2008 Launch Thread

• Thread starter Lee
  • 458 comments
Ron Dennis
It is Lewis' birthday today, we've gone to a lot of trouble... He is 23, it is the MP4-23 and he will carry (number) 23 on the car, but that is more by accident than judgement I must say

:)

Apparantly the MP4-23 has a longer wheelbase than last year's car. If the Ferrari is longer, does that mean they've met in the middle or have they "swapped ends", as it were?

Ferrari stated they were gonna go with a shorter wheelbase, but I dont believe anything they say anymore.

You a anime fan like I am Jim? :D Sounds like it from what you just wrote. ;)

I pretty muck like the body design as well. Let's hope it preforms as good as it looks. :D

Yes: Anime fan. No, Dont' like the Ferrari. (or those overtechnical mecha. realistic Cars, Samurai, Small talking animals, and Ninja FTW.) I tried to sound sarcastic, but, apparently, it didnt' come out.

Kudos to McLaren: the design is clean, simple, and sexy.

i've noticed some small changes to the nose of the new McLaren. It's higher up and the curves have been straightened out and the tip of the nose is a bit more blunt and rounded, kind of 2006-Honda style, if ya get me ;)

other than that, can't see any differences. Apart from that and also the "Devil Horns" are gone from the top of the airbox, although that might just be for the launch. Who knows. :)

The nose got a more significant "spoon" in the middle.

And the Viking Horns have been absent for half a year - they were flow-conditioners for the rear wing, but halfway through 2007, they found a more effective wing which doesn't need them.

Also, moar rez!

621533_1109225_3328_4992_vodafone_mclaren_mercedes_mp4-23.jpg

Ferrari stated they were gonna go with a shorter wheelbase, but I dont believe anything they say anymore.

The F2008 has a shorter wheelbase than the F2007, but the difference is minute. Also, they did not change the length of the car, they just changed the position of the front wheels.

The nose got a more significant "spoon" in the middle.

And the Viking Horns have been absent for half a year - they were flow-conditioners for the rear wing, but halfway through 2007, they found a more effective wing which doesn't need them.

Also, moar rez!

Transformers FTW :-|

Just saw a link to this video on another site, thought I'd share it with you guys. Nothing much really happens but you get to see the F2008 in action.

F2008 on track at Fiorano (I'm not too sure how to use the YouTube tags so this is the next best thing:dunce:)

Pyrelli

You just need to wrap the last part of the URL, all the mumbo-jumbo after =. :)

Lol at the poll on Force India's website.

Which is your favourite team in 2008

Force India F1
Redbull Racing
Mercedes McLaren

Can't really see the 'Force coming out so well in that.

Edit: Whoops, shows what I know.

Force India F1
69%

Redbull Racing
9%

Mercedes McLaren
21%

Total votes=4408

Lol at the poll on Force India's website.

Which is your favourite team in 2008

Force India F1
Redbull Racing
Mercedes McLaren

Can't really see the 'Force coming out so well in that.

Edit: Whoops, shows what I know.

Force India F1
69%

Redbull Racing
9%

Mercedes McLaren
21%

Total votes=4408

Think about it though, why would RBR and Mclaren fans actually go on force indias site, only force india fans do hence the poll, or its rigged, for every mcmerc of red bull vote force india automatically get 3.

I can't imagine there being 4408 Farce India fans.

Asie from everyone in india who now follows F1:P

And Narain Karthikeyan/Christian Klien/Giancarlo Fisichella trying to get the most votes in to prove their love for the team so they can get the 2nd seat.

How can they be voted favorite? they have only had 2 practices and their drivers are unconfirmed!

More like 1.1 Billion. So they gotta have a fan here and there.

They are proud of anything Indian, there will be far more Force India fans than people think. putting my head on the line, but in some countries I can see them having some of the biggest fan bases...

I didnt think they would get rid of it. Wonder why they left it off at the launch.

just a thought , but it might be because of the sponsors on the car as without it you get a cleaner look and it won't distract you from the sponsor logos

Doesn't surprise me that the bridge wing has returned, I fully expected it to.

Latest Posts

Back