2008 Launch Thread

• Thread starter Lee
  • 458 comments
Oh god I nearly threw up.....:yuck: my worries about a Team Strepsil Honda Livery have come true........ run!

Strepsil-12's-(S).jpg

Looks similar... dont it!

It looks stupid without sponsorship, they would have done better to have it all black or something!

EPIC FAIL

Robin

Now Cracker's is something nice, but unfortunately Red/White is overused by now...

I was hoping for a BP Honda. This is worse, IMO, than the previous one.

It's not that it's eye-gougingly terrible. It's actually neat - just the last one was good, in photos.

From the front, though, it's rather pleasing.

Thats worse than before :yuck: - if they are planning on keeping the 'earth' theme they should tie it in better with the classic Honda (and Japan in general) white and red. I think they should duotone the earth into a red on red shades planet as a nod to the japanese flag.

marsdreams? :sly:

I actually prefer last years livery, I didn't think that would be possible. It would look much better if they replaced the white with black.

Alright then...

The rear wing looks outdated, though they have a midwing (at last? I don't think the RA07 had one), and that line in the middle looks interesting:

91474.jpg

But they have Bargeboards and a slit-winglet like Ferrari:

91491.jpg

While the front wing's endplates look simple and underdeveloped:

91479.jpg

And Renault's 2006 sidepods looked more streamlined and effective:

91467.jpg

But taper off heavily with some interesting winglets:

91468.jpg

91472.jpg

And doesn't it remind you of a shark?

91447.jpg

And the obligatory high-resolution pictures:

newhonda-A%20(3).jpg

newhonda-A%20(2).jpg

newhonda-A%20(1).jpg

I don't know. It looks too simple to do well, but maybe that's just what they need.

Maybe they are going with the idea that "Anything is better than 07?"

*cough*

Where they got the inspiration from....

Strepsil-12's-(S).jpg

Oh can I just ask, whats with those new little mesh oval air vents they have right on the nose on all the cars, is it to keep the drivers feet cool? A few years ago they didn't have them...

So that white car was really their new car? I tought it was their testing car, used to develop the new car...

I don't know, it looks outdated compared to the newer cars...I mean...other cars...I love the livery though, the colours used are magnificent, and the earth pcture is used much better then the last car :cheers:

Whether they'll perform or not, they'll at least have a nice livery to drive with :D

As much as I loved the myearthdream 2007 livery, I really thought it was only a one-year deal as it would be a financial black hole.

Apparently not, though. I like.

I have to say I like the design of the car, even if it does look like Honda have gone and taken all the best bits from other teams' cars and glued them all togehter with a few of their own ideas.
They raised 1.4 million. It is a financial black hole.
Are you ... being sarcastic? I have no idea how much your average F1 team earns through sponsorship.
They did have quiet sponsors, though, and will have this year.
Didn't they have some deal going where their partners could use the RA107 image?

EDIT: I've just noticed ... of all the teams to unveil their cars, Honda are the only ones running a dramatically new livery for 2008. I'd assume Renault are staying pretty much the same as last year given the photos we've seen of them out on-track and it's likely Toro Rosso will keep the cahraging bull motif (did I just say "motif"?). The only really new liveries we'll see are Aguri and Force India; he former only because they're having sponsor troubles and the latter because they're new. Hopefully Force India will come up with something oter than the rather bland burguny and whte interim stip they've been running ...

The new Honda livery has grown on me in the 2 hours I've seen it, however the sidepods still look very cut and paste for me.

I give you Honda RA108:

I kinda like the livery.
Well, at least 1 team is going with the car number on the side of their cars as well as on the front nose.:indiff: Anyone here think more teams will be doing the same thing?

You'd think the FIA would make it compulsory. I know teams colour one drive's missors/camera housing red or yellow, but I can never tell one form the other. Honda's numbering was the easiest way for me to tell their drivers apart last year so why shouldn't the teams do the same? (I'll tell you the answer: the side of the rear wing is more space for sponsorship which means more money.)

Are you ... being sarcastic? I have no idea how much your average F1 team earns through sponsorship.

I'm pretty sure Spyker didn't receive 50 millions from the failing roadcar business alone - and that McLaren didn't receive over 200 millions from Mercedes ;)

Not really. The major clue will be that one will be moving quickly.

I was about to say that. :lol:

Though, when they start lapping the Hondas...

I think Jordan should sue them for using his gtplanet typeface.

What, Arial?

In tha case, vBulletin will sue Jordan for bringing their software onto disrepute.

Microsoft will sue vBulletin for including the Arial font.

Disney will sue Microsoft because "Arial" sounds too much like "Ariel" as in The Little Mermaid.

The estate of Hans Christian Andersen will sue Disney because The Little Mermaid film was such a departure from the story.

We can therefore blame all of Honda's problems on a lack of budget brought about by Denmark.

Back