2010 Korean Grand Prix

Surprising. I wonder if they were just testing some things out and in the next practice will be able to sort out his aerodynamics
They usually are. FP1 and FP2 will tell you who is fast, but only in a general sense. Teams tend to alternate their drivers' testing programs with one heavy and one light in each session. Other - like Ferrari - seems to like to run both heavy in FP1 and both light in FP2. It won't be until the third practice session that we start get get an accurate sense of who is where.

I always found it funny how Senna wasn't a champion at the time of the photo (1986 Portugese GP), although they had all won races that year at the time of the shutter release (eventually Gerhard Berger would join them).
Because it's not a photo of all the champions on the grid - it's a photo of all the championship contenders at the time.

Since I'm no good at maths, I was wondering how close is Red Bull to clinching the constructors' title points wise (the gap to McLaren now being 45 pts)? :dunce:

Hell of a final turn. Excellent stuff.

I bet there is going to be a massive crash on that turn.

On the topic of the safety car losing it under breaking from the dust, did anyone notice how during the practice, the cars would come back to the pits and you could see a grey layer of dust on the tires? They need to take care of that.

Even if it's only practice, nice driving from Kubica! 👍 Looking forward to the qualifying.

And Alonso is up to his usual antics...:lol:

Even if it's only practice, nice driving from Kubica! 👍 Looking forward to the qualifying.

And Alonso is up to his usual antics...:lol:

I have a feeling he could very well bag pole (or at least be on the front of the grid along side Lewis). I think in Practice 1 & 2 (not sure about 3) Ferrari were doing their best to preserve the engine so I believe they may pull a bit more out of the bag for Qualy.

Should be another interesting qualy session, as the top 4 were incredibly close in Practice 3 - don't know why Vettel was lagging so far behind though (maybe they are trying to maximize their race setup) :odd:

I have a feeling he could very well bag pole (or at least be on the front of the grid along side Lewis). I think in Practice 1 & 2 (not sure about 3) Ferrari were doing their best to preserve the engine so I believe they may pull a bit more out of the bag for Qualy.

Should be another interesting qualy session, as the top 4 were incredibly close in Practice 3 - don't know why Vettel was lagging so far behind though (maybe they are trying to maximize their race setup) :odd:

I thought that was weird also. I always thought that on a new track the drivers would push to see what the best line is to learn the track better. He only ran 9 laps and webber was a lot quicker then him.

Hey timeattack, I didn't recognise you at first - thought you sounded familiar! ;)

Hey timeattack, I didn't recognise you at first - thought you sounded familiar! ;)

Hey Antti :) Yea I had a name change done a week or so ago :dopey: With GT5 around the corner I thought I'd do something new - not to mention quite a few folks on GTPlanet have time attack of some form as their user names, so I figured I'd come up with something a bit more unique.

Sorry for OT folks :dunce:

Yep, entrace to the pit lane is silly, as well as the exit. I think one way to change the exit is to do the 'Abu Dhabi' layout.

Yep, entrace to the pit lane is silly, as well as the exit. I think one way to change the exit is to do the 'Abu Dhabi' layout.

Silly is an understatement. It's just plain stupid, Hamilton lost control from trying to enter "as fast as possible", which apparently, is encouraged. :odd:

Damn, another Bull 1-2. The start for tommorow's race will be whole nother ball game though, especially with the long stretch after turn 1.
We could see a lot of shuffling especially between the first 4 cars.

On another note I was suprised to see Lewis so far off pace...oh well.

Damn, another Bull 1-2. The start for tommorow's race will be whole nother ball game though, especially with the long stretch after turn 1.
We could see a lot of shuffling especially between the first 4 cars.

On another note I was suprised to see Lewis so far off pace...oh well.

I can tell you right now that the track itself won't be a contributor to who comes out on top, the pitlane, however, will be. That's how ridiculous I find it to be.

Anyone on the dirty line on the start is going to have a very rough start tomorrow. There is dirty and then there's Korean dirty. It looks like the Red Bull is almost all but guaranteed the Constructors championship at this point as long as nothing crazy happens, knock on wood.

I have to say I'm a tad disappointed that Kubica couldn't manage any higher than eighth, especially after the promising third practice. Also, yet another pole start for Vettel - hopefully he doesn't bump into anyone in the first corner tomorrow! :sly:

Last edited:
Ugly track is ugly.

Vettel to win, Webber to balls the start and finish around fourth is my prediction.

Hopefully Alonso can jump webber off the line and then line vettel up on the straight, looking more and more likely that a Red Bull will win the title now :(, they haven't thrown good results away for a while now like they did near the start of the season.

I'll tell you what Interludes an Alonso engine failure sounds pretty good now you mention it.

First of all, massive congratulations to the circuit organisers. They really pulled it off and make a GP in Korea a dream come true!

Congratulations to Vettel, as always. Great performance by him all weekend. It was quite nervous watching all these cars being driven on this circuit for the first time yesterday with some like driving on an ice skating arena... They all did a good job as there were no accident yesterday.

I'm pretty sure everybody is concern about the pitlane enterance and exit. I have no idea who designed the pit (hopefully not Tilke) but the design is absolutely awful! I would not be surprised if somebody got bumped from the back when entering the pit enterance.

EDIT:

Rain is expected before the race but it would just be cloudy at the time the race starts... However, the rain will wash out all the rubbers laid down on the circuit and making life difficult for them - again.

I don't know why there's so much hate for the track, let's see a race first, then judge. Concerning the layout, I think this track is simply SPECTACULAR! Very very technical course, the race's gonna rock.

Back