2010 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

• Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 369 comments
Going to be a good battle... Advantage Webber, though... Button still doesn't seem completely comfortable in that car.

Hammy catching up with the top three. Turning in some great laps. That McLaren seems to get better as it gets lighter.

Or maybe it's just burning fuel faster... :lol:

Going to be a good battle... Advantage Webber, though... Button still doesn't seem completely comfortable in that car.

Hammy catching up with the top three. Turning in some great laps. That McLaren seems to get better as it gets lighter.

Or maybe it's just burning fuel faster... :lol:

he is still 12 seconds behind third.

Alonso closing Vettel.. Excitement starting to build.. Was hoping Webber to get Schumi earlier on, but I'm just hoping for 7th now. Anyone feel a small lump in the throat when Senna was getting out his car? Made me feel all funny.

-Spiran

He could conceivably be within five seconds by the end of the race.

Remember, he was held up an ungodly long time by Nico Rosberg. Hamilton is one of the few drivers who had the same pace as the top three in Qualifying... only to fall back quite a bit in Q3. If Nico hadn't pipped him in the first lap, he could have still been in that pack behind Vettel. He's actually going faster than all three front runners at the moment. Looks good for McLaren's chances this year.

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about no refuelling, seems to have pretty much made it so that your qualifying pace is equal or around about similar in position to your race pace apart from a few who have moved around a bit. The tactics with pit stops seems to be have as little as you can and no real actual strategy to it.

All in all its not really the battle at the front I was hoping for :( maybe it will get better towards the end. I hope it gets better as the season progresses as quite frankly this is boring.

No refueling removes the pace versus longevity strategy from F1. So you don't have ultra-heavy cars battling it out with ultra-light cars. takes away some of the overtaking and a lot of the drama.

I don't know why they thought it would make things better.

Absolutely fantastic lap from Alonso. These guys are pushing hard.

18 laps left. Hamilton down to 15.1 seconds behind Vettel. This is going to be interesting.

Vettel has engine problems!!!! Agh!!!!! Defend! Defend!!!!

Totally gutted... Vettel down to third. Remains to be seen if 14 laps is short enough time for Vettel to stay ahead of Hamilton... :grumpy:

Sucks to be Vettel.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised both HRT and Virgin are out. Guess Virgin just couldn't break that wall.:sly:

Vettel might still eke fourth out of this. Hamilton coming up quickly.

Alonso is really schooling Massa now... Massa easing off to preserve his engine, but Alonso really wants to make a point. Massa shouldn't ease off too much... Hamilton isn't that far behind.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Both Ferraris under 2 minutes now.

Hmmm... on the other hand, Hamilton might not want to risk pushing that hard...

Failed exhaust: Hope that's all it is, as going one engine down at the start of the season would suck.

Got him laps ago... the question now is if Vettel can stay ahead of Rosberg.

Webber needs to find an overtaking opportunity, the slipstreams totally negated by Schumi. I'm fantasising about a double overtake...

-Spiran

Mistake by Massa? Cameras focusing on Schumi-Button-Webber three-way... seems Alonso and Hamilton in P1 and P3 are in the 1:59s... Massa vacillating in and out. Hammy reported vibration issues, but he's going faster than Massa. Don't really think he has time to catch and pass, but he's definitely going to try to pressure Massa and upset his cruise-on-home strategy... :lol:

Vettel picking up pace... might stay ahead of Schumi, but still in trouble from Rosberg.

Last edited:
Having that Mercedes behind him is good for Vettel... dropped another half a second from his lap times! Might actually have enough in it to keep Rosberg behind him till the last lap! Holy crud! He got that thing back in the 2:00s! What a heroic drive in the infield! He's set a personal fastest there!

Random observation: fantastic seeing British racing green on an F1 car again.

Bravo Alonso! What a drive! What a win!

Second for Massa... what a nervous finish due to those aero problems. Hamilton third... Vettel salvages fourth with a heroic drive to stay ahead of Rosberg over the last four laps... he finishes the race parked on the grass. Rosberg and Schumacher follow up... great result for the returning champion... proves he can still race.

Great drive by Alonso and Ferrari. 1-2 to open the series is a truly great result. Gotta feel bad for Vettel though, in my opinion that was his race to win.

I must say though, in my opinion, a very uneventful race.

Great win for Alonso, Unlucky for Vettel though but great effort by Ferrari such a different story to what it was last year.

Good performance from Alonso, Massa and Ferrari, they are back where they belong.

Great job by Lotus as well.

Great one-two start by Ferrari but obiviously nothing is done for the championship, poor Vettel very unlucky he had the race in his hands... damn exhaust! He also did a great job keeping back Rosberg 👍

Back