2014 Grand Prix de Monaco

Well it doesn't seem to make sense why you're pushing the topic is all.
We're discussing how time penalties are... uhh... awarded and served. It is the sort of thing I'd expect to see discussed in an F1 race discussion thread when the race has involved time penalties...
I feel it's probably somewhat safe to say they've pretty much wrapped it up in WCC against Caterham
Stranger things have happened, but Marussia clearly have the edge right now.
Who were the 3 drivers who took the grid improperly?
Bianchi, Chilton and Guttierez

Funny how F1 always pans out the same; 2 top drivers in a winning team = guaranteed trouble in paradise.
This can only be good for us fans though and adds spice to a championship where only one team rules the show.

Wonder how Lewis will cope with the general German atmosphere @ Mercedes, a bit how Alonso felt at Mclaren in 2007 maybe?

Bianchi did well to secure points for Marussia.
I feel that what Bianchi did for Marussia here in Monaco 2014 is almost reminiscent to what Mark Webber did for Minardi in Melbourne 2002, by bringing the car home :)

We're discussing how time penalties are... uhh... awarded and served. It is the sort of thing I'd expect to see discussed in an F1 race discussion thread when the race has involved time penalties...

Stranger things have happened, but Marussia clearly have the edge right now.

Yes but you and PM were pretty sure he wouldn't get 9th based on the F1 site or whatever you found, correct? However, other FIA affiliated or FOM affiliated websites with the same info you found were saying something otherwise in regards to and gave them 9th over 8th. We dont know why it contradicts any more than you and thus it's a dead end conversation really compared to the fact that Marussia gained points.

As for the Caterham vs. Marussia, indeed strange things will need to happen to better a 9th place because they have been cat chasing the mouse all season and not being able to catch them.

Funny how F1 always pans out the same; 2 top drivers in a winning team = guaranteed trouble in paradise.
This can only be good for us fans though and adds spice to a championship where only one team rules the show.

Wonder how Lewis will cope with the general German atmosphere @ Mercedes, a bit how Alonso felt at Mclaren in 2007 maybe?
Germans be sending out these rocketships! :dopey:

Turns out that I only caught the very end of the broadcast. For the third year in a row. :grumpy:

I'm watching a re-run and I've got to say, hearing Hamilton's in-car radio:

His attitude is pathetic. He shouts this and that about psychological warfare, and Senna and Prost, and about him not needing the psychologist hired by the team, even if it wasn't hired for him...and then he complains non-stop to his team getting to the point of giving them orders!

Briattore is right. In psychological terms, Nico is bounds and miles ahead of Lewis.

His attitude is pathetic. He shouts this and that about psychological warfare, and Senna and Prost, and about him not needing the psychologist hired by the team, even if it wasn't hired for him...and then he complains non-stop to his team getting to the point of giving them orders!

Briattore is right. In psychological terms, Nico is bounds and miles ahead of Lewis.
Lewis matched Alonso in his rookie year, this is nothing.

Enjoyed the race, delighted for Bianchi and Marussia (if they get the points!) and the Hamilton/Rosberg thing is simmering nicely!....

Yes but you and PM were pretty sure he wouldn't get 9th based on the F1 site or whatever you found, correct? However, other FIA affiliated or FOM affiliated websites with the same info you found were saying something otherwise in regards to and gave them 9th over 8th. We dont know why it contradicts any more than you and thus it's a dead end conversation really compared to the fact that Marussia gained points.
Okay. Sorry that you don't feel there was any value in three posts (call it eight with a few responses) about how penalties are awarded.

I did. The people who responded did. Now we know why Bianchi got 5s added to his race time and not 20 or 30s - and that FOM need to get their finger out and update their site.

Coming up on the GTPlanet F1 Channel: A pitched battle between people who think Hamilton is awesome and people who think Hamilton is crap. This week's show includes - Memes; Aggression; Accusations of Fanboyism.

Okay. Sorry that you don't feel there was any value in three posts (call it eight with a few responses) about how penalties are awarded.

All I said is what's the point due to you showing Samus the FOM's website that is always outdated. Hell they didn't even put up an news about the Rosberg investigation yesterday until long after every other F1 site had. Never said the post didn't have value but you obviously came to the conclusion that everyone else did which is the FOM can't be bothered to do their job on their own website.
I did. The people who responded did. Now we know why Bianchi got 5s added to his race time and not 20 or 30s - and that FOM need to get their finger out and update their site.

No one is disputing that.
Coming up on the GTPlanet F1 Channel: A pitched battle between people who think Hamilton is awesome and people who think Hamilton is crap. This week's show includes - Memes; Aggression; Accusations of Fanboyism.

Okay...

Did they?! I thought it was still up in their because of the penalty he got??

for @LMSCorvetteGT2

No that's why he is in 9th, before the Penalty he was in 8th. The FOM website ironically confirms this even though they're usually slow. The only website that doesn't have any of today's info is the official FIA website which usually takes a couple days.
The result is still provisional.

It's showing as final every where I've searched. Other than the places I've said that have nothing right now to show.

Going back to something else I'm wondering how those three drivers managed to line up in the wrong place at the start. Obviously the Renault dropped out of the line up but he was in 15th, if Massa who was 16th didn't accidentally move up a place how did three others behind him?

Yeah the out of order cars/drivers must have realised they weren't in the right place, surely. Strange.

Thankfully for me the BBC highlights seemed to make the race appear a bit less boring than it could have been had they shown the whole thing. Disappointing to not see a battle between the Mercs although TBH I'm glad there wasn't. Like a few others, I envisaged them taking eachother out. Nico taking back the lead in the Drivers Championship is good I think, maybe this'll be a deciding factor later on as to who wins the trophy.

Props to Chilton for those mad drifting skills!! Sterling job to hold on to it. As Coulthard said: "Mother and Father of oversteer!" :lol:

Lewis' post race interview with the BBC really showed an insight into the relationship between him and Nico now. Taking so long to answer the question about it and commenting that there is nothing to be gained from expressing his thoughts/feelings on the situation. Kind of implies he has a few bad things to say about it really.

Turns out that I only caught the very end of the broadcast. For the third year in a row. :grumpy:

You're getting to be a pro 👍

Strangely i never liked Hamilton, but this year i'm starting to. He's quite relaxed and down to earth lately (and to be honest also faster than Nico on most circuits). Also i like the way this is going with the 2 looking like they are becoming bitter rivals. I know it's not nice to like such things but it will bring some extra spectacle to a year with only 1 winning team :D

This morning, I actually had a feeling that a backmarker was going to get a point while I was watching pre-race. Really glad to see Marussia finally getting points, and I'm glad to see Rosberg winning.

and that FOM need to get their finger out and update their site.

I've stopped using the FOM site for rule-checks, it was way out of date during FlowGateGate so I use the FIA site which is the official regulation site.

And the fanboyism... yeah, I switched the TV off after the result (like I often do) and decided to keep away from the inevitable flames :)

Back