2007-08 NBA Season

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 154 comments
Future Heat forward, Michael Beasley, playing on ESPN right now... :P
He's one of the players who's expected to go top-3 in this year's draft, huh?

I actually wanna see Heat start kicking some a$$ right now, screw the lottery. I've said it before, but I love Marion, and I love Wade. I'd be pretty excited, if I was a Heat fan right about now......

He's one of the players who's expected to go top-3 in this year's draft, huh?

I actually wanna see Heat start kicking some a$$ right now, screw the lottery. I've said it before, but I love Marion, and I love Wade. I'd be pretty excited, if I was a Heat fan right about now......

Ah, i wouldn't mind that either, but Wade is just not 100% and hasn't been all season. In fact, i don't think he's dunked more than 20 times all year. Also no where near enough time for Marion and Banks to meld into the team's chemistry. Not that there has been any. :rolleyes:

Hey you wanna do Ricky for James Jones? :D

Is this the most active season ever, trade-wise?

KG moved, Pau moved, Shaq moved, Marion moved, and now Kidd moved?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50844/20080213/sources_kidd_traded_to_dallas/
I thought that deal went down..... until I heard the players involved in that trade, still playing against the Blazers on the radio this evening.

From what I've heard, that no talent a$$ clown, Devean George had a no-trade clause in his contract, and he exercised it. Devean: You are nobody. Stop being so selfish, and move aside. :rolleyes:

Yeah i read about that today, damn. This really can't make the FO very happy.

Why did they give him a no-trade clause in the first place?

Yeah i read about that today, damn. This really can't make the FO very happy.

Why did they give him a no-trade clause in the first place?
From what I've overheard, this "no-trade clause" is more of a technicality that can be used to same effect, and it's commonly found in contracts with opt-out clauses.

George should have just manned-up, and taken it like a man. He's a nobody, and nobody cares what he thinks. My boss did tell me that he thinks George is just trying to haggle for a contract buyout, which would put some extra cash in George and his agent's pocket. Go to hell, Devean George and his agent.

:D

Haha.

In other news, i really hope the Heat can trade their top-3 pick for a lower pick (a Hasheem Thabeet, Jerryd Bayless, Roy Hibbert, or Kevin Love) and a veteran.

Anybody else not really care about the Rookie/Sophomore game tongith? a6m5 i figure you'll watch it for Brandon Roy, but to me there really aren't any exciting rookies this year.

Anybody else not really care about the Rookie/Sophomore game tongith? a6m5 i figure you'll watch it for Brandon Roy, but to me there really aren't any exciting rookies this year.
I usually hate that stuff, but I was glad for Brandon Roy, you bet. Especially in the All Star game. Local paper reported that Roy got the most minutes out of the Western team. 👍 I also heard today that when the coach tried to put A.I. back in for Roy, A.I. was like "what the hell for!?". :lol: Sounds like the guys were really cool to him, and I'm glad about that.

And what is this swapping of picks that you speak of? :confused:
JCE
Dirk + Kidd + Howard + Jerry + 5th player = ring
My impression is that Mavs missed their window(for the Championship), but this trade definitely helps. West is just so unbelievably competitive though, to be honest, I'd be really surprised if the Mavs make it out of the Western Conference. Of course, I haven't seen Kidd and Dirk play together yet, so they have plenty of time to prove me wrong. :)

But aren't we supposed to lose Jerry if we get Kidd?

I honestly thought it could have been a good trade had George not brought up his contract.
They pulled the trade off without involving George or Stack. I think they substituted with Keith Van Horn(wasn't he retired or something?) and Trenton Hassell.

They pulled the trade off without involving George or Stack. I think they substituted with Keith Van Horn(wasn't he retired or something?) and Trenton Hassell.

So, what exactly did we & they get? All I can find are news that the trade was off due to George.

So, what exactly did we & they get? All I can find are news that the trade was off due to George.
Dallas gets:
Jason Kidd
Antoine Wright
Malik Allen

Nets get:
Devin Harris
Maurice Ager
That Diop guy
Trenton Hassell
Keith Van Horn

1st round pick in '08 & '10 + $3 million

That's how I read it.
JCE
http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Kidd_trade_021908.html

We got off with a STEAL. Kept Terry, George, AND Stack? SCORE!
God, I was hoping you guys will spit in his face. :lol:

I usually hate that stuff, but I was glad for Brandon Roy, you bet. Especially in the All Star game. Local paper reported that Roy got the most minutes out of the Western team. 👍 I also heard today that when the coach tried to put A.I. back in for Roy, A.I. was like "what the hell for!?". :lol: Sounds like the guys were really cool to him, and I'm glad about that.

And what is this swapping of picks that you speak of? :confused:

Yeah, he did really well. He was their high scorer i think?

I'm talking about trading, say, our #3 pick for a #5-7 pick. That way we can draft someone who is actually in that latter part of the lottery and not overpay him.

JCE
We got off with a STEAL. Kept Terry, George, AND Stack? SCORE! Now as long as Van Horn never touches the court we = win.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the luxury tax now, because Dallas's cap is well over $90 million. You guys are still paying off Michael Finley, Shawn Bradley and DJ Mbenga. Now you gotta deal with Fazekas' $770k and the $3 million you owe New Jersey (if that money counts against the cap; i dunno).

You better hope this trade pans out, because even if you drop all 7 expiring contracts after this season, your team still costs ~$73 million. That's already $5-6 million over the luxury tax threshold.

