2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
Graziano Pelle to Southampton greatly interests me.
I've known the Eredivisie for the last few years and he's been one of its absolute best. Pure goalscorer.
What's more surprising is he came out of relative mediocrity to do it too.
But there was a bit of temper he showed last year at one point too. If he holds that then he'll do fine at the Saints.

Lest we forget he has Tadic with him too now. Great crosser + great forward = great potential. And Tadic can score a few too.

And with the performance of the Dutch team at the WC most of their Eredivisie based players will not be staying there much longer, surely.

Last edited:
Why Suarez has gone to Barcelona....

azb0yqm_460sa_v1.gif

Suarez formed a pretty solid strike partnership with Sturridge, both scored a lot of goals last season and Messi has played alongside plenty of big players without being affected.
He formed a solid partnership with Sturridge because it was clear that he was still the number one. The last time he wasn't number one he bit Bakkal while at Ajax.

In between all this World Cup palaver, Newcastle have signed another Frenchman - it's Remy Cabella from Montpellier.

He's been their only good player since their 2011-12 triumph, so he deserved a move elsewhere.

There's a lot of news going on about Vidal to Manchester United if we signed him I'd be so happy :). Hopefully we will know for sure soon. And get it done before they go on tour.

Looks like alot of kick offs will be at 5:30, great news for me, I have Uni during Saturdays and Sundays.

So like sems touched on, Sky have announced the first 43 live games out of the 116 they will be showing this season, Arsenal v Palace will be the first game at 5.30 on the opening day then it will just be the usual games that they show really and every PL club will be live at least three times in this batch of games, BT's first game will also be the very first game of the season with Man United v Swansea at 12.45, BT are also showing the Community Shield this year too...

The games should all be in one place, this current bidding system just screws the fans even more, thanks EU.
It was easier them all being on sky but what I hate most is when it's a 15:00 kick off so nobody shows it. Yet in Africa some kid can watch every single Manchester United game. That's why I stream. Not because I just don't want to pay but because they don't give me the option to.

Neither can I! :D

What about this shirt deal? a bit insane right?!

It's a great deal the fact we are making money off it :) and even if man utd finished 7th we still bring in the money. Probably the best signing this transfer window lol. To hell with the haters. Let's hope for a better kit next year though.

Also about the Juve manager lol I wonder why he quit? It was unexpected. Surely Vidal has to be off to man utd now. Doesn't really matter If we don't get him.

It's a great deal the fact we are making money off it :) and even if man utd finished 7th we still bring in the money. Probably the best signing this transfer window lol. To hell with the haters. Let's hope for a better kit next year though.

Also about the Juve manager lol I wonder why he quit? It was unexpected. Surely Vidal has to be off to man utd now. Doesn't really matter If we don't get him.
:odd:

What?

Ive been getting excited about this Vidal deal for the last week but its been dragging on a bit. I would love for it to happen but if it doesn't I'm happy as Van Gaal is a man who knows what he's doing but now with the Juventus manager quitting I have a feeling it will go through.

Ive been getting excited about this Vidal deal for the last week but its been dragging on a bit. I would love for it to happen but if it doesn't I'm happy as Van Gaal is a man who knows what he's doing but now with the Juventus manager quitting I have a feeling it will go through.
Well if championship manager is anything to go by then a manager leaving/signing would always cancel my transfers with the club. :lol:

It could be though that the board went behind the managers back and have agreed a fee for Vidal and that's why he's leaving.

Van Gaal is meeting with the players and the staff this afternoon, the Vidal move has been dragging on a bit....

Liverpool signed Markovic yesterday for around £20 million from Benfica, both he and other signing Emre Can are just 20 years old....

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Atletico's Filipe Luis....

Van Gaal is meeting with the players and the staff this afternoon, the Vidal move has been dragging on a bit....

Liverpool signed Markovic yesterday for around £20 million from Benfica, both he and other signing Emre Can are just 20 years old....

Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Atletico's Filipe Luis....

Apparently it's still on the Vidal deal but getting tired of it. Either sign him or don't time will tell. Press conference with Van Gaal will be on tomorrow apparently I wonder if he will talk about transfers. I feel a lot more comfortable about this season then last season though.

Rumours Arsenal agreed fee with Madrid for Khedira, but can't agree on wages.

Hear everything from he wants 200k to 150k both from reliable sources, our highest paid players currently are Sanchez and Ozil at 130 or 120K. So yeah Not worth it in my opinion.

LVG first press conference just now, said he wants to look at the players he at the club for a few weeks before making any other signings, mentioned his philosophy a lot, said that Carrick is injured and will be out for a 'long time' (ploy to get Vidal perhaps?), said that Nicky Butt is already assisting and will find roles for Scholes and P.Neville, also said that Sir Alex has rung him to congratulate him on the job, United fly to the US for their tour tomorrow with the first game against LA Galaxy on the 24th...

LVG first press conference just now, said he wants to look at the players he at the club for a few weeks before making any other signings, mentioned his philosophy a lot, said that Carrick is injured and will be out for a 'long time' (ploy to get Vidal perhaps?), said that Nicky Butt is already assisting and will find roles for Scholes and P.Neville, also said that Sir Alex has rung him to congratulate him on the job, United fly to the US for their tour tomorrow with the first game against LA Galaxy on the 24th...
With Carrick out for 3 months I reckon all he will need is about half an hour to look at what's left and reach for the cheque book............prey to god.:nervous:

A few deals done today too

Newcastle complete deal for Daryll Janmaat, who is a replacement for...
...Matieu Debuchy who has joined Arsenal for £12 million!
Toni Kroos joins Real Madrid from Bayern on a six year deal
Dortmund sign Mattias Ginter for 10 mill Euros
Rio Ferdinand is at QPR to complete his medical
Palace have agreed fees for Frazier Campbell and Gylfi Sigurdsson...

Back