2012 Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Even if I sound like I do I in no means hate Vettel, or Redbull. I would be a fool and so is anyone else if they hate someone for being good at something. I just get bored of the same thing over and over.

Dax, I like you, but please don't talk about F1, you're Hamilton bias is extreme. For a start, Button destroyed the field at Spa where Lewis just bitched about his setup. But of course, it was all because Hamilton had a bad setup and not because of a lack of speed...:rolleyes:

Secondly, McLaren will be disappointed that Hamilton is gone, but he is not the be all and end all of F1, Alonso is better, Vettel is better, and who knows, maybe Perez will be better as well.

Button said he had no idea why Hamilton was faster today and Hamilton does seem to faster than Button much more than the other way around. Vettel is better? The Red Bull is about to win the contructors for the third consecutive year, Hamilton is yet to be part of a team that has won the constructors. Perez has had a few good results which have stood out but if you follow him race by race he hasn't been as impressive as people make him out to be. Alonso is better though.

Dax, I like you, but please don't talk about F1, you're Hamilton bias is extreme. For a start, Button destroyed the field at Spa where Lewis just bitched about his setup. But of course, it was all because Hamilton had a bad setup and not because of a lack of speed...:rolleyes:

Secondly, McLaren will be disappointed that Hamilton is gone, but he is not the be all and end all of F1, Alonso is better, Vettel is better, and who knows, maybe Perez will be better as well.

Eh, Button's rear wing at Spa kind of helped, and as soon as Hamilton had it at Monza, well they both dominated before Button's Gearbox issue.

And don't make me laugh, Vettel is not better than Hamilton.

even if i sound like i do i in no means hate vettel, or redbull. I would be a fool and so is anyone else if they hate someone for being good at something. I just get bored of the same thing over and over.
+1

Even if I sound like I do I in no means hate Vettel, or Redbull. I would be a fool and so is anyone else if they hate someone for being good at something. I just get bored of the same thing over and over.

Vettel's boring, not terrible.

Nice guy, boring racer.

Eh, Button's rear wing at Spa kind of helped, and as soon as Hamilton had it at Monza, well they both dominated before Button's Gearbox issue.

Hamilton chose the wing he used. Success in F1 is combination of many factors.

Button destroyed the field at Spa where Lewis just bitched about his setup. But of course, it was all because Hamilton had a bad setup and not because of a lack of speed...:rolleyes:

What about all of Jenson's races from round 5 to 9 this year?

What about Jenson's 2011 season?

What, you mean the season he hailed as his best performance ever, and Hamilton said it was his worst, and they still ended with the same amount of wins and Ham had one more pole?

Anyway, new topic,

It was a joint decision, but I agree. Just saying, it wasn't just an excuse for Hamilton.

I really think you should consider Akmuq's advice though. The past three posts in this thread haven't really been about this race weekend at all. Mostly, they've been posts about how "great" Lewis is.

Away from the F1 stuff, you're a nice guy.

Translation:
From the paddock in Abu Dhabi arriving interesting rumors on the setup corrector of the Red Bull. To focus attention on the subject we thought the same Ferrari that has asked the FIA ​​to clarify the legality of some technical solutions that they would be driven Renault already using. First of all, I should point out that the RB8 does not have a real setup corrector, but a system of communicating vessels that still manages to simulate the effects. Unlike the provisions of the gas tank, those of water and oil can be different and located in different points of the car. The physical principle is simple and known also by those not studied physics: a liquid contained in two or more containers communicating with each other, reaches the same level, resulting in a single surface of constant value. In Red Bull would find a way to move a certain amount of water and oil from the rear to the front of the car, using the liquid as ballast to improve - and change - the setup, also during the race. The motorized Renault would find this loophole by changing the engine, taking advantage of an exemption granted by the FIA ​​for reliability reasons. As we said at the beginning of the article, the Ferrari technical delegation has asked the FIA if you could use this solution, but from Paris responded no. In fact, according to the clarification signed by Bauer, the use of such a system would be illegal, since it is not possible to use the liquid as ballast. The question is still unclear, since there's news brief and confused by multiple sources: it seems that Red Bull, however, this possibility would be granted because of reliability problems with the motor. If this rumor is confirmed, it would raise a cloud of dust. Quoting Raikkonen: "Wait and see". Blogf1.it

http://www.blogf1.it/2012/11/03/red-bull-utilizza-i-acqua-e-olio-come-correttore-dassetto/

I really think you should consider Akmuq's advice though. The past three posts in this thread haven't really been about this race weekend at all. Mostly, they've been posts about how "great" Lewis is.

Away from the F1 stuff, you're a nice guy.

To be fair, there is a lot of biased opinions in this thread. I am just backing my driver up...

Anyway...

Keeping away from the whole "Who is faster than who" at the front end, I am going to be interested in Maldonado, Pic and the Hulk tomorrow.

Should have known it would end in all out war. :lol:

Just sharing my experience. Do what you wish with the information.

Anyway, top four prediction for the race tomorrow.

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Webber
4. Alonso

Just sharing my experience. Do what you wish with the information.

Anyway, top four prediction for the race tomorrow.

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Webber
4. Alonso

I think that is the most likely outcome, do you think Vettel will receive some sort of penalty after what happened in qualifying?

I think that is the most likely outcome, do you think Vettel will receive some sort of penalty after what happened in qualifying?

I don't know. It's unlikely now that this much time has passed, but not impossible. Truth be told, I still don't know why he was told to stop.

Edit: And immediately after I post that, I see that the steward are investigating the matter.

A gearbox change and 5 place penalty (putting Vettel right behind Alonso) would make for a very interesting race :)

I'm not a Vettel fan, but he showed he can race well this year even if his not starting from pole. He made many nice clean overtakes this season (especially last chicane in Spa).
But yes, it gets boring when he starts first, leads every lap of the race and wins it. Not really fun to watch ..

Christian Horner just told Gary Anderson it was a fuel issue, he could end up with a penalty but the stewards haven't confirmed anything yet.

My thinking is they have changed the gearbox knowing they are going to the back of the grid due to the fuel issue, so the 5 grid penalty is irrelevant.

Latest Posts

Back