1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,408 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Wow, new wave of US Tomicas are out? What else is in that set?

I see Wave 5 on their website, but it only says Suzuki Escudo, CX-5 Police, Town Ace Hamburger car, and Crown Comfort Taxi. Which I haven't seen in stores yet. Then again, I haven't checked in a while. Don't see anything about a Land Cruiser 70 or HiMedic.
https://us.tomy.com/tomica
Haven’t seen it on this website.

All things considered I probably shouldn't be blowing £50 on toy cars right now, but Japan Booster just listed the Lancer RS's and a Buy It Now soon ensued.

With not a lot else on the diecast horizon that tickles my fancy and the usual local slump in HW supply (still not found 22B or 850) these might be my last 1/64 buys for a while.

I made a little set above cooker too, to mess about with as I'm cooking, well done food that is!!
20200405_115418.jpg

Im hoping my starsky and hutch ford torino arrives tomorrow.
20200404_144107.jpg

Last edited:
I really want a 1/64 general lee charger, a knight rider 1 firebird and a mad max yellow pursuit car.
Can only find hotwheels, Johnny lightning and ertl chargers.
Can only find hotwheels and airfix night riders.
Can only find Ace pursuit cars.
Hotwheels isn't good enough, air fix is plastic, the general Lee Johnny lightnings are mega money as is the ace pursuit cars from mad max.
Any advice very welcome.
Misses would kill me if I payed 100 for 2 cars lol
Thanks guys

Ok, was reminded today that TLV are doing the GT-R 50th Anniversary so perhaps the Lancers won't be my last purchase just yet...

Every time I tell myself that I'm not going to order anymore TLV's (combination of my waning interest and the Aussie dollar being so weak at the moment). They drag me right back in. This Mazda Porter is coming out in August and I just couldn't pass it up. The old school Bridgstone livery is too cool.

Damn them.

TOY-SCL3-16603.jpg

This just popped up in my YT feed. :eek: Brilliant. :bowdown: I imagined a lot when I played with the cars as a child, but never this. :lol:

As an aside, I have a couple of the Audi Quattro used in one of the races from way back. So that was a nice bonus to see too.

Off to watch some more, but they will have to be amazing to beat that. ;)

Last edited:
Every time I tell myself that I'm not going to order anymore TLV's (combination of my waning interest and the Aussie dollar being so weak at the moment). They drag me right back in. This Mazda Porter is coming out in August and I just couldn't pass it up. The old school Bridgstone livery is too cool.

Damn them.

TOY-SCL3-16603.jpg

This and the shop it matches are really tempting me to get back into this hobby but I have other things to spend money on. They're just so good.

This just popped up in my YT feed. :eek: Brilliant. :bowdown: I imagined a lot when I played with the cars as a child, but never this. :lol:

As an aside, I have a couple of the Audi Quattro used in one of the races from way back. So that was a nice bonus to see too.

Off to watch some more, but they will have to be amazing to beat that. ;)

In watching some of their earlier videos, I'm really curious to know how some of the cars will flip and how some won't.

This and the shop it matches are really tempting me to get back into this hobby but I have other things to spend money on. They're just so good.

Yeah, the Bridgstone shop might be the best looking one yet. I'd be more tempted by it if I didn't already one of their diorama's and was still really into collecting.

A small part of me wants it regardless though. :lol:

Anyone with Tomica collection, does your collection started to get paint chips even though you kept the car inside the box? I've found a few in mine, I rarely take it out of the box but the paint started to chip away :(

Anyone with Tomica collection, does your collection started to get paint chips even though you kept the car inside the box? I've found a few in mine, I rarely take it out of the box but the paint started to chip away :(
Dont know about specific makes but my brand new greenlight 1/64 vanishing point dodge challenger had 2 chips that I had to touch in.
From box

As I'm new to collecting and live in Wales I'd love to know from you American and elsewhere people, I'm looking at winners cirlce nascar models, wondering how good they are, if I bought a 1/64 dale earnhardt to go with my greenlight muscle cars, would they look toy? Compared to greenlights.
Cant find out the box close ups.
Thanks

Well, the store nearby my home that sells Tomicas now has the TLV FC3S and Skyline R32 sedans. Then the other store accepts preorders for the TLV Ferrari F355.

Just waiting for the quarantine to finish...

Damn. :crazy:

What Tomica line is that. Premium? TLV? I've never noticed any paint issues but then again most of mine haven't been out of their boxes since I bought them.

Damn. :crazy:

What Tomica line is that. Premium? TLV? I've never noticed any paint issues but then again most of mine haven't been out of their boxes since I bought them.

Hello fellow diehard diecast collectors. I thought I’d ‘chip’ in to this discussion. I’ve not seen any paint chips on my Tomica’s. However, a lot of my TLVs have paint rash. This is a known problem with TLV.

At first I thought it was just some of the older releases that had them. Some of my prized TLVs (Silhouettes) bought long after they were released have very bad paint rash. But during my packing a while back and looking at all of my cars, even newer releases have them. The Lancia Delta is one that comes to mind.

TLV collectors should have a good look at their collection. It might be upsetting to see...

When my brother's co-worker brought some regular Tomicas back from Japan, the Z4 had some very annoying chips on the spoiler/trunk. It was still wrapped in it's new plastic. Had another one with the paint chipped off the wheel.

Back