2015/2016 UEFA Europa League

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 205 comments
Dammit.

Seeing and hearing a full Anfield road singing You'll never walk alone will forever give me goosebumps. Beautiful.

Most of the Villareal players are losing the plot, surprised one of them have been sent off by now.

But great pressing play by Liverpool and a well deserved goal, hopefully they can go through to the final to stop having an all Spanish final.

The pace that Liverpool is showing is just incredible. We are near the end and it's still full throttle.

Edit.

Small point.

Sturridge needs to have more awareness of his surrounding, and especially for his team mates. He can be a bit too much of an einzelganger.

Edit 2.

Best game of the week. Liverpool. Great job. 13 days until the final in Basel.

Last edited:
Love it! A prime example in how you play the pressing game, if they can play like that against Sevilla then they would seem impossible to penetrate.

The 9000 allocation for Liverpool fans is ridiculous. But I'm sure the atmosphere will be buzzing.

Great night for Liverpool and good to have an English team in a European final, the atmosphere throughout before and the game was incredible.

10,000 tickets for each club in a 42,500 capacity stadium, what a joke!

Really looking forward to this final, two very creative teams going against each other but being a LFC fan hoping LFC can clinch it.

The amount of tickets given out to actual clubs is a joke though, 10k LFC and 8k Sevilla tickets for a 38k seater stadium, I don't get it that at all.

Looking forward to tonight.

Having my wisdom teeth removed last night is going to get in the way of my drinking though!

YNWA

Best of luck to 'pool tonight. Not a fan even slightly (shock :lol:) but English football really needs to do something in Europe.

Liverpool have been fantastic in that half. Gameiro literally getting nothing and making Banega play a defensive midfield role.

I'm surprised it's not more to Liverpool at the moment, Sevilla almost crumbled after the goal.

Also should have been a penalty, maybe even two.

Edit: football can be unfair sometimes :lol:

Last edited:
Sevilla have been spectacular this half, showing why they are the undisputed champions of the EL so far.

liverbirdlol.gif

Congratulations Sevilla, totally unplayable in that second half. Spectacular stuff, would have beat just about anyone with the free flowing football.

Liverpool just didn't turn up in the second half, I didn't know Coutinho was playing till he got subbed off, they seemed tired which is quite surprising as they rested players a number of times in the League to prioritise this tournament.

Congrats to Sevilla, great second half comeback. Three times in a row is a new record. 👍

Back