2004 GT4 SEMA Show

  • Thread starter Thread starter Solid Lifters
  • 117 comments
  • 8,135 views
PhatFat
Looks nice do you have any specs?


[edit] by the way for those haven't seen it here is Jay Lenos 1000hp Tornado

1.jpg

I think this a4 had a little over 300awhp from simple turbo/chip/full exhaust and suspension mods im pretty sure was bilistien shocks and eibachs all around.

Speaking of GTO......................

Type: V8
Displacement cu in (cc): 389 (6372)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 575(429) / 6800
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 500(678) / 5200
Redline at RPM: 7000
oops almost forgot the pics
 

Attachments

  • gtoramair604_01.jpg
    gtoramair604_01.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 34
  • gtoramair604_02.jpg
    gtoramair604_02.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 23
bah, the HPA R32 is boring. There's nothing special about it. It's just a souped up R32 without any body mods or whatsoever. It might be fast, but that's what the tuning shop in GT is for.
 
Dev_Zero
bah, the HPA R32 is boring. There's nothing special about it. It's just a souped up R32 without any body mods or whatsoever. It might be fast, but that's what the tuning shop in GT is for.
I particularly like this one, because for me it's the best allround car nowadays:

- it's compact, so there's no problem to find some space to park it
- it has enough space to transport a tv or a fridge if you need to
- you can carry four (or even five) people without them being uncomfortable
- it doesn't need too much fuel (20 mpg) compared to the power
- it's good value for money (find something quicker for the same money)
- you can blow away most of the cars on the road today
- it doesn't look like you're showing off

So overall, it's kind of the perfect car for me.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
Agreed, *if* that HPA R32 is just straight from HPA. However, since it mentions a specific owner, and I can't dig up any pics, I'm going to assume he's done a couple other things to the exterior to make it a different prospect than simply turboing the ingame R32.

However, I'm disappointed something a bit less... common wasn't considered.
 
Well it's a US show, so for us skylines (especially GTR's) are not all that common.
 
xcsti
Any pics or info about the HPA R32?
Here's a gallery. And as it's the HPA homepage you should find some info as well.

EDIT: I found some info on a German website. HPA seems to be the Canadian part of the German tuner HGP where I knew this R32 from.

HGP homepage
Unser Vertriebspartner HPA Motorsport in Canada erreichte bei einer Messfahrt mit Motortrend eine Beschleunigung von 3,2s auf 100km/h mit Dunlop Supersport Race Reifen.
Translation: Our Canadian partner HPA Motorsport archieved an acceleration of 3.2 secs from 0-62 mph during a testdrive for Motortrend using Dunlop Supersport race tyres.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
so much for an over the top custom then, it looks damn near stock
 
Woops I thought it was the other R32, the skyline. Someone should have said Vdub.
 
stumpydino
so much for an over the top custom then, it looks damn near stock
Well that's the point and the quality I particularly like on this car. If it looked like in NFS, everybody would expect it to have such an amount of power. But this way you can just cruise through the city without anybody noticing you and blow somebody away if you need to when he doesn't expect it cause it looks so stock.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
the Interceptor
Well that's the point and the quality I particularly like on this car. If it looked like in NFS, everybody would expect it to have such an amount of power. But this way you can just cruise through the city without anybody noticing you and blow somebody away if you need to when he doesn't expect it cause it looks so stock.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
What good does that do in a videogame?!!! We can soup up any stock R32 to that performance, body mods aren't available in the game!!
 
Dev_Zero
What good does that do in a videogame?!!! We can soup up any stock R32 to that performance, body mods aren't available in the game!!
If you don't see the point of this car in GT4, where's the point of the Mines, the NISMOs and the Mugens then? They're nothing different from this R32.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
the Interceptor
If you don't see the point of this car in GT4, where's the point of the Mines, the NISMOs and the Mugens then? They're nothing different from this R32.

Cheers,
the Interceptor

I dont see the point of those either!!!!
 
the Interceptor
But this way you can just cruise through the city without anybody noticing you and blow somebody away if you need to when he doesn't expect it cause it looks so stock.

A sleeper.
 
The AI is hardly going to act surprised if your car is a sleeper...
 
What I was trying to say is that I like this car in reality (but I don't think I'll ever have the chance to drive it in real life), so I'd love to drive it in GT4. The point of cars like this is that they were modified for tested racetrack performance by one single company, and not nailed together by some kid getting the parts with the highest figures and the funkiest names on them.

Sure you can make it ride lower, have more power or look more special. But that misses the point the tuner had in mind:

there's a place for everything, and everything in it's place. No show, just performance ...

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
Sure that misses the point the tuner had in mind, but this adds nothing to the game really...
 
Dev_Zero
Sure that misses the point the tuner had in mind, but this adds nothing to the game really...
Well, I think it does, because you get to drive a car tuned by a professional tuner. Sure you can go, buy the stock car and tune it by yourself, but this is an already tuned car where every part fits. It's tuned for good performance and drivability, and what game should be better to make you feel that than Gran Turismo?

The NISMO 350Z, R-34 S-tune and R-tune for example do have lots of fans, not only in Japan. Sure you can go and make a similar car in the game, but still it's never going to be the same as driving the already modified R-tune.

Cheers,
the Interceptor
 
This is the kinda car they shoulda picked Crossfire drift car

DSC_1323.jpg
 
It's certainly possible that some cars that were at SEMA could still be in the game. Since Jay Leno's tank car made it in, his Toronado could as well (which, after research, is indeed 1070hp to the REAR wheels), as well as the Crossfire SRT-6 Drifter.
 
I guess there were probably some better cars to choose from lookswise, but i personally do like the R32....and one that does 0-60 in 3 seconds, that's awesome for me.
 
out of all the great cars there they chose a golf, it may be a fast golf but its still a golf. woopdeedoo. and its gonna look ever so slightly different to stock, as with all the tuner cars in gt3 you could prob tune a stock to be faster anyway. what would have been better would be a custom car that didnt have another version of it like bu wicked, there wont be your version next to it that is much faster and would use instead.
 
That cross fire is so lovely! I can't wait to try out the toronado on a drag strip
 
Remember that they only have a couple of weeks to model the winning car for the game. (arn't they supposed to take a month each?) Perhaps it's no co-incidence that the winner is largely based on a model that is already in the game.
 
trEVO
Remember that they only have a couple of weeks to model the winning car for the game. (arn't they supposed to take a month each?) Perhaps it's no co-incidence that the winner is largely based on a model that is already in the game.
No. More like three days tops. If it took 1 month, geez. 650 cars X one month = no wonder GT4 is taking so damn long!
 
Since people like suggesting crap to me, allow me to suggest. Specify what "R32" you're talking about. Are you talking about an R32 Skyline or an R32 Golf? I'm surprised Nissan isn't making lawsuits over naming conflicts. So you know, just put in "R32 Golf" or something like that next time so we don't get confused.

Having said that, I've seen a nice number of nice machinery. And CobraGT, I will admit, that Crossfire drifter is certainly a nice machine. I don't know if it was featured at SEMA, but on "WindTunnel with Dave Despain," import drag star Stephen Papadakis has a Honda S2000 Drift Car. It was pretty nice as well. McLaren'sAngel digs the tuned new Mustangs, and allow me to follow suit. I think the rear lights of the new Mustang could have been horizontally thinned just a little bit for a smashing (good) look. I can't remember much else, but it's a good show as always. Us GT-heads are going to ride in that sick Buick GNX, and we're going to love riding that joker. You dig, players?
 
Back