2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 2,947 comments
Im a united fan and i cant see it happening nor do i want him back.. i think we are fine without him..

I think Ronaldo to ManU would be neat. We get way more EPL coverage over here and I enjoyed watching him play. The only games with him worth watching were the exhibition in New York and El Clasico. We get some La Liga games, but I don't really enjoy Madrid and Barcelona annihilating the Spanish teams I'm not so familiar with.

I know that he primarily is a LW (Correct me if I'm wrong) but, Chelsea could really use a decent RW along with Eden on the other side. Move the formation to a 4-3-2-1 and we would have a killer team. I can't really see Chelsea wanting, paying for, and fitting in with Ronaldo though. Just a dream :)

Kamuifanboy
I know that he primarily is a LW (Correct me if I'm wrong) but, Chelsea could really use a decent RW along with Eden on the other side. Move the formation to a 4-3-2-1 and we would have a killer team. I can't really see Chelsea wanting, paying for, and fitting in with Ronaldo though. Just a dream :)

Wouldn't Juan Mata fit the profile?

Kamuifanboy

The last thing Chelsea need is a self centered primmadonna in midfield. Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Ramires, Mata and Lampard are plenty of attacking mids/wingers. Can't imagine Hazard playing well with Ronaldo either.

Kamuifanboy
Yeah but, he never seems to do much. I don't know why Chelsea keeps him.

Eh? Was one of their best players last year.

Chelsea have got too many midfielders and not enough strikers if you ask me..

So the Premier League is back tomorrow then..and as a Man utd fan..im happy to say that Darren Fletcher is back in the squad after 10 months out with him bowel condition..he has always been a good player for us, welcome back Fletch! 👍

I am excited for it to come back. I have a bad feeling Chelsea will lose to QPR. I don't think that they will recover from that loss.

Personally I don't see Ronaldo coming back to the EPL at least not yet, and if he does come I think it'd be to Man City (but would be shocked if he were to join Chelsea).

Chelsea could have picked up a good RW,Hulk, but let him go after a good start to the EPL season. I would even say that money issue was a problem for them as Zenit dropped 60M Euros for him (40M went to Porto, the other 20M was to everyone else who had their hands in the cookie jar). I think what Chelsea needs to do is dump Torres. The guy might be playing a lil better with each game but let's face it... EPL transfer record, 18 months in and he has troubles scoring.

cuco33
Personally I don't see Ronaldo coming back to the EPL at least not yet, and if he does come I think it'd be to Man City (but would be shocked if he were to join Chelsea).

Chelsea could have picked up a good RW,Hulk, but let him go after a good start to the EPL season. I would even say that money issue was a problem for them as Zenit dropped 60M Euros for him (40M went to Porto, the other 20M was to everyone else who had their hands in the cookie jar). I think what Chelsea needs to do is dump Torres. The guy might be playing a lil better with each game but let's face it... EPL transfer record, 18 months in and he has troubles scoring.

I totally agree about Torres. He seems so sloppy on the field and the goals that he has gotten this year have been pretty lucky. They still have a decent striker on the bench as well. He may not be amazing but, Sturridge could hold the team over while they find a new strike. The question is, who would they get? I heard that Drogba wants back in the BPL but Arsenal was going to be the best bet for him. (Friend told me this rumor).

Well, today we proved that we don't need Ronaldo back. Great performance against Wigan and we also closed the gap a bit on City.

Well, today we proved that we don't need Ronaldo back. Great performance against Wigan and we also closed the gap a bit on City.

Yep! it sounded like we struggled a bit in the first half..but we got there in the end, good to see two debutants getting goals as well!..

..Galatasaray next!

Chelsea havent really been good so far!..theyre are lucky that theyre still top!

They have played Solid for the first three games. But definitely do not deserve to be at the top of the BPL at the moment. Them losing to Athleto Madrid kind of made things worse.

I'm pleased to see Forest on the up after the tumultuous couple of seasons post-Billy Davies.

Big fan of Cloughie, so I've always wanted to see them back in the big time.

Who watched that Everton Newcastle Fixture last evening? I stayed up till 5AM to watch. And well worth staying up. Best match of the new season. All though Everton should have won 4-2, a very hard fought second half.

I saw it..was a fantastic second half!

