2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe

Worst race of the season so far. And that's mostly because of FOX taking a commercial EVERY 2 LAPS!!!!! :mad:

They could've had a commercial for the whole race and we would have been better off.

I'm usually not one to complain about boring tracks, but I can't stand this track. I'll take 2 races at Catalunya over this.

Peter.
Worst race of the season so far. And that's mostly because of FOX taking a commercial EVERY 2 LAPS!!!!! :mad:

This race had to so little to offer the commercials didn't hurt it.

Canada, OTOH, the breaks made me wanna throw something through the TV.

Valencia Street is great to drive in racing games but its clearly proven to be the worst circuit ever constructed for F1 in reality.

Bang on. The track is good fun in F1 2010, but it's just not cut out for exciting (or even remotely interesting!) racing, seems Bernie agreed on the grid walk.

Come on guys, this race at least was the best Valencia race ever, and i'd rate it higher than some races last year. Great track to drive on though, love it in F1 2010, it actually provides good racing in that game.

I didn't watch this race live as I was watching the Nurburgring 24 hours. I've just watched the recording I made of it though and wish I hadn't. It was as dull and boring as any race I've ever seen. 👎

Come on guys, this race at least was the best Valencia race ever, and i'd rate it higher than some races last year. Great track to drive on though, love it in F1 2010, it actually provides good racing in that game.

It is a Track to drive on that's for sure Not so much to Spectate though :D

Glad I'm not the only person who thought that race was painful to watch.

I really, I can't even think of anything positive to say: actually that's not true -- perhaps the most interesting thing today was Hamilton's comments over the radio. Not even; do away with this location and DRS. In the case of the latter it's just cheapening the results.

I don't understand how you can possibly say anything positive about the Valencia circuit and today's race on it. 4 years, 4 snore-fests. 1 reasonable crash.

I'm glad I recorded the race, and went fishing, you can't have any races more boring than this one at Valencia, the track is just too wide for exciting races.

Valencia just isn't set up for good wheel to wheel racing. As Martin Brundle put it it's just 'point and squirt' with only one plausable line to take into each corner. The DRS didn't work in this race, faster cars easily overtook while evenly matched cars didn't get enough of a boost to make a pass stick.

As to Catalunya, I believe the FIA ruined it when they decided to alter the track. The final section adds nothing to the circuit and takes away the sheer speed of the cars coming onto the pit straight.

I'm glad I recorded the race, and went fishing, you can't have any races more boring than this one at Valencia, the track is just too wide for exciting races.

Now you have to go and delete it, it's imperative to the well-being of your marriage (if you're married).

Yes, it was that boring. The red flag during Canada was more exciting than this -- what the hell is that?

So,I misted and it wasn't good,well I'm glad of not wasting my time,however I was sort of expecting this,specially for being Valencia,one of the dullest tracks of the season,what pains me is seeing Vettel winning again,expectable race,expectable results.

I hope that TG isn't as bad.

Race would have been painfully boring whether Vettel won or not. Someone could have gotten hit by a car and it wouldn't have changed anything. :lol:

Disclaimer: Just illustrating a point, of course I don't want to see anyone hit by a car.

Nah, Montjuïc is what its all about, bring that back! :P

Montjuic was awesome, but joking aside, it's not suitable for F1. I'd love to see F1 at Aragon, but I don't think they're interested.

Ardius
Valencia Street is great to drive in racing games but its clearly proven to be the worst circuit ever constructed for F1 in reality.

Almost the worst.

Apparently a 15 year old girl approached Mark Webber for an autograph. Whilst signing she asked him where Vettel was, to which Mark replied "He's the same age as you, he's playing in a sand pit over there" :lol:

:lol:

Last year was better, if only for a raging Alonso and Mark Webber's lucky escape.

So,I misted and it wasn't good,well I'm glad of not wasting my time,however I was sort of expecting this,specially for being Valencia,one of the dullest tracks of the season,what pains me is seeing Vettel winning again,expectable race,expectable results.

Does it really hurt you so much to see someone take a well deserved victory?

Quite a boring race, especially compared to Canada, pretty likely that Vettel will take the championship again this year. meh.

Does it really hurt you so much to see someone take a well deserved victory?

It does if they don't like them. It's that way for any sport. If someone hates the Yankees and they win every game in September, they won't like it at all, no matter if those victories were well-deserved or not.

At this point, unless you're just a big Vettel fan, "well-deserved" doesn't mean much. His victories are getting repetitively dull.

It does if they don't like them. It's that way for any sport. If someone hates the Yankees and they win every game in September, they won't like it at all, no matter if those victories were well-deserved or not.

At this point, unless you're just a big Vettel fan, "well-deserved" doesn't mean much. His victories are getting repetitively dull.

So in that case, the opposition must just be mediocre?

Let me just write this out as clearly as I can for you:

For some people, the degree of competition against the winner is completely irrelevant to their dislike of said winner.

Does that make sense? I know what you're getting at, which is arguable, but irrelevant to my point. Some people just don't like a certain individual/team, and if they keep winning, whether against good competition or not, in a thrilling spectacle or not, at the end of the day, they still don't like him/them. The Lakers/Yankees are good examples of this. Some people hate them, and it doesn't matter how dominant they were/are, or how well-deserved their victories, they just can't stand them.

I didn't watch F1 for half a decade :lol:

Aww but you missed 2003, which was arguably one of the best seasons in F1. The USGP that year was brilliant. Makes me miss Indy a lot, now that was a brilliant track for racing.

I'm of a different view then Dwight; and yes.

The technology that RBR have competed against this season has been mediocre at best. Ferrari have been nowhere until the last month (too late obviously) and McLaren have been yo-yoing in terms of pace.

So in terms of Vettel having true competition this season, he hasnt had any to speak of and thus his demolition of the title race makes it about as impressive as Buttons title year i.e. not very.

Vettel's advantage at this stage is greater than Button's was 2 years ago. And in the unlikely event that he also has a lackluster 2nd half, he's still got this title. What are the chances of his next performances being worse than Button's were?

I'm of a different view then Dwight; and yes.

The technology that RBR have competed against this season has been mediocre at best. Ferrari have been nowhere until the last month (too late obviously) and McLaren have been yo-yoing in terms of pace.

So in terms of Vettel having true competition this season, he hasnt had any to speak of and thus his demolition of the title race makes it about as impressive as Buttons title year i.e. not very.

Just to be clear, I wasn't posting my exact feelings on the matter, just playing devil's advocate with F1 fan, who seems to want everyone to applaud and respect Seb's wins, which just isn't going to happen. If I have that wrong, he can explain himself.

Personally, I'm just bored. I don't hate, yet, just losing the edge-of-my-seat interest I had in April. Overtaking is great in the midfield, but personally, I want a championship that comes down to the last race, not one that's over a few months early (or arguably, even now).

I can only imagine how some of you guys were in the days of Schumacher dominating. :lol:

It was about halfway through Shumacher's run that I started getting into F1.

I was quite the Mika fan!!!

I like Vettel, he doesn't seem to have the attitude Shumacher or Alonso have/had.

Teams are still learning about DRS, if this race happened next year with the same rules it would be different, there will be some way to figure out how to get the right gear ratios along with something else to make DRS work, at the moment it's not taken fully advantage of because some cars are instantly hitting the limiter and not getting any closer to the car in-front. I don't know what the solution is but a group of highly paid engineers will figure something out. So much more performance can be got out of the cars with some clever tweaks.

Back