2009 ADAC Zurich 24h (24h of Nürburgring)

I originally chose the Audi #100, but with it's demise on the first lap(although it dropped to 168th and 6laps down, it's now in 29th) I guess the #99 will get my support for the win.

Great I gave it the kiss of death :guilty:

Now I want the #1 Porsche to win :lol:

I think Manthey have probably got it in the bag now, I can't see the #99 car catching up. Hopefully it's only a puncture, but can't see it regaining any of that ground. :(

I think Manthey have probably got it in the bag now, I can't see the #99 car catching up. Hopefully it's only a puncture, but can't see it regaining any of that ground. :(

It was too close anyway, the Audi won't catch up unless the Porsche has a problem.

@GT4 Genius, the #97 is a little to far back to catch #1 getting second place wouldn't be inconceivable now though.

Something happened to the Audi #99. Someone knows what?

Nope, don't think anyone has a clue at the moment. People seem to think it might be a puncture though.

EDIT: @Stevisiov: Right, I suppose you never know whats going to happen in motorsports. It's shame as it was so close.

No, the car is pulled off the racetrack.
They try to repair it...

EDIT: That said one of the drivers of the #99.

:(. Well at least we can say the R8 has done well for such a new car..

EDIT: Apparently it could be the driveshaft

#2 is getting repaired in the PITS

Transmission, will take around 20 Minutes to fix!

EDIT: Yeah, so it looks like the Audi can take the 2nd place!

#2 is getting repaired in the PITS

Transmission, will take around 20 Minutes to fix!

EDIT: Yeah, so it looks like the Audi can take the 2nd place!

It also goes to show that the Mantai (sp?) cars aren't bullet proof either. The R8 was always the most likely to have a fault, given its only 5 months old, but there are many hours left, the race isn't over yet. Go #97.

The #2 car is a GT3 (SP9) car like the R8, too.

The #1 car is a RSR (modified GT2 -> SP7).
Let´s see what happens.

Yes your right, the #1 is probably much more suited to enduring 24 hours of punishment.

I just read that the Scirocco race car is front wheel drive. :eek: and they are ahead of a good number of Porsche GT3 and BMW's.

I just read that the Scirocco race car is front wheel drive. :eek: and they are ahead of a good number of Porsche GT3 and BMW's.

Didn´t you know that all Sciroccos are FWD?
Yeah, they are fast, (till now) reliable and don´t need too much pit stops for fueling. The fastest ones are driven by Professionals... And it is financed from a big manufacturer. Not like the Amateurs behind them ;)

The Scirocco is a "decendent" of the 2007 Golf V GTI race car that was a mixture of the Seat Leon Supercopa and the Seat Leon WTCC Racecar.

Didn´t you know that all Sciroccos are FWD?
Yeah, they are fast, (till now) reliable and don´t need too much pit stops for fueling. The fastest ones are driven by Professionals... And it is financed from a big manufacturer. Not like the Amateurs behind them ;)

The Scirocco is a "decendent" of the 2007 Golf V GTI race car that was a mixture of the Seat Leon Supercopa and the Seat Leon WTCC Racecar.

I thought they may have changed the powertrain to rwd for the race car version. I guess not.

I thought they may have changed the powertrain to rwd for the race car version. I guess not.

Yeah, but it what make it harder for the image of it, or?
I mean a rwd race version and you can only buy a fwd car. So you can´t compare it anymore with the normal car.
So the car is at least based on the normal street car.

EDIT: The #99 is driving again (Live Timing shows that... maybe just now in the pits??)

Yeah, but it what make it harder for the image of it, or?
I mean a rwd race version and you can only buy a fwd car. So you can´t compare it anymore with the normal car.
So the car is at least based on the normal street car.

Well the R8 is 4wd but the race car is rwd. :P

Of course that's to do with the regs, but cars are known to have there drivetrain layout changed for racing purposes.

Keep your ears open guys, ive sent a shoutout request:).

@Kutscher - The R8 is in the pits

Well the R8 is 4wd but the race car is rwd. :P

Of course that's to do with the regs, but cars are known to have there drivetrain layout changed for racing purposes.

Yes, that is right. I didn´t mean to offend you. And the Sciroccos are really fast and the race version with the little wings looks pretty good.

Edit: 1h till TV Broadcast is back online.

Don't worry, I'm not offended, I am banging on about them too much anyway.

I can't tell from the live timing, is the #2 Porsche going to beat the #97 Audi?

hm, I will try to explain:

right-click on the stream and then click on "Options" then deactivate the "Standardbuffer" and use the other option and write there 60 seconds in the field. Click "OK" and it should run smoother.

EDIT: Stevi is completely right on that.

Stevi, may I ask how old you are ?

Sorry for being such a dullard and all that, but I'm using the official stream and there's no way you can right click on it.

Back