Not bad. Diop's sort of showing his age...

26?

---

On another note, the Spurs just traded Francisco Elson, Brent Barry and a pick for Kurt Thomas. Pretty solid move.

For a 26 year old, he doesn't move a lot. I've seen guys who play his position be a lot more active. He just looks as if he's been around for a long time to me. All I'm saying.

Yeah he was drafted out of high school, so he might just have bad joints or something due to poor conditioning.

On another note, the Spurs just traded Francisco Elson, Brent Barry and a pick for Kurt Thomas. Pretty solid move.
Holy cow, I did not know that. I really like Elson. :ouch: I don't like the depth, or talent level of G/F position of the Spurs as it was, and now they thin it out even more? While I agree Thomas is pretty good, I'm gonna really miss Elson. He was a great role player.

I'm going to the Blazers - Sonics game tomorrow night. Maybe I'll see Elson in the Sonics uniform, eh? :D

Just to keep you guys updated...

The Denver Nuggets acquired Taurean Green from the Portland Trailblazers for Von Wafer.

The Detroit Pistons acquired Juan Dixon and cash from the Toronto Raptors for Primoz Brezec.

The Houston Rockets acquired Gerald Green from the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kirk Snyder, a future second round pick, and cash considerations.

In a three-team trade, the New Orleans Hornets acquired Bonzi Wells and Mike James. The Houston Rockets acquired Bobby Jackson, Adam Haluska, and the draft rights to Sergei Lishouk. The Memphis Grizzlies acquired Marcus Vinicius, the draft rights to Malick Badiane, and cash considerations.

The biggest trade of the day was between Cleveland, Chicago and Seattle:
Cleveland will receive Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, and a future second round pick from Chicago.

The Bulls will receive Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden as well as Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown.

Seattle will receive Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, and Adrian Griffin.

Just to keep you guys updated...

The Denver Nuggets acquired Taurean Green from the Portland Trailblazers for Von Wafer.

The Detroit Pistons acquired Juan Dixon and cash from the Toronto Raptors for Primoz Brezec.

The Houston Rockets acquired Gerald Green from the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kirk Snyder, a future second round pick, and cash considerations.

In a three-team trade, the New Orleans Hornets acquired Bonzi Wells and Mike James. The Houston Rockets acquired Bobby Jackson, Adam Haluska, and the draft rights to Sergei Lishouk. The Memphis Grizzlies acquired Marcus Vinicius, the draft rights to Malick Badiane, and cash considerations.

The biggest trade of the day was between Cleveland, Chicago and Seattle:
Cleveland will receive Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, and a future second round pick from Chicago.

The Bulls will receive Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden as well as Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown.

Seattle will receive Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, and Adrian Griffin.

Whoa i thought the Cleveland, Bulls, and Sonics trade was only just a report...did it actually go down?

That was pretty exciting. I'd be pretty excited, if I was a Cavs fan right about now. Let's hope Big Ben really isn't washed up yet. :D

At the Blazers-Sonics game Thursday, they showed the new guy Von Wafer on the jumbotron. They just introduced him as the "new Blazer", and I could not figure out how they added another player on the roster, as it is full(damn D-Miles). Only that night after I got home, I heard about all the trades, including our own. We are thin at 2, Denver is at 1, so I think the trade is beneficial to both teams. I see Green to be a career NBA backup point guard, maybe even a starter. He's a great kid, I'll be rooting for him.

P.S. The highlight from the game was not Durant, but another draftee of '07 NBA Draft: Greg Oden.

large_sp.blazers_3138.jpg

Oh my god. We were on the second level above the Blazer's bench, and he looked just like Mr-T, I'm not kidding. My buddy kept on telling me it was Oden, and I was like, "yeah, OK". :lol: I'd have paid to see 7-foot Mr-T on the floor in a Blazers uniform that night. :lol:

I'd like to think, it's so ugly, it's epic. :D

Did you guys see that Phoenix-Detroit game today? I stopped watching early in the third, but something tells me that Phoenix probably got blown out....

Holy Cow. You guys been keeping up with the Rockets? 19 wins in a row thus far. And what about 5 of those games without Yao? Anyways I’m just happy the Spurs are doing pretty well this year. We have never won a championship on an even number year. Would be nice to do it this year. Let’s see the Western conference standings #1 and #8 is only separated by like 6-7 games. Wow!

Yeah, the Western Conference is insanely competitive this year, and Rocket's success is just unbelievable. Rick Adelman still is a very popular and respected figure around here, so we are very happy for him. Yao thing was very unfortunate. I didn't care much for Yao, but I thought he finally started to show some solid effort this year, and it sucks that he's not going to be able to help his team into the Playoffs. :guilty:
We have never won a championship on an even number year.
I....... did not want to hear that.

Wow Just Wow 2 overtimes and its just game 1. If you havent heard. Michael Finley Hit a 3 at the end of game to send it in to overtime. And then Timmy D hit a 3 pointer to send it in to 2nd over time. At the end of 2nd OT Ginobili hit a game winner to give the spurs a 1-0 lead over the suns.

I haven't lost faith in my Rockets, but they'll head into Utah down 0-2. I guess my fear of the Rockets losing in a shutout would be like (a baseball analogy) my Astros trying to beat the White Sox in the 2005 World Series. Utah is just too good. The Rockets would have a tough Round One whether it was the Utah Jazz or the Phoenx Suns or the San Antonio Spurs or whoever.

Back