2014/15 Premier League and General Football Discussion

• Thread starter Pagey279
  • 1,959 comments
Fred (yes, that one) and 5 team mates have decided to stay in France rather than return to Donetsk after playing in a friendly against Olympique Lyon on Saturday. The club have warned the players that they face triggering a compensation clause in their contracts which may cost them 'tens of millions of Euros', despite the fact that Donetsk is currently a war zone...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...netsk-players-refuse-ukraine-return-1-3482903

Fred (yes, that one)
No, it's this one.
172522__max_news.jpg

Not this one

aod-soco-hed-2012.jpg

:P

Now there's reports say Mats Hummels to Manchester United for €20mil seems very cheap would be a bargain if it were done But it does smell fishy.

Now there's reports say Mats Hummels to Manchester United for €20mil seems very cheap would be a bargain if it were done But it does smell fishy.
Would need to bid closer to £30 million imo. Just don't fanny about Utd! As regards Hummels he's a decent player but his pace does worries me a little. No brainer with what we currently have obviously.

Yep Evra has left, feels like an end of an era with Rio, Vidic and now Evra gone....

....and Steven Gerrard has retired from International Football...

Yep Evra has left, feels like an end of an era with Rio, Vidic and now Evra gone....

....and Steven Gerrard has retired from International Football...
Finally. He's not been any good for England for a few years now.

You Man United fans are very excited this summer. :sly:
Can you blame us. It's hard to go from the top to 7th after being up there so long. Moyes made our squad look like 🤬 but with a couple of refreshing signings and a new manager with the history he has I can't help but get my hopes up this year.

Can you blame us. It's hard to go from the top to 7th after being up there so long. Moyes made our squad look like 🤬 but with a couple of refreshing signings and a new manager with the history he has I can't help but get my hopes up this year.

Yeah definitely will be interesting to see how you do this season, pressure is on to perform no doubt about it.

So gutted that Evra left :( was a great personality at man utd. I reckon a few signing will be done but not sure who. And they are probably all sorted or close to it just waiting on the go ahead with Van Gaal. If Juv got Evra surely we haven't finished business with them over Vidal. I would buy a shirt if we got him.

I think either Cahill or Jagielka should get the armband now. As much as I like Rooney I can't see him being a very good captain for some reason. Also, is someone going to create a league for the Fantasy Premier League?

Arturo Vidal's mansion is up for sale neighbours can confirm...........woohoo:sly:
If I were a world class footballer, I would just take vacations to the grounds of all the major teams purely to confuse the media. That would be so much fun.:D
So Evra to Juve is confirmed. Hopefully that's part of a part exchange to bring Vidal to Old Trafford.
Wasn't he out of contract?

If I were a world class footballer, I would just take vacations to the grounds of all the major teams purely to confuse the media. That would be so much fun.:D
Wasn't he out of contract?

Ha ha that would be funny lol. Evra had an extended 1 year contract so he didn't leave for free. He was a class player though. Saying that when they played against Arsenal it was Men against boys and him celebrating in from of Suarez good times with Evra I'm actually gonna miss him now. Glad Suarez is not in the premier league anymore being racist and biting people.

Hart has to be Heads and Shoulders above the others.

/jk

I can't see any of those 3 being a worthy England captain.

Bad jokes aside I don't see anyone other than Hart getting it, there are very few options.

I think either Cahill or Jagielka should get the armband now. As much as I like Rooney I can't see him being a very good captain for some reason. Also, is someone going to create a league for the Fantasy Premier League?

The media would have a field day with Rooney as captain, as if it isn't bad enough now, no way would it work out well for him or England. Jagielka may be a good option but he'll only end up as a short term captain and I doubt they'll want to go down that route. They'll see Cahill as too young and lacking international experience so Hart is the default captain.

Fantasy football wise I'm sure someone who's not lazy and who knows what they are doing will set up a league soon, I already have a squad that I've changed multiple times already, as usual.

Back