2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 2,947 comments
Those are excellent signings for Spurs. Van der Vaart has gone though but at least they managed to hang onto Bale.

Also Berbatov for 4 million was a bargain for Fulham.

Dembele and Dempsey out, Richardson and Berbatov in. Swings and roundabouts. But Dempsey to Spurs is a blow.

Wrexham snapped up Andy Bishop on loan from Bury, who are linked with our player/manager for their vacant hotseat. Frankly, we need firepower from players under 33 so Bishop is a welcome addition.

Gutted to hear that Liverpool didn't sign another striker at deadline day. Top 4 seems distant again..

A little bit disappointed that Clint Dempsey didn't move to Liverpool, but we don't really need him as we do have Suarez already. The club needs an out-and-out striker.

Maybe Liverpool need to put Gerrard up on CF again like during the 2008-09 season with Suarez up front, but then given Gerrard's drop in form recently he'll probably not do as good as he did back then.

I think it will be interesting to see what Rodgers does with the formation at Liverpool...at Swansea last season we had Graham up front with Sinclair and Dyer either side of him and Sigurdsson just behind and Allen and Britton doing the defence protecting..Rodgers played a similar formation v Hearts on thursday, Suarez up front with Downing and Morgan either side of him...

Liverpool's new neat passing style is really making a difference...

They seem as devoid of ideas as the previous seasons. I think Gerrard is part of the problem. He is a top notch player but trying to build a team around him, seems a step too far for recent managers.

Jesus that was close!!! Southampton 2-3 United, RVP gets winner in 92nd minute!! Hattrick for Van persie!!!!

Well, he's certainly had an impact at both his old club and new club. Arsenal seem rather toothless going forward, and Man United needed him to rescue them today. Great striker, good result for United.

We just need him to stay fit for a while now!! what with Rooney out..if he gets injured then we only have Welbeck and Hernandez!

As a United fan I have to say that our performance was rubbish. It was only Van Persie that kept us in it really.

I read on Twitter that Kagawa might have gotten injured? Is this true?

He didn't look injured when he went off and I didn't see anything happen that could cause one but it's possible I guess. Where did you read it on twitter?

He didn't look injured when he went off and I didn't see anything happen that could cause one but it's possible I guess. Where did you read it on twitter?

I agree

He didnt look injured at all, i think Fergie brought him off because he didnt play well, he brought Scholes on which changed the game!

Has anyone seen/heard the open letter John Henry posted to liverpool fans regarding the deadline day deals? (or lack of them!)

Right now the Henry regime is looking like the Hicks/Gillet regime!!

Has anyone seen/heard the open letter John Henry posted to liverpool fans regarding the deadline day deals? (or lack of them!)

Right now the Henry regime is looking like the Hicks/Gillet regime!!

I think Henry is afraid of taking risks now after what happened to Andy Carroll which is a shame really. Clint Dempsey was only a fraction of the price they paid for Andy Carroll, and I'm sure if they just added a couple of million and sealed the deal, then we could've had a decent player who can be prolific at scoring goals. Alas, they were too stingy and lost out when we could've just sold Carroll at the end of his loan spell and paid back what we could have paid for Dempsey.

Interesting news just in..Raul Meireiles has joined Fenerbahce from Chelsea and Kolo Toure is set to join Galatasaray..the Turkish transfer window doesnt close untill wednesday...

Zenit have spent 80 million euro's on Hulk and Witsel, which is absolute madness, in the current era looking towards the financial fair play rules. Hulk would be better suited at a team that is all good, instead of a couple of players, such as in the premier league. Shame. Still wondering if Man City are ever going to accept these rules exist ...

Michael Owen Agrees to join Stoke on a one year deal...
Brendan Rogers' wizardry in the transfer market knows no bounds.

Apparently he's after Didier Drogba next - expect Drogba to sign for Glasgow Rangers next week.

Its on talksport that they are interested in Del piero..whos 37!!...he was supposed to sign for Sydney, but he hasnt signed yet..

Michael Owen Agrees to join Stoke on a one year deal...

