1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,418 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I had to stop by a different Walmart on my way home today & just happened by the toy area. They only had a drift Dodge Charger & 2 white Dodge Stealth AutoWorld cars. That's it!

Are BRR Models that expensive?
Yes they are but from what I've read, these 1:64's will be like Mini GT's in terms of construction (diecast with rolling wheels) and will not have a base. That in itself will make the models cheaper to produce.

Yes they are but from what I've read, these 1:64's will be like Mini GT's in terms of construction (diecast with rolling wheels) and will not have a base. That in itself will make the models cheaper to produce.
How's the quality from this brand?

AVvXsEg3zWxF9P89kfdrE0aeFmGbi_F8FLkSHr9YAeWW-xFU4Uez1oJVQDJ7amSn34ApkGissxcCk7eHwZYIS8GaIPdEUO2TSyLaaHFdZimhphNNT2jHlbRun6ehDIPpxxWm0QGsRsmMopvBPkv3-RLSoSvLkRblofk2n_uI1FOqAVxINM8GDyBF-DPLLTB3mA=s600

This is a 2021 release, branded "60th anniversary - Best of UK series"....
yet it appears to be entirely identical to the 2008 Heritage Classics release: paint, wheels, chrome, window tint colour, and potentially the interior piece. I'll confirm it once I pull out the 2008 release. They had a 2021 release on the Exige which I passed up even though it was in dark green. It looked like the effort wasn't all there being all green with no tampos printed for the lights.... This may also be a lousy effort as well, but a part of me is hoping SOMETHING is different, which is why I didn't uncard it yet.

Took some large photos to document it, but sad to say even with the slightly different font for the plate number, I find it difficult to see this as anymore than lousy effort:

AVvXsEiVnXUNQvsRZrd-TG-0A7QYqUtXLpN5cDPo6_J_G-eQBHA4IXfqjqA4RH6gWHYA2q-1iJpDM1_dE8YCj2dw6Rl_ePtsTpQ-NEcCkRp1xaW3NSmHLUbX8123Qu-Ltu2WopFa4275N7XSnaHUYlxZ9KxJmv4m2Y6cMcfHkDG8lAK-HTv6hVaQvmVx8zOzAw=s5000

Are BRR Models that expensive?

BBR models in the 1/18 world are expensive because they just decided to be. I have a Ferrari 488 GTE that retailed at over $500 when a Looksmart model of the same car with very similar quality retailed around 60% of that price. That being said, this is the one only example I can give and it is purely based on this one Ferrari.

I think it's safer to expect MINI GT quality with a "BBR" name plastered for the marked up prices. So tread carefully and don't get sucked into the "only 99 made!" gacha.

Last edited:
I just want a 64 scale Giulia that isn't a Matchbox or Majorette. Hopefully it looks good.

Screenshot_20220103_095427.jpg

I really can't wait for this set. The Deutschland Design set has been a banger since last year.

My local Walmart got more mainline cars in. Walked in to find most of them strewn all over the place. 🙄 Didn't buy anything but I made sure to clean up someone else's mess. Can't stand people. They also got some of the Mercedes box sets, 2 of them were sitting there. And a crap load of the Matchbox Trucks series that had the black Nissan Hardbody, red El Camino, etc.

Got my Toyota sets. Anyone want the extras? Speak now or ebay gets them. 🙃

View attachment 1103791
Still available? Considering how bad our stores have been, I'd consider getting your extra. I got one whole set from a friend, but I still like to have two of each for one to open. Already have seconds of the pickup and Land Cruiser.

Sorry I didn't grab any of those Boulevards for you when I saw them. Stores of course have been ransacked since.

I cancelled my pre-order of the GTE variant because I wasn't confident in the release date. I can't be bothered pre-ordering MINI GT's anymore because they're ALWAYS delayed.
Never ever pre-order MINI GTs. Period. They never meet their release deadlines because of a huge backlog of their upcoming releases, and some are cancelled due to licensing issues.

Hype first, produce much later. :lol:

Anyhow, here's the GT500. Also a beauty.

IMG20220108131408.jpg
IMG20220108131425.jpg
IMG20220108131435.jpg
IMG20220108131444.jpg

A few Mini GT stuff arrives.

IMG_20220115_133924.jpg

This thing is TINY, I can't imagine how tiny the MX5 will be. Nice detail but the QC is a bit a downer on this one.

IMG_20220115_132601.jpg

Finally got the GTLM and MK II. They nailed these castings.

Last edited:
AVvXsEiNhC2pDNWtclnprKe2hybzwKWejRRNRr3jjBSkDkSVxBWyaSYd8G20i3m8pe4nW9lT2GG2L3YZRnVUfC-yvmvofR1aitPDjmRcXyQm-UZQk6h0MBdep6lG0CZJ0M68Yz_fd8YVWpN5ZfG1ngi-Hg3s_9fAvVovG6jItcYTYcp5YRaDrecT6f0-RIam1g=s700

I have a soft spot for flat-shaped roadsters.

There was a 1/18 version of this I missed because of how exclusive it was to get a hold of. I'm glad I didn't find it because I probably would've been willing to spend way too much money for it.

Last edited:
Back