1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Found the Fast Wagons RS6 and 850R today. Not interested in the van or other Volvo, although I said that about the whole set originally :D

MINI GT did well on this Audi RS6 Avant as expected.

IMG20210601095421.jpg
IMG20210601095456.jpg
IMG20210601095508.jpg
IMG20210601095520.jpg

rsz_img_20210604_211917_310.png

After two months of waiting on the preorder, my Deutschland Design set arrived, so they will be shot sometime during the week. Not the 959, though. That thing is an absolute missed opportunity.

There's been zilch in my area. It's been absolutely terrible.

How long has it been for you? Feels like distribution has been lacking for months here. My local Walmart has been empty for almost 2 months now. Target has been more up to date on mainlines, but both stores haven't seen much for premiums.

How long has it been for you? Feels like distribution has been lacking for months here. My local Walmart has been empty for almost 2 months now. Target has been more up to date on mainlines, but both stores haven't seen much for premiums.
Premium and basics have been empty or old stock for a while, autoworld is empty too.

^ My dollar stores have bin full of mainlines which they covered up because it's a non-essential good, so they can't sell it at this time. :lol: Imagine that. You get into a store, but aren't allow to purchase about 80% of the stuff in there.

We're almost free though.

^ My dollar stores have bin full of mainlines which they covered up because it's a non-essential good, so they can't sell it at this time. :lol: Imagine that. You get into a store, but aren't allow to purchase about 80% of the stuff in there.

We're almost free though.
This is one thing that hasn't happened here. Never seen any stores limiting sales to essential goods.

Did a random google search for this last night because I knew it was coming but hadn't seen it yet. Just my luck it just became available, so snagged one on eBay.

upload_2021-6-9_19-0-49.png

You actually went and bought the whole set!! Enjoy the ROI!

I still have some other left overs Apok didn't grab from me if you're interested! I've narrowed down what I'm committed to keeping so I have some loose ends I'm looking to let go of now.

Thanks, Andy . . . I'll keep that in mind. You're just a half-hour drive from me anyway. City has just opened up partially .....

This just made my day.

I arranged time to sell a red FC3S to a dude. We agreed to have the dude pick up at my place. As I'm waiting for him doing some housework, I look out the window and see a red FC convertible parked outside. Great timing. Dude wants a toy car of his real car. So typical.

Alright, I put on my mask, step outside, and as I step outside revealing more of the street that my protruding garage was obscuring, there lies a Mk4 Supra. Dude standing outside, greets me. There's no one in that Supra.... "so the Supra dude's buying the FC?" I think to myself. My classified ad asks for $2 and change. Guy hands me a five because he doesn't carry change like most young lads. I happily accept the generous tip.

Guy takes the car over to the red convertible. A girl steps out of this one. Presents her the car. Eyes light up, the hands covering her mouth can't contain her excitement. She knew nothing of this apparently. I guess all he told her was that he was picking something up and to follow him to take a detour.

Apparently the FC she got a hold of wouldn't have been possible if the dude was a mechanic. Strategically speaking, I should go date a mechanic myself :lol:

Last edited:
I can't find the RS2 or 500E anywhere local to me. Considering I might have to resort to eBay.

We're having a real shortage again around here, and it sucks.

This just made my day.

I arranged time to sell a red FC3S to a dude. We agreed to have the dude pick up at my place. As I'm waiting for him doing some housework, I look out the window and see a red FC convertible parked outside. Great timing. Dude wants a toy car of his real car. So typical.

Alright, I put on my mask, step outside, and as I step outside revealing more of the street that my protruding garage was obscuring, there lies a Mk4 Supra. Dude standing outside, greets me. There's no one in that Supra.... "so the Supra dude's buying the FC?" I think to myself. My classified ad asks for $2 and change. Guy hands me a five because he doesn't carry change like most young lads. I happily accept the generous tip.

Guy takes the car over to the red convertible. A girl steps out of this one. Presents her the car. Eyes light up, the hands covering her mouth can't contain her excitement. She knew nothing of this apparently. I guess all he told her was that he was picking something up and to follow him to take a detour.

Apparently the FC she got a hold of wouldn't have been possible if the dude was a mechanic. Strategically speaking, I should go date a mechanic myself 😂
Great story! 🙂
One of the quirky things when one gets into collectibles is the odd stories that come out of it.

As for people who like getting a model car of the real car they have - I am very familiar with this - I have a habit (mentioned in here before, of course) of giving people a HW or MBX model of the car they drive. It just amuses me no end about how thrilled they get. 😂

BMW%2BM3%2BGT2%2B%25282021%2BRace%2BDay%2529.jpg

Subaru%2BWRX%2BSTI%2B%25282021%2BSpeed%2BGraphics%2529.jpg

I have all this lighting gear for photos, but I still find myself coming back to using a dollar-store tealight for my Hot Wheels photos. This will get the detailing works, and maybe a change of wheels too.

It just amuses me no end about how thrilled they get. 😂

First of all, thank you! Secondly. I've watched other videos where they put a Hot Wheels on someone's wiper, and watch secretly for when they return from shopping or whatever. Non-collectors literally jump for joy not knowing such a thing exists.

Last edited:
That's a little disappointing to hear. Was rather interested in getting a WRC Yaris model and considered the Tomica Premium one.

Local stores have been barren for what feels like months, especially the local Walmart. Target at least refreshed with the L case cars, but I only found these two.
213285144_10226791482552525_5402657930746100635_n.jpg

Also Lamley posted a preview of some upcoming Mitsubishi car culture castings.
202485573_4237095449669745_5005148515694440160_n.jpg

Back