set with the gulf Mclaren F1. Seen some new basic cars at Target if I’m lucky but most stores I go to don’t have the new stuff on the pegs and most are empty anyway.

Newest set I was able to find was the van set with the tuner companies on them, haven’t seen the British car set with the gulf Mclaren F1. Seen some new basic cars at Target if I’m lucky but most stores I go to don’t have the new stuff on the pegs and most are empty anyway.
This is all that I'm seeing lately...

20210523_182005.jpg
20210523_182028.jpg

View attachment 1010868

You actually went and bought the whole set!! Enjoy the ROI!

I can't say 'I hate you!'. Anyway, I'm a bit upset that you have all the cars I love. :irked:

I still have some other left overs Apok didn't grab from me if you're interested! I've narrowed down what I'm committed to keeping so I have some loose ends I'm looking to let go of now.

Back