2011 Formula One Grand Prix de Monaco

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cap'n Jack
  • 1,122 comments
  • 60,810 views
Is it official that they can change tyres and wing?

Yes.

FIA F1 SR 41.1
- cars may be worked on once they have stopped on the grid or entered the pits but any such work must not impede the resumption of the race
 
Is it official that they can change tyres and wing?

That were the orders today atleast.. They were told to change everything if they wanted :S
 
Brilliant race... bizarre end, but something tells me that Vettel would have held on - huge gamble on a crazy strategy... 56 laps on the soft tyre? Who would have thought that that would work? Button was robbed IMO, but atleast he looks happy with 3rd.

Hamilton had a stinker today - and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets stripped of his points today. Good points for Sutil though... he may afford himself a wee glass of champagne later... or maybe not.
 
Fair to say we've possibly got a new Schui on our hands?
 
Fair to say we've possibly got a new Schui on our hands?

Based off of this race, I don't think so. He would've likely lost it were it not for the red flag.

And Vettel sprays the champagne on the guard :lol:
 
McLaren, this could've been their weekend if not for some costly errors (noticeably making Lewis go out late in Q3 and Jenson's 2nd stop for Options). I know it was unlucky but this is Monaco, expect the unexpected.
 
It is early but he's already got a huge lead and looking set for another world title, kinda ominous signs.
 
I'm not happy with Vettel winning again but I do have to give him much more respect for spraying champagne in the guard's face. :lol:
 
Vettel like a little kid just sprayed the guard in the face just to see if he would move :lol:
 
Lol..Vettel spray the champange on one of the guard that was standing still...lol. :lol:
 
I don't blame him, I would have done the same. :lol:
 
Then, when Vettel tries to take a drink, the bottle gets taken out of stolen from his hands and poured all over him. :lol:
 
Lewis definitely has a penalty coming his way. He took out, what, 3, 4 people today?

Driving like a jackass.
 
Stop being a pessimist man, it was an awesome race.
I'm a realistic myself, thank you.
This was a good (not awesome) race until lap 72.

I have been watching F1 since 1982 (I was 6 at the time), and I have seen at least 100 races that would make this one cry in shame.
But like I said, still a good race until lap 72. 👍
 
Driving like a jackass.

As usual :grumpy:, really he gets very much like Schumacher used to when he's stressed and he had the gaul to say all those people drove into him!
 
I would have tried to drown the guard with chapagne, every man has his breaking point.
 
Lewis definitely has a penalty coming his way. He took out, what, 3, 4 people today?

Driving like a jackass.

One I think being Maldonado. Anyway I think the only way he can lose points is he gets disqualified as a time penalty must be huge for him to lose a place. Don't know what is happening with Kobayashi so maybe a possiblity to gain a position.
 
This race made up for the lack of attrition and safety cars this season. It's not really surprising it happened in Monaco.
 
Rubbish end to the race. Allowing the tyres to be changed for any reason other than the weather is daft. Vettel was lucky today but it would have been truly great if he'd had to hold on for the win on his really old tyres. As it is, both Alonso and Button can count themselves unlucky.

Points for Williams at last 👍 It's about time as well.
 
This was a good (not awesome) race until lap 72.

Agree completely. Working on the cars like they were in the pits with the race stopped is bullcrap. Ruined the rest of the race.
 
My thoughts exactly. It would have been awsome if the tyres weren't changed.
 
Ew. FOX. :yuck:
 
Anti climatic qualifying and race...doh :dunce:
 
Driving like a jackass.
I've been a big fan of Lewis since he started his F1 career (joining my favourite team helped a bit), but I was completely unimpressed by his driving and the way he acted over the radio today. 👎

Bring on Montreal, McLaren should hopefully have a good chance to be able to briefly halt Vettel's success for a second time this year thanks to the low-downforce nature of the track.
 
Back