2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
LVG first press conference just now, said he wants to look at the players he at the club for a few weeks before making any other signings, mentioned his philosophy a lot, said that Carrick is injured and will be out for a 'long time' (ploy to get Vidal perhaps?), said that Nicky Butt is already assisting and will find roles for Scholes and P.Neville, also said that Sir Alex has rung him to congratulate him on the job, United fly to the US for their tour tomorrow with the first game against LA Galaxy on the 24th...

It's a shame about Carrick I like him hopefully he can fully recover. This might be a good thing Where talking about players who have won the epl 2 seasons a go. We can't say they are all deadwood players. Also bringing up youth To replace ones that have left. I'd rather see what players he can use then splash the cash on a world class overpriced player. Wouldn't want to turn into man city or Chealse with no world class English players. We hadthe talent last season but not the right man for the job. I reckon LVG knows what he's doing and if he can get most of these players to their full potential then that would be awesome. Also the daily mail are some what to blame they say we are axing all these players and buying Vidal just because LVG said he was a fan of the player.

It's a shame about Carrick I like him hopefully he can fully recover. This might be a good thing Where talking about players who have won the epl 2 seasons a go. We can't say they are all deadwood players. Also bringing up youth To replace ones that have left. I'd rather see what players he can use then splash the cash on a world class overpriced player. Wouldn't want to turn into man city or Chealse with no world class English players. We hadthe talent last season but not the right man for the job. I reckon LVG knows what he's doing and if he can get most of these players to their full potential then that would be awesome. Also the daily mail are some what to blame they say we are axing all these players and buying Vidal just because LVG said he was a fan of the player.
More commonly known as the Daily Fail there sports reporters preach nothing but fruitless drivel.

More commonly known as the Daily Fail there sports reporters preach nothing but fruitless drivel.

Apparently now that man utd "aren't interested in Vidal" anymore Liverpool will come in and get Pogba Reus and Vidal but Vidals not for sale lol Im not going to bother reading transfer rumours on twitter on anywhere else. My source told me this we can confirm a bid has been place on someone. This player Snubbed man utd because not in cl lol and then I woke up.

All these big name transfers will really help develop the standard of young English players to avoid humiliatingly early World Cup/European Championship exits in the future. It's really heartening to see the clubs invest in the future of the English game.

Wait, what!?

All these big name transfers will really help develop the standard of young English players to avoid humiliatingly early World Cup/European Championship exits in the future. It's really heartening to see the clubs invest in the future of the English game.

Wait, what!?
Incoming English football crash.

God Hugo Lloris loves being purple.
Also Adebayor's face is offputting.

Also, people still care about England?

God Hugo Lloris loves being purple.
Also Adebayor's face is offputting.

Also, people still care about England?
No all I wanted was the Utd players to come home in one piece I know that sounds terrible:guilty:. My club is at least trying to blood a few whether that's good or not from a club point of view I don't honestly know.:indiff:

So you guys have probably heard by now that two Newcastle fans were on the Malaysian flight to Kuala Lumpar that crashed in Ukraine yesterday, they were on their way to support their team on they're Pre-Season tour of New Zealand and Australia, my condolences to their families and to all the other families involved :(

Liverpool have agreed a deal worth around £8.5 mill with QPR for Loic Remy, club and player are to discuss personal terms..

So it's probably time to make some predictions about the season so that we can laugh at how bad they were in May. So here's how I think the table will look:

1st: Chelsea
2nd: Manchester United
3rd: Manchester City
4th: Arsenal
5th: Liverpool
6th: Everton
7th: Spurs
18th: Hull
19th: West Ham
20th: Leicester

It seems that your more optimistic about United's chances than I am..

2nd: Man City
3rd: Man United
6th: Everton
7th: Spurs

18th: West Brom
19th: Burnley
20th: Leicester

As for Swansea, well I would be happy with survival and another season in the PL, anything else would be a bonus,,,

Well United's chances all depend on the transfer window really. Plus, Van Gaal is a very good manager who I think can turn things around very quickly. As for Swansea, I think they'll finish somewhere around the 13th-15th mark.

2nd: Man City
3rd: Man UTD
6th: Spurs
7th: Everton
18th: Southampton
19th: Sunderland
20th: Burnley

I can't see a top 4 without Chelsea, Man City, Man U, Arsenal or Liverpool. They all look like they will be stronger than last season, possibly with the exception of Liverpool who might suffer without Suarez but they have such a great squad now.

Like C-Zeta I have pretty much no idea how it will finish but I'm going to predict it anyway...

1 - Chelsea
2 - Man City
3 - Man United
4 - Arsenal
5 - Everton
6 - Liverpool
7 - Tottenham
8 - Newcastle
9 - Stoke
10 - Hull
11 - Swansea
12 - Southampton
13 - Leicester
14 - Sunderland
15 - West Ham
16 - West Brom
17 - QPR
18 - Aston Villa
19 - Crystal Palace
20 - Burnley

I think Villa will go down, Liverpool will struggle with no Suarez and Champions League football and that Newcastle will be hot on the heels of a closely packed 5-8. With the European spot being settled in the last 1-3 games between all 4 of them. I also think the title will go down to the last 2 games between Chelsea and Man City with Man United 5 points off 2nd at the end of the season.

Actually I do know one thing for certain, QPR will go down.
If it's anything like 2012-13 they will have absolutely no team chemistry, which is rather important in the Premier League...
Also, I'd think Palace can stay up easily for another year.

Talking of QPR, they've let go of Remy which is one bad thing. But to...Liverpool? What exactly is he going to do there?

Last edited:
Like m8h3r I am a bit worried about Aston Villa too, the sale of the club means they have no money to spend on players and out of the three they have signed Richardson was the only one signed for money (£2 mill), Joe Cole and Phillipe Senderos were free transfers, they do have Benteke when he comes back from injury and other good players like Guzan, Weimann and Lowton, I think they will be in the fight at the bottom but will survive again, but a new owner needs to come in quick, I think the club has been up for sale for two months now...

It's going to be a difficult season I'm not going to guess who will win the league its like an endurance race Liverpool might flop they are struggling to sign world class players even in the cl.

Ed Woodward has said big signings are coming in a recent interview. Maybe it's a hint that the a deals done I hope and we will probably get a few more top class player we have a good financial budget to do so and top players want to join. So we can relax now the transfer windows still young.

It's going to be a difficult season I'm not going to guess who will win the league its like an endurance race Liverpool might flop they are struggling to sign world class players even in the cl.

Ed Woodward has said big signings are coming in a recent interview. Maybe it's a hint that the a deals done I hope and we will probably get a few more top class player we have a good financial budget to do so and top players want to join. So we can relax now the transfer windows still young.
Top players wan't to join? Hmmm that's actually my concern i'm not so sure how true that is.:nervous:

Back