2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

So Alonso was once again miles off the pace but still gets a good result and clearly benefited from the unsporting decision putting him on the clean side of the grid. It really should be Hamilton battling Alonso for the title, not Alonso. He's had so much fortune this season from others retiring ahead, usually Hamilton.

👍👍👍

This.I'm a big Vettel fan but there are many winners in this race,Alonso(the big winner of the day,more than Hamilton),Massa for the big race and Hamilton for the win,but there is the only big loser of this race and it is by far Vettel!

omg Alonso fan club.

This.I'm a big Vettel fan but there are many winners in this race,Alonso(the big winner of the day,more than Hamilton),Massa for the big race and Hamilton for the win,but there is the only big loser of this race and he is by far Vettel!

Extending his championship lead, big loser indeed.:rolleyes:

Well, I'm off for lunch. Thanks as usual to the GTP guys for the company and the commentary. Great job HAM, ALO and MAS. We've got a hell of a race coming up at Interlagos!

Amazingly, McLaren managed to get two cars to the finish.

Seriously, I thought that was a great drive from Lewis. I was a bit surprised not to see him shake off Vettel, but maybe he was doing the bare minimum.

God, those hats are cracking me up xD

They're fail for me.

---

I'd love a Russian to win a Grand Prix, so we could hear the greatest national anthem in the world on the podium.

I don't know what was the stupidest thing on that podium - the hats or Rick Perry.

hornet_burnout
Seriously? He got held up all race long to the point Hamilton eventually catches him up and overtakes?

Come on...

Don't get me wrong, Hamilton was right behind him or the majority of it and got the drs on every lap, but he was never close enough to do anything about it and seb opened the gap out in the last sector every time. Enter karthikeyan and Hamilton is closer than he'd been at any point in the race going into the drs zone.

I'd be willing to bet that had karthikeyan not been there, vettel would be on the top step right now.

Running an F1 fantasy game and I decided to award double points to selections..... I was the only one who picked Hamilton :guilty:. Now I have a 117 point lead :nervous:.

Ok Finger fans! You will hear this Alonso fanboy again for the next one ;)

Hoping it pours rain in the great masters' hometown.

Don't get me wrong, Hamilton was right behind him or the majority of it and got the drs on every lap, but he was never close enough to do anything about it an seb opened the gap out in the last sector. Enter karthikeyan and Hamilton is closer than he'd been at any point in the race going into the drs zone.

I'd be willing to bet that had karthikeyan not been there, vettel would be on the top step right now.
Hush now, Vettel is a bad driver and has always been. Even his wins in the Formel BMW were down to his superior car.

:lol:

Extending his championship lead, big loser indeed.:rolleyes:
For me he was too much conservative and with the car that he has he should,or maybe,had to win with big led!I'm really very disappointed with Vettel this time!he failed under pressure 👎

Fantastic race by the two Mclarens!

..also that race was exactly what was needed on a new circuit in a newish country..

Don't get me wrong, Hamilton was right behind him or the majority of it and got the drs on every lap, but he was never close enough to do anything about it an seb opened the gap out in the last sector. Enter karthikeyan and Hamilton is closer than he'd been at any point in the race going into the drs zone.

Mate, you'd be better off with 'Seb could do better but there was no point challenging Hamilton back for the lead' ;)

Luminis
Hush now, Vettel is a bad driver and has always been. Even his wins in the Formel BMW were down to his superior car.

:lol:

And Alonso's car has square wheels and a 50cc moped engine.

hornet_burnout
Mate, you'd be better off with 'Seb could do better but there was no point challenging Hamilton back for the lead' ;)

I have no idea what you're getting at. You're just overlooking the facts.

For me he was too much conservative and with the car that he has he should,or maybe,had to win with big led!I'm really very disappointed with Vettel this time!he failed under pressure 👎

How do you know he was conservative, exactly? Do you work for Red Bull and know he wasn't pushing as hard as possible? He hardly failed under pressure, he made no mistakes, he just got passed by a faster car with DRS. That isn't failing under pressure, Canada 2011 is failing under pressure.

Well... wow.

Great race - at least 9,571,287% better than I was expecting. And the driver of the day was... everyone except Nico Rosberg.

Everyone (except Nico Rosberg) made that a great race - even the two retirees. Really good racing, lots of (clean) overtaking... Really good stuff.

How do you know he was conservative, exactly? Do you work for Red Bull and know he wasn't pushing as hard as possible? He hardly failed under pressure, he made no mistakes, he just got passed by a faster car with DRS. That isn't failing under pressure, Canada 2011 is failing under pressure.

Again, what's with the faster car talk?

Seb had the faster car.

Back