2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 2,947 comments
MUSC4EVER
Oh and i think you mean they should STAY up and not GO up..

I meant it in terns of within the league, so move into the midfield, just as I didn't mean Inter were going to get relegated.

With Mark Hughes in charge, they are destined to struggle. Not to mention the financial hole they are digging for themselves.

They are now in talks with Real Madrid to sign Esteban Granero..and Bartons having a medical at Marseille

I agree with you on the Hughes thing..he started his career so promising with Wales, Blackburn and he also did well at City, but i think his career has tailed off in the last year or so...

QPR should go up theoretically, but judging by the result they got on Day 1, they won't be. Why?

They have no chemistry.

QPR, as it stands, have less chemistry than I learnt last year at school. And it'll stay that way the more they keep on buying players who need to adapt to all their new surroundings constantly. They have the big names, but they can't perform straight away because they can't link to their fellow teammates straight away...and their fellow teammates in turn are trying to link up with everyone else. It's a vicious cycle that'll only backfire to start with, and by the time they do get themselves together, it might be too late. Add to that the problems they had last year, chief among which is discipline, and I reckon it'll only be another close shave at best for the Rangers this year.

I actually think that QPR will have chemistry WAY more than that 5-0 slaughter in their opening match. All really depends on who they end up signing at the end of the transfer window. I've read tons of rumors that Ricardo Carvalho is going there from Real Madrid and both he and Bosingwa played for the national team, at Chelsea and at FC Porto. Toss in the possible Esteban Granero from RM, he's played with Carvalho and can work well with others. Carvalho has something about him that he works well with other CBs and FBs so if he comes (and stays healthy) he'll work well with Anton Ferdinand. Also Park and Fabio played together at Man United so there has to be some type of chemistry there. If it's not there yet, it will be. All that is left is on the coach ensuring the team jives together. If they don't, then a coaching replacement will come later.

To me, Joey Barton is the cancer of that team that needs to go ASAP.

Add to that Cesar has definitely left Inter, as said on the clubs site (Don't have a link to hand) So it looks like he could be joining QPR after all, he was seen watching their last match. Still struggling to see why he would, but I guess inter are only going down, and QPR (supposedly) up.

I think it has to do with Inter Milan trying to lower their wages and bring in a younger era to the club. Julio Cesar has won it all there so a new challenge in the EPL is tempting, and his best bet to play rather than be a sub is to go to a smaller club like QPR. He won't be winning a treble at Inter Milan. Hell Inter might struggle to win the Serie A as is!

I think it has to do with Inter Milan trying to lower their wages and bring in a younger era to the club. Julio Cesar has won it all there so a new challenge in the EPL is tempting, and his best bet to play rather than be a sub is to go to a smaller club like QPR. He won't be winning a treble at Inter Milan. Hell Inter might struggle to win the Serie A as is!

True, after that spell when they didn't win for seven games last season, they've offloaded Forlan and now Cesar. Though choosing QPR I think is money talking, and he won't win anything there. But it will be a new challenge at least for him. Oh and you were right after all 👍

Mark Hughes isn't a football manager, he is simply playing Football Manager in real life. I am half expecting him to create another manager at Manchester United, sign all them for £1, then get Manchester United to sign all the QPR reserves for £20,000,000 a piece.

Mark Hughes isn't a football manager, he is simply playing Football Manager in real life. I am half expecting him to create another manager at Manchester United, sign all them for £1, then get Manchester United to sign all the QPR reserves for £20,000,000 a piece.

I bet Hughes isn't even the one signing all these players but he sure will be the one that gets the blame when it does not work.:indiff:

They already have 32 players + Fabio on loan (according to the premierleague's website) under contract as it is and that does not count any that may be out on loan and still they are after a few more players.:eek:

There is no way they will be able to offload them all by the time the window closes and as there is a 25 man squad rule in the Premiership they will be paying players to do nothing.:lol:

As it stands QPR are just one of the many English clubs being ruined by their owners.:crazy:

If their sugar daddy was to get bored and leave, they would certainly be up a certain creek, with no paddles and no boat. With piranhas and those fish that swim up your piss.

dhandeh
If their sugar daddy was to get bored and leave, they would certainly be up a certain creek, with no paddles and no boat. With piranhas and those fish that swim up your piss.

Just look at Malaga .. Sugar Daddies got bored last season, bunch of unpaid wages, sold their best players (Cazorla et al) and are starting almost from scratch with young blood. Though it could be even worse than that forseeable.

