1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
VXR
Nice!

Shame the Evo is a regular GSR and not a Tommi. Was hoping for a Tommi rep in the car culture series.
TME would be cool, but I feel like that'd kind of limit them on future releases. At least a GSR gives them the ability to do different colors or liveries.

FB_IMG_16257315175103412.jpg
FB_IMG_16257315143626012.jpg

Oh yeah new TLVNs.

This has to be the most accurate 1:64 scale car I've ever seen. It looks like a 1:43 scale car. I pre-ordered it in red immediately after seeing it on Instagram yesterday morning.
I want to pre order it too but I still don't know which want I want. Either the P400 or the SV.

Just got these two earlier today:

03297721-CC5E-4C5B-A059-0D9C6882597A.jpeg

A quick verdict: Both are very good releases, but the Maroon 911S’ headlights and their housings are a little bit loose, which is a problem the orange 911 curiously doesn’t have. It’s probably due to some excess plastic blocking the headlight from slotting fully into the space, but it’s not really a problem. The 911S also has metallic flakes in its exterior paintwork, which are a bit too dense for my liking, although different people may have different reception to it. Both these things knock the 911S down a notch to slightly below its orange sibling, despite the 911S having a more appealing exterior/interior combo on paper, if I were to rate them. Overall they’re still very high-quality releases that offer excellent value-for-money, even more so if you consider TLV’s recent models’ pricing.

Oh, and if you’re worried about having to assemble the side mirrors with glue yourself, one thing I can tell you is that they come pre-assembled on the car. Yes, I’m equally (and pleasantly) surprised as well when I opened the box. :lol:

Still on the fence with this one. I like it, but I’m not quite sure I like it enough to pay 70 USD for it. 😕

Years ago I had a couple hundred 1:64 Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Johnny Lightning cars. I sold some and gave the rest (a medium-sized storage container full) to my 2 nephews.

I think I have maybe 2. I know 1 is the BTTF Delorean. The other is a truck of some kind. I might have 1 or 2 more, somewhere in a box.

Just when I thought I could rest easy & not be out hunting, someone posts another Ford Lightning truck. :indiff: Better get out my butterfly net again. :lol:

On my list of must haves are:
  1. 3000GT
  2. Tesla Model X
  3. Tesla Model Y
  4. Tesla Roadster
  5. Kia Seltos
  6. New Z
  7. Subaru BRAT
  8. Nissan Hardbody recolors
1627197436099.png

1627197514741.png

Last edited:
Just found them at Walmart so I picked up the Senna. Had already purchased the Lambo from eBay, go figure.

I'm going to relay the funds from selling my extra set of the drift cars (whenever my box arrives) to reserving a box of these.
Walmart has been dead in my area for months. Any time they do restock, they're wiped clean within days. I need to check them more often, but it becomes very disappointing when the shelves are almost always empty. Target has been a little bit more lucky for me for hunting.

Honestly never considered buying a box for a set, but the Modern Classics set is very tempting.

Also, T-Hunted just showed the next F&F premium set. I do like the Charger widebody.

Honestly never considered buying a box for a set, but the Modern Classics set is very tempting.

Usually around $70 USD for a box but as I said each box comes with 2 sets so if you only need one you can sell the other and make some back.

Also, T-Hunted just showed the next F&F premium set. I do like the Charger widebody.
Another box I'll have to buy...

Some of those Matchbox are a true renaissance to their best eras. Wow for the variety and execution on the Nismo and the new Defender.

Back