But that ball definatly crossed the line! the sooner we get goal-line technolgy the better!!

Who watched that Everton Newcastle Fixture last evening? I stayed up till 5AM to watch. And well worth staying up. Best match of the new season. All though Everton should have won 4-2, a very hard fought second half.
I DVRed it and watched it in the evening. Awesomely entertaining match.

I saw it..was a fantastic second half!

But that ball definatly crossed the line! the sooner we get goal-line technolgy the better!!

Yes. And Felaini* was not off sides by any means at all.

I am starting to become a little more of a NewCastle fan. I have always liked Hatem Ben Arfa's playing style. So naturally I pull for NewCastle when I see them playing.

Sorry to double post. Just wanted to get this thread back going.

Thoughts on Torres? I think the quicker Chelsea gets rid of him the better. He just doesn't get the job done like old Didier did. Who would replace Torres though? There aren't many decent strikers on the market, if any at all.

What I'd like to see. Teach Mata how to be a RW. Keep Hazard where he is, he is good there and understands when to be selfish and when not too. Then pull Neymar from Brazil and start giving him the attention he deserves. I don't know why but, I feel like he would be the change that Chelsea need at the moment. Chelsea just seem too robotic and have no creativity for Goals at the moment. Oscar showed them last night that you never know what might happen if you just let a decent chance fly towards the net last night with his epic 2nd goal. But, after he got pulled off the pitch they lost their only creative player. Neymar is a very creative player, can skill, and has shown interest in Chelsea. I really wish Chelsea would have put a bigger bid at him during the Summer. I feel the change that they needed.

Not to mention they need to get rid of Terry. He is just too old at this point.

Just my thoughts. Just a frustrated fan at the moment.

I said it before on this thread and ill say it again..

..Chelsea have too many midfielders and not enough strikers..you need cover for Torres and Sturridge badly, because Torres blows hot and then cold and Di Matteo clearly thinks that Sturridge isnt good enough..

..Chelsea have too many midfielders and not enough strikers..you need cover for Torres and Sturridge badly, because Torres blows hot and then cold and Di Matteo clearly thinks that Sturridge isnt good enough..

When you say too many midfielders. Do you mean on the pitch at once? Or just at the club in General.

Sorry to double post. Just wanted to get this thread back going.

Thoughts on Torres? I think the quicker Chelsea gets rid of him the better. He just doesn't get the job done like old Didier did. Who would replace Torres though? There aren't many decent strikers on the market, if any at all.

What I'd like to see. Teach Mata how to be a RW. Keep Hazard where he is, he is good there and understands when to be selfish and when not too. Then pull Neymar from Brazil and start giving him the attention he deserves. I don't know why but, I feel like he would be the change that Chelsea need at the moment. Chelsea just seem too robotic and have no creativity for Goals at the moment. Oscar showed them last night that you never know what might happen if you just let a decent chance fly towards the net last night with his epic 2nd goal. But, after he got pulled off the pitch they lost their only creative player. Neymar is a very creative player, can skill, and has shown interest in Chelsea. I really wish Chelsea would have put a bigger bid at him during the Summer. I feel the change that they needed.

Agreed, I don't think there's a serious Chelsea fan in the world that would want Torres. The amount of times pundits praise him and say "give him time" is embarrassing.

Not much a fan of Neymar to be honest. Seems like another primadonna. Talented though, no doubt. I wish they gave Lukaku more of a chance.

Not to mention they need to get rid of Terry. He is just too old at this point.

Just my thoughts. Just a frustrated fan at the moment.

Nah disagree on this. Nobody gives more heart than Terry.

The thing is, he can't really do anything. If he leaves him out I bet Abramovich will be on his back. Should still give Sturridge more playing time though. I don't see how he's not good enough. He doesn't make the best of decisions at times but neither does Torres.

Not much a fan of Neymar to be honest. Seems like another primadonna. Talented though, no doubt. I wish they gave Lukaku more of a chance.

I get what you are saying about Neymar. But, we still have to remember that he is quite young. He probably seems like a primadonna because he hasn't calmed down on the fact that he is a very talented player. Give him a year or two, and I feel he will calm down and become an even better and more respected player.

Just my thoughts.

Mikel has never impressed me. And last night was a poor performance from him.

Looking forward to this weekend games!..espcially the two big games on sunday!!

Back