2014 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

I'm seeing these "Bernie says think before you drive" adds painted next to the circuit, they'd better change that in think before you bribe :D

Hamilton had a DNF in Australia.
I know that but that was more of a "freak" issue, I mean a tube worth very little having a small cut on it causing him to lose power is something you don't normally see :lol:

Also Merc say fuel leak could have caused the fire.

Red Bull are usually very fast in the rain so hopefully Ricciardo can get pole and make things difficult for Rosberg at least. Anyway I wonder what are chances of Lewis and Kimi doing a 1-2 tomorrow...

Hope we get similar conditions during the race tomorrow. The hungaroring is always epic when there's a touch of rain.

Big hit for Magnussen.

Unlucky from the looks of things, the point where the track suddenly looks wet is the point where he hits the brakes... which suddenly moves the braking point to 45m behind him.

Stupid stupid marshalling though, putting that vehicle on a wet track while cars were still coming through should be investigated by the FIA.

The hungaroring is always epic...

Just this, rain may be a bonus but this is one of my most favouritest tracks.

That said... I think all the "old" tracks are. Didn't like the 'Schitz Ring though, they've neutered it as I feared.

What am I supposed to be looking at? I'm aware of the history of the track. Perhaps you should look at this part.

A1-Ring (1996–2004)
Red Bull Ring (2011–present)
Length4.326 km (2.688 mi)

Other than the name, and probably a bit of resurfacing work, it hasn't changed since 96.

Edit: just saw the above post.

As if Mercedes is at fault for issues that are out of both their's and Lewis's control. :rolleyes:
Its Mercedes fault, something failed on a car they designed from the ground up.

not saying it was done on purpose or anything but the fault is directly in blame of Mercedes(atleast this weeks issue).

Caused by a part failing, or by a mechanic not tightening something up properly?

Parts failure is not Mercedes fault....
Both would be under the Constructors Fault, F1 isn't GT racing where they are given spec parts made by different brands, everything is bespoke made by teams, failures such as these are teams own doing.

Having a Reliable car has little to do with luck and more to do with the how the team has focused its time on Reliabilty.

In a way, the points standings so far are only a testimate to Hamilton's ability. If the roles were reserved and Rosberg was to have had Hamilton's bad luck so far people would already be calling Hamilton this years champion. I find it hard to imagine Rosberg being able to hang in as well as Hamilton has with two non finishes, and coming from the back of the grid to claim 3rd in the last GP. Still half the season to go, surely the odds say Hamilton's luck will get better and he'll be back up there toe to toe with Rosberg towards the end of the season. Going to be interesting to see Vettel, Bottas Ricciardo and Alonso starting near the top.

Back