1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Picsart_22-02-03_22-12-07-671.jpg

Playing around with PicsArt. Trying to do a burnout pic but it ended look like drifting lol

Screw the car park, a buy one get one free offer is something that I cannot turn down considering how expensive these models are.

You do have to buy the set in order to get the BOGO deal if I can still read correctly. Also yes you should buy a bunch otherwise you're paying way too much for shipping from this site.

Our discount supermarkets have had Hot Wheels this week (Aldi and Lidl a few days later).

Finally found a Cybertruck to give to my boss and a Sierra Cosworth. Didn't find the Super BMW CSL, but did get the regular TH Quick Bite.

Thinking about selling my entire collection. Collecting is just not what it used to be, the market is terrible these days with hoarders and scalpers making it near impossible to find anything. And I just need to stop spending money on things that sit in a display and I get no use out of them.

Been thinking the same thing R. There will inevitably be some collection of one model that I won't get rid of, but the bulk really needs to go. I can consider myself lucky to have gotten some of the cars when I did, before the hoarding & store shortages began.

Normal behaviour from my point of view. Besides some very very special models everything is for sale. And with the right amount of cash even the most special parts of my collection are for sale. Space is limited and there are always new wishes to be financed :cheers:

Thinking about selling my entire collection. Collecting is just not what it used to be, the market is terrible these days with hoarders and scalpers making it near impossible to find anything. And I just need to stop spending money on things that sit in a display and I get no use out of them.
Agree, I've been selling almost all of my Hot Wheels collections since most of them are products of my spending addiction.

I'm going to have to stop following diecast related social media accounts 😅

I've found that once I stopped collecting Hot Wheels, it became so much easier to control my spending on diecast cars. Hot Wheels are the culprit since they are the cheapest lol

Haven't really taken that much time to go out to stores anymore for diecast hunting. Heck, I never once saw the Toyota Car Culture set in stores when I've checked, but lucky that @R1600Turbo helped out with that. Honestly feeling the same way with collecting Hot Wheels lately and kind of frustrated with how difficult it is to find cars. I swear just about any time I visit a store, any licensed car is gone and all that's left is fantasy cars.

Yesterday I managed to find a few F case cars, but every store that had a hint of that case, never had the Nissan Z Proto.... On the other hand, I did manage to find my first ever Ultra Red Autoworld in the wild at a Walmart half an hour away from my apartment. Then had the bad luck of my brother hitting a pothole on the way out and breaking a wheel, losing air with no spare tire or repair kit to help.
277246801_10228390467206142_74200405394162107_n.jpg

Edit, I seriously want the ST205 GT-Four from the upcoming Car Cultures set...

Last edited:

I was thinking about doing the same this morning. I've been interested in the prospects of grabbing a second car, and while selling everything I have won't put much of a dent in the cost of a 1:1, it is a lifestyle choice of not hanging on to everything I have.

I can certainly agree that collecting has only been getting worse over time and finding myself questioning reasons to keep going. I still find it a "cheaper" alternative to collecting 1:1 real cars, but the money spent on models definitely could have been used for something functional. Whilst I don't think I plan to give it up entirely, I think I'll just "slow" down my collection and maybe try to focus on premium 1/64s and larger scale.

It has felt like a depressing waste of fuel and time to go out to stores and find them ransacked, so I finally caved and pre-ordered HW for the first time. Trying A&J Toys which seems legit? So far just did the new German Car Culture set, but I definitely want to get the Mountain Drifters Car Culture set as soon as preorders open. (anyone know where?) I feel like the only car I really care for 2022 is the Celica GT-Four ST205, maybe I'll take a break after getting my hands on that.

Back