2012 Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

How fast is that RBR? If Vettel had had no issues in practice and none now, given Webber's pace, he would be well clear of Hamilton.

Really makes me laugh when people say Button is one of the best...

Just look at the time difference.

Doesn't tell the whole story. Button's less aggressive style is not as suited to one-lap qualifying as Hamilton's is. But over race distance, Button's smooth driving allows him to maximize his tire use.

This is not to say he's anywhere close to Hamilton in terms of raw pace, but Button's race craft, patience, strategy and experience mean that he's going to keep that McLaren seat for a long time.

Big ask for Alonso tomorrow. He's got to get past six cars to win. Of those six, he can realistically pick off two or three, but not much more than that unless both Red Bulls and McLarens suffer tire issues or other maladies tomorrow.

Oops. Now down to five (depending on why Vettel stopped). Much easier, now. :lol:

It was a rather uneventful qualifying session, but given the starting positions, I think that the race should be entertaining.

Love how Whitmarsh is like "Great Job by Lewis" "Lewis is on fire!"

When really he is thinking: "What the 🤬 have we let go of?"

DaxCobra

It was Lewis' decision to leave. We'll see who is in a better position next year. My prediction? Mclaren.

Vettel ran out of petrol which means he will start from 24:th tomorrow.

That's at least what I hope.

I hope that if it is fuel that Red Bull don't get out of a penalty some how. They seem to always bend the rules.

Man I hope Vettel will shut all you haters up by winning the championship.

You know what. There are literally thousands of things in my life that are more important than whoever wins the F1 championship and I certainly don't hate Vettel. I do think that he is spectacular hotlapper but a mediocre racer though. I also hope that if RBR indeed got it wrong so that he in fact did run out of fuel, they won't find some way of getting out of the deserved penalty.

Dax, I like you, but please don't talk about F1, you're Hamilton bias is extreme. For a start, Button destroyed the field at Spa where Lewis just bitched about his setup. But of course, it was all because Hamilton had a bad setup and not because of a lack of speed...:rolleyes:

Secondly, McLaren will be disappointed that Hamilton is gone, but he is not the be all and end all of F1, Alonso is better, Vettel is better, and who knows, maybe Perez will be better as well.

Back