2011 Formula One Grand Prix de Monaco

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 1,122 comments
  • 60,809 views
Does anyone agree if this race be stopped immediately? With 6 laps to go, that's beyond 75%, IMO. :rolleyes:

You never know what might happen within a lap. Let alone 6 laps.
 
I'm not sure but I think the race clock stops at the red flag so we still have time.

*edit*
Brundle confirms 20mins left.
 
Well since it is in a red flag that race time has been stopped.

So it would mean that once the race resumes, they will have about 15 minutes to finish the race, but they would easily get the next 7 laps done in that time even behind the safety car.
 
Engines are revving
 
Yes fresh tires confirmed, Alonso is on the red tires, Vettel is also.
 
Start the damn race already. I'm on the edge of seat!
 
Alonso hasn't changed tyres

nvm he's running on used tyres
 
The race has restarted! :) I'm excited XD
 
Yes, but the race is currently stopped, so the time under the red flag doesn't count.

Ah ok. I swear a couple of years ago though something like this happened and they ran out of time.
 
Here we go...
 
Oh well, whatever happen. I want to heard the post race 'comment' from the steward.
 
The whole point of red flagging it was so that we wouldn't have a safety car from lap 72 until 78, to keep the interest in the race.
What's the point now, that everyone has fresh super soft rubber? Epic fail, once again.
 
Even so it's a dull rule in my view. The cars should restart the race in the condition they were in when the safety car and/or red flag was out.

Agreed, if they allowed all the cars to have new tyres, new wings ect ect they may have well just calle dthe race off at the red flag:crazy:
 
New tires.

Lame.
 
Hopefully they'll go all out now, take each other out and let Kobayashi win ;) yeah I can dream!
 
Ah ok. I swear a couple of years ago though something like this happened and they ran out of time.

That was Brazil 2003 when they ran out of time to restart the race. :odd:
 
We are off!!!
 
Vettel is still leading....
 
Yellow again xDDDDDDDDDD!
 
Another crash....
 
Maldernadro has spun, Hamiliton caused it.

Black flag him.
 
Maldonando gone at St Devote.... thanks to Hamilton...
 
Poor Maldonado :( He was doing so well.
 
Maldonado crash...with Ham... :p
 
Lots of accidents this year...
 
Hamilton looks set to get another penalty for causing an avoidable accident.
 
Back