1000m Sprint Time Challenge

• Thread starter mt00
  • 275 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I present for your viewing.....a sub 14sec Spec-C run. :)

Time in Black & White - 13.981sec
1001147ih4.th.jpg

At the Finish Line - 386km/h
1001148ha4.th.jpg

Quite simple, once I sorted the gearing, and it's got a fair bit more in it....but I doubt 13.4's or anything will be achievable. :) Suspension got me down to 14.03's then once I reset the gearing my I got that time on my 4th run. 7.817sec 1/4mile in that run too.

Mafs!!

Well, I must be killing you on the top end of the track.

My 13 second run was an 8-flat at the 1/4.

So if we got it to launch and go like your setup does through the 1/4.. And to pull as hard up high as mine...

Bye-bye Skyline times.

I've done 14.04's with a 7.95 1/4 with the circuit ratios with a lengthened 6th gear RJ, but the thing is it tops out too easily....I was in 6th gear@8000rpm with that setup and at 383km/h. This one as you can see from the picture has me still in 5th. :) Plenty of room to fiddle around there. :D

Mafs!!

I've done 14.04's with a 7.95 1/4 with the circuit ratios with a lengthened 6th gear RJ, but the thing is it tops out too easily....I was in 6th gear@8000rpm with that setup and at 383km/h. This one as you can see from the picture has me still in 5th. :) Plenty of room to fiddle around there. :D

Mafs!!

Good Job Mafs 👍 congrats 👍

I-Runner

Awww, thanks I-Runner....but you quoted the slow times. lol. :)

Me about 6 posts ago
I present for your viewing.....a sub 14sec Spec-C run.

7.817sec 1/4mile in that run too.

A lot better than 7.95 1/4's & 14.04's my friend. :)

Holdenboy....I can't tick it off yet, it's not that much faster than RJ's (.018 at that speed is about a guard infront), give him 10 minutes more of tuning for some quicker launches and I reckon he would have it back quicksmart. 👍

RJ, 403km/h!? And I've got 0.2 on you on the 1/4?! I'll swap my 1st & 2nd gear setting for your 5th & 6th. lol. :D

Mafs!!

A lot better than 7.95 1/4's & 14.04's my friend. :)

Holdenboy....I can't tick it off yet, it's not that much faster than RJ's (.018 at that speed is about a guard infront), give him 10 minutes more of tuning for some quicker launches and I reckon he would have it back quicksmart. 👍

RJ, 403km/h!? And I've got 0.2 on you on the 1/4?! I'll swap my 1st & 2nd gear setting for your 5th & 6th. lol. :D

Mafs!!

I see you've made a small addition to no.4 anyway, and although Holdenboy isn't my name I take it as a compliment anyway because I love Holdens so much any association is fine by me.👍 Maybe I should try and actually begin getting my post up, once I find my quickest car.:)

it's a good time anyway ;)

i've just finished to make a few run with my Spec C .....

First .. 14.065 Second .. 14.11x Third ...

I-R

I present for your viewing.....a sub 14sec Spec-C run. :)

1001147ih4.th.jpg

At the Finish Line - 386km/h
1001148ha4.th.jpg

You need to post the full size screens please, then I will add them 👍

Well done I-Runner, I will add you at the same time :D

You need to post the full size screens please, then I will add them 👍

Well done I-Runner, I will add you at the same time :D

I knew I should've provided a seperate URL link like the 1st time. Ohwell, you (and I-Runner by way of his faster time) have just given me incentive to go quicker. :P I'll do that later tonight my time as I have a poker tournament in a couple of hours and I'd rather prepare for that at the moment.

Mafs!!

I'm surprised no one has else besides us hasn't cracked off a 12 sec run. (not knocking anyone, I'm just surprised we've lasted so long is all.) :)

I still think there's an 11 in there somewhere....👍 Maybe it's time to start playing again.

The only reason I'm not in the 12s yet.....

I just don't want to use the Escudo or Minolta. :) Maybe that will change next week, but until then when my son goes to bed tonight I'm going to tear up the Spec-C time some more. But here's something for the meantime:

Spec-C - 13.956@387km/h

Finish Line Speed

This time I hope they are accepted, I linked both this time to the full screen image. :)

Mafs!!

I'm surprised no one has else besides us hasn't cracked off a 12 sec run.
(not knocking anyone, I'm just surprised we've lasted so long is all.) :)

We are over 12.6xx ..and you think to go under 12 .. :)

I still think there's an 11 in there somewhere....👍

the only that i saw ..i think was or by codes or by wheeling !!
so no legit for this leaderboard!

Maybe it's time to start playing again.

You're welcome 👍 👍 👍

Well from my testing popping wheelies in the 1000m actually decreases your et's. :)

Well I'm going to fire it back up and see if there's an 11.99 in the Minolta somewhere... Just need to cut the perfect launch and 'peddle' dead on is all. Simple :lol:

Well, I took a small piece out of the Spec-C time and still room to improve, just got too tired last night to press any further and still be competitive. I'll upload the photos after work, but to pre-warn you, my new time stands at a not too shabby 13.902@388km/h.

I then played with the R89C, and I'm happy-ish....it just wants to wheelie trick on me by the 800m mark though so downforce playing will be needed but on my one and only run where I kept the wheels DOWN, I pulled a 13.374, so plenty of time to improve on that.

Mafs!!

You're preaching to the choir there Sally. :D See my FF tuning thread to see what I talked about how important launching was for an FF and the differences in ET from a better 60ft time and such.

I'd upload my Spec-C runs in this post, but my camera batteries have died and my wife misplaced the charger, so I have to wait until she's awake to find it. :dopey:

Mafs!!

My time's up there.....but I didn't do the time in the middle of May mt00. :) Just to let ya know. ;)

Mafs!!

👍 Awesome man, and the .500 looks so much nicer on the board eh? :D

I know there's high 11's in there somewhere. I'll be getting back on it soon. :)

👍 Awesome man, and the .500 looks so much nicer on the board eh? :D

👍

Yesterday i repeated that time ... with a different setup ...:eek:

I know there's high 11's in there somewhere. I'll be getting back on it soon. :)[/quote]

At the moment i'm too far from the Goal ..... :guilty:

Ciao
I-R

For the people of the
1000m Sprint challenge

Merry christams to all
👍

Robert (I-Runner)

Guys, I have the WORLD'S SECOND QUICKEST SUBARU SPEC C!

And it's repeatable. 13.875 and 13.876. Back to back.

Will have proof in next few hours. WILL. Not might, WILL.

EDIT: This is the best I can do. The action shots are from the 13.876 run.

Sorry about the proof pic being off a good bit; my camera (20 dollar special that I just got working again) aims up and right, and I overcorrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back