2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 2,947 comments
Im not sure if we can come away from Anfield we 3 points y'know!..we havnt won there in the last 5 visits and its going to be a very emotionely charged atomsphere, plus the Suarez-Evra thing as well..although both clubs have said that they will shake each others hand...

Anybody been to watch any games so far? I'm off to see my 3rd game of the season today; Wrexham vs. Dartford.

Anybody been to watch any games so far? I'm off to see my 3rd game of the season today; Wrexham vs. Dartford.

Nope, would be a far hike from Tokyo lol. I've been watching a lot online though.

Swansea vs Everton. Whose going to win? I think Swansea may surprise. Although Everton are a generally a really strong team.

Well Southampton got their first points of the season in style with a 4-1 win. Quite a surprise as Villa have been on form recently.

Everton just took us apart earlier! wasnt easy to watch..and now we are going to miss Dyer for the next match!! :grumpy:...

..fair play to Everton though, up to second now, top 4 finish maybe?

Everton just took us apart earlier! wasnt easy to watch..and now we are going to miss Dyer for the next match!! :grumpy:...

..fair play to Everton though, up to second now, top 4 finish maybe?
Probably not. It's still very early on in the season. Newcastle were in 2nd spot around this time last year and they finished outside of the Europa League places I think.

With Chelsea winning, United need to get a win at Anfield tomorrow to reclaim 2nd place and keep the pressure on Chelsea.

Good possession and play style from Chelsea in this game. Held the ball for most of the match on the opponents side of the field. I really wish that iRacing would get rid of Mikel as he just never seems to get the job done. Oscar didn't score any goals but he did prove again that he deserves to be on that starting 11. Honestly the score in that game should have been something like 2 or 3 - 1 Chelsea over Stoke. But, I'll take a 1 - 0 clean sheet as well. Torres seemed to actually be trying stuff today which was a nice change.

Now to cheer for my second favorite team tomorrow. Hopefully Newcastle can beat Norwich. Should be a fairly easy opponent for them.

Liverpool always pull it out of the bag against United.

First home game after the release of the Hillsborough files and it's against United? I don't rate United's chances.

Liverpool always pull it out of the bag against United.

First home game after the release of the Hillsborough files and it's against United? I don't rate United's chances.

I feel like Suarez will bring in a stellar performance.

Just tuned in the match. ¡Vamos United!

EDIT: Ugh, why is United's crest black & white...

EDIT2: Should I yell it should I yell it should I yell it should I yell it? I'll yell it, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, VAN PERSIE, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

Liverpool one, Manchester United two!

Last edited:
Cant say that we deserved the win!..i thought Liverpool dominated the majority of the match, the fact that Gerrard got man of the match says a lot!!..Halsey had a nightmare!..the only good things from United point of view was Rafaels superb equaliser and our fans behaved themselves..i didnt hear any offensive chanting..

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!!!

Oh yeah! :sly:
👍 This!

Fantastic win that keeps the pressure on Chelsea at the top. In the later kick off between City and Arsenal, another great result for us with a 1-1 draw. I really can't be a better day.

I think that if Newcastle can start controlling games all the time, could be a big contender for the top 6 this season. Ben Arfa was on form against Norwich.

Man U didn't really deserve to beat Liverpool. Liverpool were in charge for i'd say 80% of that game. But, Liverpool didn't convert any of their chances whilst Man U did. Even though I think that a few of the refs calls were a bit iffy.

Despite the pre season hype of Arsenal potentially not looking so great this year. I disagree. After watching them play City. I think the strongest team in the Prem at the moment. Looked so comfortable and so in control of that match.

So there wasnt any offensive chanting between the two sets of fans at the Liverpool-United game yeaterday, which is good, but it turns out there was some chanting after the game as the fans left the stadium....

So there wasnt any offensive chanting between the two sets of fans at the Liverpool-United game yeaterday, which is good, but it turns out there was some chanting after the game as the fans left the stadium....

And some offensive gestures towards United fans.

And some offensive gestures towards United fans.

A few Liverpool "fans", I put quotations around fans because no real football fan would do such things, came on to the pitch and in front of the Utd corner did aeroplane gestures. A week of Liverpool fans pleading for a halt of the hatred and its them who do the offensive things. :rolleyes: 👎

So let's take stock.

1st Chelsea ------------ +7 - 13pts
2nd Manchester United - +6 - 12pts
3rd Everton ------------ +4 - 10pts
4th West Brom -------- +3 - 10pts
---
5th Arsenal ------------ +7 - 9pts
---
6th Fulham ------------ +5 - 9pts
7th Manchester City --- +3 - 9pts

Too early to read too much into it yet, but good early form for WBA, Fulham and, surprisingly given that they are typically slow burners, Everton.

---

Just catching up with TFLS, and Mark Davies' winner for Bolton against Sheff Wed on Saturday was superb!

The John Terry race verdict is in!

He has been found guilty of racialy abusing Anton Ferdinand..and he is banned for four games and a £220,000 fine!

Looks like the FA are making an example of Terry like they did with Suarez..

The John Terry race verdict is in!

He has been found guilty of racialy abusing Anton Ferdinand..and he is banned for four games and a £220,000 fine!

Looks like the FA are making an example of Terry like they did with Suarez..

Dang. Sucks that Chelsea are loosing a decent player for 4 matches. Too bad I think Cahill does a better job now anyway. Terry is just seeming to get too old for the job. Same with Lampard. Aren't they in the 30's?

So moving on to this weekends games then..the stand out game is easily Arsenal-Chelsea..they have had some great games in the past!, the cheapest ticket for the game is £62!! Arsenal are set to make around £6million from the game!!

..also Man United-Tottenham looks like a good match!

So moving on to this weekends games then..the stand out game is easily Arsenal-Chelsea..they have had some great games in the past!, the cheapest ticket for the game is £62!! Arsenal are set to make around £6million from the game!!

..also Man United-Tottenham looks like a good match!

I think Chelsea are destined to lose this fixture. Chelsea are incredibly out of form and have gotten relatively lucky with easy draws at the beginning of the season. Chelsea is my club but, we will get steam rolled by the in form Arsenal team. They are looking really strong considering they lost a ton of great players.

United and Tottenham will be a good fixture. I feel like Tottenham will have a shot at winning it. Man U looked really bad against Liverpool last week.

Got a quick question for you guys. Does anyone do the Fantasy Premier League through the official website? If there are a few people we should definitely get a Classic League going.

Last edited:
Back