2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

• Thread starter Sureboss
  • 2,947 comments
Completly agree with you there!

I think rafael is going to be a great right-back..also i think we need a left-back as evra didnt play well last season, theres a lot of talk about leighton baines joining but fergie said in a news conference yesterday that he want to try a couple of youngsters in that position first, those players are..Robbie Brady and Tyler Blankett..and i think we need a striker as well if berbatov is definetley leaving..as we will only have rooney, welbeck and hernandez for the season..

Completly agree with you there!

I think rafael is going to be a great right-back..also i think we need a left-back as evra didnt play well last season, theres a lot of talk about leighton baines joining but fergie said in a news conference yesterday that he want to try a couple of youngsters in that position first, those players are..Robbie Brady and Tyler Blankett..and i think we need a striker as well if berbatov is definetley leaving..as we will only have rooney, welbeck and hernandez for the season..

Probably push another youngster through. We've also been looking at that Chilean striker that we have first offer on for the next couple of years. Berbatov is finished imo and Fergies comments over night sound like a manager putting a player in the shop window. I think we'll probably sign leighton Baines, simply due to the fact that Evra has imo at best a year or two left as a quality left back. Think of Baines as the interim between Evra's career winding down and Fabio developing properly into a strong left back. He certainly showed in 10/11 that he's a solid wing back, but just needs development time like his brother.

I don't really have an EPL team but I love watching the league and various teams. This year I'll be tracking QPR and Spurs a bit more than in the past, on top of the big clubs. Lots of times I do this to track a player or two, but for QPR the local bartender is a huge QPR brit guy, cool as hell and he got me all interested. Spurs mostly because of AVB. C'mon, I'm a Porto fan! lol

I still think that Man City will be in title contention and Arsenal will not. Man U will be in top 3. If AVB gets Tottenham to click well they'll make the CL next year. I think Liverpool is going to disappoint as usual. I wonder if Falcao from Atl Madrid will switch over to the EPL as apparently Atl Madrid are in financial bind and have already let Diego go back to Werder Bremen. Next up is if they can hold onto Falcao but if the right club makes the right offer, he's off and would be great to see him in the EPL. I LOVED him at Porto. A beast for sure.

I don't really have an EPL team but I love watching the league and various teams. This year I'll be tracking QPR and Spurs a bit more than in the past, on top of the big clubs. Lots of times I do this to track a player or two, but for QPR the local bartender is a huge QPR brit guy, cool as hell and he got me all interested. Spurs mostly because of AVB. C'mon, I'm a Porto fan! lol

I still think that Man City will be in title contention and Arsenal will not. Man U will be in top 3. If AVB gets Tottenham to click well they'll make the CL next year. I think Liverpool is going to disappoint as usual. I wonder if Falcao from Atl Madrid will switch over to the EPL as apparently Atl Madrid are in financial bind and have already let Diego go back to Werder Bremen. Next up is if they can hold onto Falcao but if the right club makes the right offer, he's off and would be great to see him in the EPL. I LOVED him at Porto. A beast for sure.

I'm mainly interested to see how Hazard performs. I was a big fan of AVB and I think Tottenham could well be in the top 4. Either them or Liverpool I think, I'm completely writing off Arsenal as they're becoming nothing more than the Manchester City feeder club.

QPR are an interesting club, they've got potential but they haven't really capitalised on it as of yet. Welsh manager and their boss owns Caterham so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. :guilty:

Interesting to see who else is signed. What happened to the Hulk deal ? Also Oscar, can't say I've heard of him, but then again I don't follow the Brazilian league.

I'm mainly interested to see how Hazard performs. I was a big fan of AVB and I think Tottenham could well be in the top 4. Either them or Liverpool I think, I'm completely writing off Arsenal as they're becoming nothing more than the Manchester City feeder club.

QPR are an interesting club, they've got potential but they haven't really capitalised on it as of yet. Welsh manager and their boss owns Caterham so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. :guilty:

Interesting to see who else is signed. What happened to the Hulk deal ? Also Oscar, can't say I've heard of him, but then again I don't follow the Brazilian league.

I think Porto and PDC (Pinto Da Costa, Porto president) is waiting for the Olympics to be over. Hulk for sure is gone from Porto this year. I was surprised he didn't go off with Falcao last summer and how he didn't get swooped up in January (PDC's 100mil euro price tag was to keep people away) but I'm almost certain he'll go this summer for around 35-50mil euro. He's well worth it with tons of potential. I think he'll be going to Chelsea though as Roman A seems want and like the guy. Portugal league is a jumper league and TONS of top talent gets into europe's top leagues through it. Hulk has been probably one of the best forwards to pass through Portugal in some time. He has been the best player of the league in the past 2-3 seasons in my book (and the league's!!). And the Portuguese league sees a ton of top talent going to big clubs. Last summer's big sale was Fabio Coentrao from SL Benfica to Real Madrid. But look at Chelsea's signings, they seem to love the Portuguese league. Ramires, David Luis, Raul Meireles, Bosingwa, Ricardo Carvalho, Deco, even Paulo Ferriera and Hilario... and soon to be Hulk in my book!!! I mean I just read a rumor about Radamel Falcao (Atl Madrid, former Porto striker) might leave Spain's La Liga to go to EPL, with a potential signing with Chelsea (all speculation though) so ANOTHER former chop liga signing!! Not bad for a nation who's one of the PIIGS nations bringing down the euro, in economic crisis, GDP smaller than Romania, smaller population that Belgium!!!