I don't see how Owen will fit into Stoke's physical/cheating way of playing, not that he'll get much chance to anyway since he'll get injured soon. A bit of a strange move really.:indiff:

Zenit have spent 80 million euro's on Hulk and Witsel, which is absolute madness, in the current era looking towards the financial fair play rules. Hulk would be better suited at a team that is all good, instead of a couple of players, such as in the premier league. Shame. Still wondering if Man City are ever going to accept these rules exist ...

I could be wrong but I thought it was higher than that. 60mil for Hulk and 40mil for Axel Witsel. That's how it is with oil money!!!
I'm a Porto fan and knew Hulk would be leaving but thought to a big club/league. Not the damn Russian league to Zenit!! I already lost Bruno Alves to them!!!! :dunce:

Axel Witsel was a big surprise to me. I feel SL Benfica are going to be extremely hurting cuz of this (and Javi Garcia going to Man City on Friday, they also don't have a natural LB and a massive over abundance of forwards/strikers). He only played for 1 season and did an awesome job. Just crazy how 2 of the best players in the Portuguese league who I thought for sure would end up in the EPL end up at Zenit. oh well!

I can NOT believe that Raul Meireles went to Fenerbache!!! He was the man at Liverpool towards the end of his play there when they actually used him how he plays best. He was solid at Chelsea and I least expected them to let him go. And now my man goes to Turkey?! UUGGHHHHH!!!!!
I fear it has something to do with his contract. Liverpool dumped him (instead of Andy Carrol lololololol) due to him having something in his contract which required Liverpool to pay him more, something about performance clause would see a jump in wages. I'm guessing thanks to helping win the CL and being one of the better players at Chelsea that his wages got a bit too high? Just a guess... can't believe he went to Fenerbache though. He was one of the reasons why I even followed a bit of Chelsea!! :(

I could be wrong but I thought it was higher than that. 60mil for Hulk and 40mil for Axel Witsel. That's how it is with oil money!!!
I'm a Porto fan and knew Hulk would be leaving but thought to a big club/league. Not the damn Russian league to Zenit!! I already lost Bruno Alves to them!!!! :dunce:

Axel Witsel was a big surprise to me. I feel SL Benfica are going to be extremely hurting cuz of this (and Javi Garcia going to Man City on Friday, they also don't have a natural LB and a massive over abundance of forwards/strikers). He only played for 1 season and did an awesome job. Just crazy how 2 of the best players in the Portuguese league who I thought for sure would end up in the EPL end up at Zenit. oh well!

I can NOT believe that Raul Meireles went to Fenerbache!!! He was the man at Liverpool towards the end of his play there when they actually used him how he plays best. He was solid at Chelsea and I least expected them to let him go. And now my man goes to Turkey?! UUGGHHHHH!!!!!
I fear it has something to do with his contract. Liverpool dumped him (instead of Andy Carrol lololololol) due to him having something in his contract which required Liverpool to pay him more, something about performance clause would see a jump in wages. I'm guessing thanks to helping win the CL and being one of the better players at Chelsea that his wages got a bit too high? Just a guess... can't believe he went to Fenerbache though. He was one of the reasons why I even followed a bit of Chelsea!! :(

40 million for Axel Witsel is crazy. I'm a big fan of him but 40 million? Looks like I can forget about a Hazard-Witsel partnership. Didn't really see the Meireless one coming either although tbh, I totally forgot he even existed this season. I wouldn't say he was one of the better players but he did put in a hugely admirable performance during the Champions League against Barcelona.

So, i dont know if anyone has heard the news, but QPR's Samba Diakite has flown home after suffering from depresstion (spell?)

Hes a good player and i hope he fells better soon!👍

My Sky Sports App told me this morning that The Sunday Mirror are reporting that SAF is ready to ask the owners to pay whatever it takes to get Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man Utd. Has anyone heard anything about this? And what do you think the chances of Ronaldo going back to United? I'm a United fan, but honestly, I can't see it happening.

My Sky Sports App told me this morning that The Sunday Mirror are reporting that SAF is ready to ask the owners to pay whatever it takes to get Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man Utd. Has anyone heard anything about this? And what do you think the chances of Ronaldo going back to United? I'm a United fan, but honestly, I can't see it happening.

I can't see it happening either, but Ronaldo is apparently not happy at Real Madrid, and he might be up for a move back to friendlier climes... and if anyone can convince him to come back, it would be Sir Alex. But I doubt that he'll move too.

Back