2014 Pirelli Hungarian Grand Prix

I'm in Budapest at the moment (not at the circuit), heavy rain and thunderstorms here at the moment. Hungaroring is about 50km's away from here but that promises for the race đź‘Ť

Is the wind blowing towards the circuit from where you are, if that's not too personal a question? :)

My only issue is are they going to allow them.to race in the rain or will they say its too dangerious until its inter level wetness.

My only issue is are they going to allow them.to race in the rain or will they say its too dangerious until its inter level wetness.

Kravitz says the thunderstorms left the circuit and are now over Budapest.... so now you can figure out which way the track is :)

He suggests it may be an intermediate start, track certainly looks pretty wet right now.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Kimi's heart is no longer in this? Clearly, his head isn't - he was asked before the race what the highlights of his season have been so far (as if the interviewer didn't know what he was going to say!!) and he replied (shock, horror) "There isn't any". A shame for Kimi that the Ferrari is off the pace, but Alonso is making a much better fist of it... I can't see Kimi staying next season unless there is a massive improvement in the car - and perhaps also in his attitude.

It's not only a shame for Kimi it's a shame for fans all over the world. Kimi at his best is quite simply awesome to watch and he is a favourite for many many fans, me included. I can only hope he stays and Ferrari don't give him a dog to race with next season, or he moves on to another team with a competitive car.

Hoping to see slip and sliding or powerslide on the wets. Been waiting since the new high torque car in!

I can only hope he stays and Ferrari don't give him a dog to race with next season, or he moves on to another team with a competitive car.
Why would Ferrari keep him after ten mediocre races? After all, his best race result has been worse than Alonso's worst.

And why would another team take him when he has publicly said he will (probably) retire at the end if 2015?

Next rain shower is forecast for 15 minutes into the race, can the inters last that long without needing slicks for 5 minutes?

Why do the brakes need to be warm?

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

Are you serious?

Does anyone have a live stream for the race?

Squirrelstreams seems to be the best I've come across for quality and reliability, and you don't get popup adverts. Has two streams, one in English, and a Portuguese one in HD. Run both at the same time with the Portuguese stream muted.

Why do the brakes need to be warm?

Because if you put too much surface heat through them (first-time hard braking) the surface "glazes" if the inside of the material is too cold. So they need to be heated through gradually.

Back