Oscar is a talented player. I don't really follow the Brazillian league all that much but I do follow the Brazil national team along with a few spots of the big Brazilian teams and this kid has some talent. Could do some serious damage in any league he goes to, pending he isn't flop-status of course. I most want to see Neymar leave Santos but I'm thinking he isn't going to EPL. To me Neymar will be either a Real Madrid player or Barcelona player.

Last edited:
I'd say City by a long way, then Chelsea, and a battle for 3rd between United and Spurs, which Man U win. Newcastle 5th and Arsenal 6th.

Ay_XQY-CAAAiy07.jpg:large

:ouch:

Makes sense sort of. He was cleared of racism in the trial so I guess they can't say he has been charged for racism. Whereas Suarez was charged for racism.

Demba Ba's release clause is expired so now teams will have to pay top dollar to secure him. As for Chelsea, they played my local team Brighton yesterday and lost 3-1, they fielded a full strength side and went 1-0 up. Chelseas 3rd straight defeat in pre-season.

Ok thanks! ill be taking part then, i like fantasy football, i think it makes it the season more exciting..

Man City win the community shield 3-2 vs a 10 man Chelsea. Man City still the better team, but not by much, cracking game. Season starts next week, looking forward to it.

EDIT: Here's the highlights of the game, suspect they're probably UK only

Last edited:
I watched about an hour of it..then turned it over to the olympic boxing on the other side...im a man united fan, i dont want to watch man city winning things!!

MUSC4EVER
I watched about an hour of it..then turned it over to the olympic boxing on the other side...im a man united fan, i dont want to watch man city winning things!!

Their cabinet is empty now. :D

Brilliant news!!!! im delighted!!!

I think that van persie could be the signing thats wins us the league!!!👍

I think that van persie could be the signing thats wins us the league!!!👍
We can't rely on RvP to win the league for us.

We must win the league as a team, but yes, I also think he will give us the extra edge when it comes to the league title and maybe Champions League aswell. :)

ESPN is really taking a liking to the Premier League. Usually in America, we only get coverage of Team USA, but this year it seems like we will get a weekly EPL game and all the news (like the RVP signing) is front and center with our other sports.

I would check, but my DirecTV guide is screwed up, can't even see when USA v. Mexico is tonight (thankfully I already know). I think we're getting Arsenal v. Sunderland, but they're advertising the Newcastle game as well. I wonder what channel EPL will happen when American football starts, because even though I'm acclimating myself to soccer, I'm not ever going to like it more than our football :).

Great signing for United, puts them right back into contention. Was probably the best club to go to from his point of view. At City he would have spent a lot of time on the bench whereas at United he can expect to be playing every week.

Says a lot about Arsenal really, nobody wants to stay with us. At least we made some money rather than him just walking away at the end of the season. Though realistically I can't see a top 4 finish this year for us...

Strange for the Manchester City Reserves to allow a player to leave for United.

A fantastic signing, though I'm still rubbing my eyes.

Latest reports suggest an initial fee of 15m £ that could rise to 22m £ depending on appearances and results.

It would mean we have signed Kagawa and Robin van Persie for 35£, the very amount that Liverpool payed for Andy Carroll. :lol:

Rooney, van Persie, Welbeck, Hernandez, Nani, Valencia, Kagawa, and Young!
Intimidating.

I am more sad that the captain was so quick to quit the team, more then I am sad to see him go as a player. 24m for an injury prone 29 year old is a fair deal, and I am not too worried about him making a massive impact at United. After all, we all saw how Ferguson frittered away Berbatov's talents.

I am more interested in whether we find a replacement for him, and, whether Walcott and Song are going to stay.

I am more sad that the captain was so quick to quit the team, more then I am sad to see him go as a player. 24m for an injury prone 29 year old is a fair deal, and I am not too worried about him making a massive impact at United. After all, we all saw how Ferguson frittered away Berbatov's talents.

I am more interested in whether we find a replacement for him, and, whether Walcott and Song are going to stay.

You have Giroud, and Podolski coming in.
I bet they are rubbing their hands tonight.

I would worry about who takes over as captain.
You have sold many captains the last 5-6 years.
Vieira, Henry, Gallas, Fabregas, van Persie...

You have Giroud, and Podolski coming in.
I bet they are rubbing their hands tonight.

I would worry about who takes over as captain.
You have sold many captains the last 5-6 years.
Vieira, Henry, Gallas, Fabregas, van Persie...

All our captains tend to leave.

Chamakh should be our next skipper then :D.

Latest Posts

Back