2008 Launch Thread

• Thread starter Lee
  • 458 comments
What, Arial?

In tha case, vBulletin will sue Jordan for bringing their software onto disrepute.

Microsoft will sue vBulletin for including the Arial font.

Disney will sue Microsoft because "Arial" sounds too much like "Ariel" as in The Little Mermaid.

The estate of Hans Christian Andersen will sue Disney because The Little Mermaid film was such a departure from the story.

We can therefore blame all of Honda's problems on a lack of budget brought about by Denmark.

Nice :)... but it's Tahoma :P

It's the R27, Version 3.11

r27vsr28cr3.gif

I see they really pushed the boat out with the livery change, I suppose it looks good (although the ing orange is :yuck:) like Mclaren so they keep it roughly the same..

Robin

Other than the front wing and the removal of the fins in front of the sidepod, i dont see much significant changes made to the R28

The mirrors returned from their adventures in sidepod country. The updated head-protection regs would've prevented any visibility.

I see they really pushed the boat out with the livery change, I suppose it looks good (although the ing orange is :yuck:) like Mclaren so they keep it roughly the same..

Robin
That's why I enjoy seeing new liveries: because it' easier to see the updated designs.

What, Arial?

In tha case, vBulletin will sue Jordan for bringing their software onto disrepute.

Microsoft will sue vBulletin for including the Arial font.

Disney will sue Microsoft because "Arial" sounds too much like "Ariel" as in The Little Mermaid.

The estate of Hans Christian Andersen will sue Disney because The Little Mermaid film was such a departure from the story.

We can therefore blame all of Honda's problems on a lack of budget brought about by Denmark.

Roo
Nice :)... but it's Tahoma :P

They're actually using Helvetica, you can tell because the lowercase t's aren't cut at the top like Arial. ;)

The mirrors returned from their adventures in sidepod country. The updated head-protection regs would've prevented any visibility.

But Ferrari is still using the same as they used last season, so it must be something else.

I liked the way the morning news reported on the Renault's unveiling, with former World Champion "Ferdinand Alzondo" in attendance ...

After Alonso stating that Renault need to find at least a second on McLaren and Ferrari, I found a perfect pic to edit...

AlonsoTesting.jpg

Williams livery leaked????

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/ne...ss/Leak-reveals-new-Williams-livery/view.html

Feb.1 (GMM) A new sponsor of the Williams team has apparently accidentally revealed the British team's tweaked livery for the 2008 season.

The Oxfordshire based outfit intended to make public its new paint job just prior to the Australian season opener, after opting against a formal launch for the FW30 single seater.

But on the website of the Dutch clothing company McGregor, a new sponsor of the Grove team in 2008, photographs of a Williams decked out in an updated new blue and white livery were posted on Thursday.

To the Dutch magazine Formule 1 Race Report, however, a team spokesman denied that the photos depict Williams' formerly-secret new livery for 2008.

The spokesman said the photos appear to date back to December, when the team were testing several potential liveries for the FW30.

What the photos do apparently depict, however, are the logos of a new team sponsor -- British jewellery firm Mappin and Webb, whose name appears prominently on the sidepods of the car in the leaked photos.

Interestingly, Mappin and Webb is owned by Baugur, the Icelandic investment group that is said to have recently bought a slice of the team that is owned by Sir Frank Williams and Patrick Head.

So I did some hunting and look what I found on the McGregor site... pretty sure that is Nakajima's helmet, livery is not the same as the FW29, or the recent testing liveries. However, the front wing doesnt look like the 30's, so what is this livery?

FW30livery.gif

EDIT: For two more Photos

williamsleak.jpg

williamsleak2.jpg

But Ferrari is still using the same as they used last season, so it must be something else.

Renault's old ones were far, far move laid-back. Ferrari's didn't have mirrors on the sidepod - they're not as low, nor as far back.

After Alonso stating that Renault need to find at least a second on McLaren and Ferrari, I found a perfect pic to edit...

*snip*

Genious. Pure genious :lol:

Williams livery leaked????

I like it. A lot. It's like the Aguri livery, in blue.

Red Bull. Gives you... Err, WTF?

91678.jpg

91679.jpg

91676.jpg

but its strange that there testing on saturday and sunday. I thought they mostly tested during the week and not the weekends.

OMGHAX, Honda has sold his soul ot the devil.

91699.jpg

Bah. He was only half a second behind... And there's a long way to go. When did Alonso become the laughingstock of F1?

Jeez, I need to get Ralf his seat back :P

91641.jpg

Alonslow: Whaddya mean you got to cut my hair to save weight? We aren't THAT slow! :nervous:

but its strange that there testing on saturday and sunday. I thought they mostly tested during the week and not the weekends.

OMGHAX, Honda has sold his soul ot the devil.

91699.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the Honda looks really sexy in this shot?

Back