Just look at Malaga .. Sugar Daddies got bored last season, bunch of unpaid wages, sold their best players (Cazorla et al) and are starting almost from scratch with young blood. Though it could be even worse than that forseeable.

They werent in charge for that that long before they got bored either were they?? only about 2/3 years i think!

MUSC4EVER
They werent in charge for that that long before they got bored either were they?? only about 2/3 years i think!

June 2010. It was Carzola and Van Nistelrooy threatening legal action over unpaid wages. Sad sight for a club, but it didn't invest responsibly. At least it made the Champions League through qualifying this year.

I can't see Fernandes leaving too soon, he's stuck with Caterham for a while now and Air Asia are doing well financially. Could easily be wrong on that though. What I don't understand is the mentality of buying vast amounts of average players. Hughes did it at Man City buying a ton of 8/10 players and now he's buying a ton of 6/10 players at QPR, none are really better than the players they already have.

Barton looks to have finally gone to France, bet Marseilles will be regretting that soon.

I expect Barton to have smacked/broke someone's legs/general behavioural issues and have a massive ban by Christmas. Not like there is anything new there. For a average player, he really does have a very high opinion of himself.

Marsielle are a big club though, so its a good move for him..im sure they are in europe this year..

In other news...

Walcott looks like he's leaving Arsenal, with the reported 75,000 pounds a week being offered not enough. Manchester City :indiff: and Liverpool look interested.

Now I like Walcott, he's changed games for us. But he still seems inconsistent, but he lacks vision. I'm not going to be too heartbroken to see him leave.

But it brings up an interesting point. Players like Walcott, Song, Nasri, RVP... they have one good season, one breakthrough season where they've been considered "important", and suddenly they're looking for greener pastures. They seem to forget all the trust put in them by the club and Arsene, giving them games after games even when they were young.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for Wilshere. I think he's going to become as synchronous with Arsenal like Stevie G and Liverpool, or Del Piero and Juventus.

[/RANT] :lol:.

For me, Walcott is pace and nothing more. But Arsenal need all the bodies they can keep. They're devastatingly impotent at the moment.

The latest rumor mill rumblings is that FC Porto midfielder, Joao Moutinho, is going to be a Spurs player and should be announced within the next 24hrs. He came to my Porto club from Sporting and is a phenomenal midfielder, the rock in the middle for the Portuguese national team, and will be rejoining AVB who loves the short guy.

Marseille turn down a bid from Spurs for Loic Remy..Champions league group stage draw is on now!

Man city have been drawn with Real madrid, Ajax and Borussia dortmund in the champions league group!!

Last edited:
Gotta like the Champions League group United got.

Braga, Galatasaray and Cluj...

In Premier League im glad Rooney went out with an official statement saying he is going nowhere! :D

Much like dropping £20 and picking up sixpence, Fulham are losing Dembele and Dempsey but gaining Berbatov.

Dembele to Spurs, but Dempsey looks set to join Villa for an armed raid of a transfer fee - £7 million.

I like Berbatov; he scores goals and his ratio is close to 1:2, but his work rate and ethic can often lead much to be desired. He's probably got another two seasons left in him.

Great player on his day. Almost certainly wants to remain at a top team, hence leaving Spurs.

Oh snap.

New rumors that Fernando Llorente is moving to Spurs...
Berbatov is more or less ready for Fulham.

Should be an interesting evening. :dopey:

Charlie Adam at stoke for a medical..
Scott Sinclair signs for Man city..
Danny rose to Sunderland on loan..
Jay Spearing to Bolton on loan..
Nigel de jong to AC Milan permanent..
Keiran Richardson to Fulham permanent...
Niclas Bentner to Juventus Permanent..
Jermaine Jenas to Sunderland permanent..
Pablo Henandez to Swansea Permanent..

..um..i think thats it for now!...

Joao Moutinho transfer from Porto to Spurs might have fallen through. Porto isn't budging on price and AVB stated something like even half the fee is at the max of Spurs spending limit. lol

Joao Moutinho transfer from Porto to Spurs might have fallen through. Porto isn't budging on price and AVB stated something like even half the fee is at the max of Spurs spending limit. lol
The latest news I heard is that Porto and Spurs agree on £22M transfer.

The latest news I heard is that Porto and Spurs agree on £22M transfer.

Just read that now. 27mil euro apparently. Seems Porto president lowered his demands. I now wonder if Hulk's high fee will get dropped as well.

Hugo Lloris in London travelling to Spurs ahead of proposed move..
Staphane M'bia heading for QPR from Marseille in a deal thats NOT connected to the Barton deal...

Back