2012/2013 Premier League Season + FA & League Cup chat

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Sureboss, May 30, 2012.

1. Kamuifanboy

Kamuifanboy

I got to say, a pretty exciting weekend. The Newcastle vs Tottenham match was the best out of the 4 matches I was able to view.

Glad that Chelsea won but, Torres is still playing poorly. Did Chelsea trade Lukaku? I think he would have been a better starter.

2. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

Lukaku's on loan to West Brom... and he scored on his EPL debut with them.

3. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

I don't think Lukaku will be eager to travel back to Chelsea that quickly again. He got bought by his dream-team and then got put on the bench the entire year only to play with the reserves. I'm happy he moved to West Brom, can't wait to see how he develops this season!

4. cuco33

cuco33

I read just now that QPR apparently are snatching up Ricardo Carvalho from Real Madrid and all that is left is negotiations over wages. Bosingwa signed with them just last week. 2 of my favorite former Porto/Portuguese NT players who are aging and still have it. Let's hope RC stays healthy and doesn't get hurt.

5. ASH32

ASH32

QPR are buying and loaning too many players, it's not a good way to run a club and will hurt them as much as it will help. The players they are buying are only decent/average at best too.

6. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Theyre squad is MASSIVE!!

Theyve got 8 first team strikers!!

BREAKING NEWS!! Sergio Aguero will be back for city sometime next month!

7. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

2-1 Reading :eek:

Chelsea got a very similar penalty to the one they scored against Wigan - Hazard went over quite easily in the box and Lampard converted the penalty... but Reading have hit back with two goals in 4 minutes! Game on.

8. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

This could be an interesting match now, had this down as a Chelsea thrashing but Reading read-a-different-script-ing....

9. cuco33

cuco33

I wouldn't say Bosingwa and RCarvalho are decent/average at best. Bosingwa might not be in his peak form when at Chelsea few years ago but he can certainly bring a lot to QPR. They signed Park from Man U who I feel was a very good signing for them. And RCarvalho would still be a Madrid player if he hadn't dealt with the injuries that he did which prevented him from playing more than a handful of games.

I agree with you though that it isn't good for a team to go out on a buying spree. They just want to do better than they did last season, almost getting relegated.

10. HighSeasHoMastr

HighSeasHoMastr Premium

Torres well offside there. What exactly is the linesman there for? Cause clearly its not to make calls...

11. Vegard

Vegard

Bosingwa, Carvalho, Park, and Fabio are all players who have won both the Premier League, and the Champions League.
    They bring experience from the highest level.

In other news, Torres scores the clearest offside goal I ever saw.

12. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

A flattering result for Chelsea... Reading gambled by putting on another striker when Chelsea brought it back to 2-2, but obviously that didn't work... :indiff:

13. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

I have a sneaky feeling Torres might get 20 goals + this season. Especially if he is immune to offside decisions.

14. Kamuifanboy

Kamuifanboy

Well played game from Chelsea. Really was worried after the first half. Cech making a really strange error as well. Guess he's human. Torres looked offsides but, the angles that I saw last night, looked like his upper body was offside while his feet were at the same point as the defenders. Again though, that is just what the footage looked like. I'm probably wrong.

15. cuco33

cuco33

Inter's Julio Cesar is QPR's latest signing! Damn this team wants to be a serious threat it seems!!

I'm an Inter fan and think JC is a phenomenal keeper, although his best form was under Mourinho. QPR are my latest underdogs that I'll be following.

16. Emptyone

Emptyone

Source? Because that's an impressive snatch if so!

17. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Why would they sign Cesar when they have Rob Green?, who is a good goalkeeper!

Im watching sky sports news right now and theres no news about that..yet!

18. Emptyone

Emptyone

Because Cesar is goalie for Brasil. Though this transfer seems a bit far fetched the more I think about it.

19. United6694

United6694

I'm a United fan and I reckon that we need to get a midfielder who can control and boss the game which will give the attacking players freedom to go attack.

20. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

You could do with another defender or two as well. Rio is passed it, Vidic will need a couple of months to get back in to it, and Jones and Smalling need an experienced bod next to them. I've never been convinced by Evans either. A new right back wouldn't be a bad buy either.

21. United6694

United6694

Evans i agree with, although I was impressed by him last season.

True, Jones and Smalling do need an experienced player by them, although Evra is fairly experienced.

IMO Rio is still good enough

I don't think a right back is needed, we have enough players who can play there.

22. TyrrellRacing

TyrrellRacing Premium

Rob Green is terrible, no idea how he got into the England squad. No sign of this transfer, I think someone's having you on cuco.

Sinclair and Moses look to be moving to City and Chelsea respectively though. Total waste of talent as neither will get much playing time. :tdown:

23. Emptyone

Emptyone

To be fair to him, I've seen actual reports that he is available, and QPR are interested, along with other suitors.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  24. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

*** AUP COMPLIANCE CHECK ***

Post # 7525084
    Log # 230812-2304
    Author: TyrrellRacing

Search descriptor: "Accuracy"

Relevant rule: GTPlanet AUP, article IV:

*** CHECK RESULTS ***

Post 7525084 complies fully with Article IV (subclause: Accuracy).

Post is clean - no further action required

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  25. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

Heres my thoughts on the Man United topics from earlier..i think we are absoultly fine in centre midfield.we have Cleverly, Carrick (who i think is the most underrated midfielder in the PL!) and Fletcher on his way back as well, and we are ok at right back as well with Evra and Buttner who has signed this week as cover as well as Fabio (on loan at QPR)..i sort of agree with the central defender thing though, Vidic is only just back..Rio, Smalling, Jones, Evans and Smalling are all out..we had Valencia and Carrick at the back on monday night just goes to show the extent of the problems we have in that position at the mo!...

26. Kamuifanboy

Kamuifanboy

What? You just described Kagawa perfectly. Personally, he was the only player that seemed to show up for Man U. last weekend.

27. Phoenix

Phoenix Premium

Yup. (And De Gea ;))

We need a replacement for Evra. Evra just isn't good enough anymore.

Baines would be the best purchase I think, but im not sure Everton will let him go this transfer window.
    We got this Buttner guy now, but im not sure he will be a replacement. More like a backup.

28. NINE_HUNDRED

NINE_HUNDRED

De Gea got his hair cut, that's why he played well.

But seriously, I hope he continues like it. His form towards the end of last season was good and he's off to a good start this year.

29. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER Premium

He's the one of best 'keeper in the league right now i think..in the top 5 at least!, although i am biased!!

Stephen Fletcher and Matt Jarvis have both completed theyre moves to Sunderland and West ham respectivly..and Wolves have suddenly got over 20 million to spend!!

30. cuco33

cuco33

I was told by a buddy who finds a reliable source, and then was linked to Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport article which stated my FC Porto's Alvaro Perreira was an Inter man and Julio Cesar left for QPR talks. I went to a local bar where the cool bartender that's there for happy hour is a diehard QPR fan and he came up to me immediately and said 'you're an Inter fan, how good is Julio Cesar cuz we are getting him!!'

From what I've read latest though is that it's in negotiations as JC was spotted in London and is now back in Milan considering it... so seems they jumped the gun and it's in talks at the moment
    http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercat...ra-maicon-sorpasso-chelsea-912364162068.shtml

To be honest I think JC is a phenomenal keeper and would hate to see Inter lose him (he was one of the reasons why Mourinho won his 1st Serie A title there, cuz JC was on fire) but if he goes to QPR he can certainly help them out.