2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Sureboss, May 30, 2012.

1. DQuaN

DQuaN Premium

Bad bad news.

On the other hand, Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla were mighty impressive midweek.

It just seems that too much is changing and, to me, it doesn't look much like the Arsenal I know and love. :(

As for the captaincy, I hope Vermaelen gets it.

2. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

He hasnt passed a medical yet! which could be a stumbling block with his injury record!!

Y'know, this deal reminds me a little of Robbie Keane move to Liverpool a few years back, he joined from Spurs at the age of 28 for 18 million when Benitez didnt want him (he wanted Gareth Barry fom Villa!) he never really settled as Benitez didnt really know what to do with him and was back at Tottenham by christmas that year!

RVP is 29 and is moving for a more money than Keane, as ive mentioned before he did have a poor injury record but he seems to have shaken that off recently..i hope that continues!!:scared:

3. NINE_HUNDRED

NINE_HUNDRED

As long as Song stays at Arsenal, they'll be fine. I still think they'll be up there challenging for top 4. Everybody wrote them off after Nasri and Fabregas left, but somebody always steps up in the team.

4. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

The signings that they have made this summer are top class! Podolski, Giroud..who is as proven goalscorer! and Santi Cazorla (who scored for Spain last night) are fantastic players!

5. Kamuifanboy

Kamuifanboy

Hello everyone. New Football fan. Thanks to FIFA 12. Fan of Chelsea due to their partnership with Sauber. That is pretty much the only reason since I am so new to football. But, I'm excited for the season to start in the next 2 days!

6. NINE_HUNDRED

NINE_HUNDRED

7. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

I wonder what shirt number van persie will get?...i think he'll get the number 9 shirt, Berbatov has it at the mo but he'll leave now that we have signed van persie!

I have to admit that i havnt really missed the football because its been such a great summer of sport with the euros, wimbledon and the olympics plugging the gap..but im still very excited!..a new football season is like being re-aquinted with an old friend!!

8. DQuaN

DQuaN Premium

Did you see the picture above? It's 31.

There's two ways of looking at this.

1, We've just lost our top scoring captian to one of our biggest rivals.

Or 2, We've just sold an injury prone 29 year old for 24m.

I keep trying to look at it from the perspective of 2 but I am having trouble! :(

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  9. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

31 is his training number! not his shirt number, they are different..dont ask how!..i havnt got a clue!! :lol:

Giggs's training number is 34 but his shirt number has always been 11!

According to sky sports news, van persie will wear the number 20 shirt!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  10. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Lukaku plays his first match for WBA and already scores. I wonder how Di Matteo is feeling ;)

11. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Come on Newcastle! I think we will beat Spurs 3-1 this afternoon.

12. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Really enjoyed it today!! Swansea hammered QPR and Liverpool got hammered by West brom!...whats not to like!!:D

13. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

Brendan Rogers will be wondering what he's let himself in for...

14. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Liverpool are up against Man City next week!!

15. NINE_HUNDRED

NINE_HUNDRED

.. Then Arsenal, Sunderland, Man UTD. Going to be a tough start for them.

16. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Doesnt look like it at the mo mate! Spurs are all over you! hitting the woodwork twice!

17. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Came back into it in the latter stages though. We are just getting warmed up ;)

18. CAM

CAM Premium

Awesome goal from Ba, bent off the volley!

And the Newcastle manager gets sent off..

19. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Much better second half, Tottenham had a lot of the ball but we were strong and held position well. Good win indeed for us.

20. Mike Rotch

Mike Rotch Staff Emeritus

Weird opening weekend of results - so far all the big guns have flopped. I expect City and Utd to win big and already set off into the sunset.

I see Song is also off to Barca now - great :indiff:

21. Alex.

Alex. Premium

Well, it's safe to say I drank a lot last night. I don't even have the words to describe that garbage against WBA.

22. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

My boss asked me if I wanted to go with him to Anfield later in the month to watch Liverpool v Hearts in the Europa league at £70 a ticket.

[​IMG]

23. TyrrellRacing

TyrrellRacing Premium

Lovely goal from Ivanovic, let's have a rout. :mischievous:

EDIT: :lol: Looks like we'l get one.

24. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

What a start for Hazard... two assists in his first 5 minutes of EPL football. :eek:

25. Emptyone

Emptyone

Wigan always seem to start badly, I remember them losing 6-0 to Chelsea a couple of seasons ago first game too. Repeat of that could be on today. Promising start for Hazard too.

26. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

Atleast Wigan look up for a fight... terrible start to the game for them, but they are looking handy... I'd be quite surprised if Chelsea can maintain a clean sheet here.

27. Emptyone

Emptyone

Interesting, Hazard has more assists in the first 7 minutes of the season than Downing achieved in the entire 2011/12 premier league season :lol:

28. TyrrellRacing

TyrrellRacing Premium

Solid start for Chelsea, would've been nice to see a goal fest but I suppose they didn't really need to. Battling performance from Wigan, I didn't think they would recover well but they did.

29. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

I think Wigan can count themselves a tad unfortunate not to have got more out of that game... 13 shots, 6 on target, 0 goals... compared to Chelsea's 6 shots, 4 on target and 2 goals...

Hazard looks very good, but Torres is looking like more of the same from last year - offside several times, lacking sharpness/awareness in the box, and generally a bit of a waste of space. Moses looks brilliant, and I'd be surprised if Chelsea don't make a bid - although it might be a gamble for him to join a club where he wouldn't be first choice.

30. TyrrellRacing

TyrrellRacing Premium

Hopefully now that Lukaku is getting some play time Chelsea will realise that he's actually a good enough striker to start, as is Sturridge. I wish Torres would just go away but I suppose we'l just have to put up with him until he gets too old and buggers off to China.

I can't see why they need Moses, they've already got Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Lampard and Bertrand as attacking midfielders/wingers. Moses would be an ideal signing for somebody like Newcastle, unless he likes being on the bench.