2015/2016 UEFA Europa League

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 205 comments
Suddenly feeling more confident about the Europa League. We always seem to turn up against Liverpool. Dortmund v Spurs is also an interesting tie.

Schedule for tomorrow

6.05pm
Basel v Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund v Tottenham
Fenerbahce v Braga
Shakthar Donetsk v Anderlecht

8.05pm
Athletic Bilbao v Valencia
Liverpool v Man United
Sparta Prague v Lazio
Villarreal v Bayer Leverkusen

Cant wait for tomorrow, bring it on!

Won't be home for Borussia v Tottenham but what ever happens, I sure as hell will be home for Liverpool v Manchester.

Looks like Spurs have made changes, no Kane in the eleven, no Alli either....

Alli's banned, Dembele and Dier being rested is pretty much allowing Dortmund to slaughter us through the middle. Hopefully Spurs can get a goal and remain in this.

What are they rested for?? Aston Villa?, the way things are going you can put the under 18's out against Villa and still win three nil!

What are they rested for?? Aston Villa?, the way things are going you can put the under 18's out against Villa and still win three nil!
I'm not really sure why either, I guess Poch doesn't have much interest in the Europa League while we have a shot at the title.

Hell, Aston Villa lost to their U-21's, I would have thought ours could do the job.:P

Both Liverpool and United name strong teams with Liverpool possibly at their strongest, so pumped for the match!

I don't like blaming the ref for teams being poor(probably more so because we've got some lucky decisions in big games) but tonight's ref has been poor.

The penalty at 1-0 was blatant and could have been a game changer. A couple of blatant frees later on in the game as well but that's just the way it is.

Well done Dortmund, first time this season that the opposition has been better than Spurs.👍

It's an entertaining game, but it's not high class football.

Let's hope for a better second half.

2-0 gives at least a small opportunity for Manchester, next game, but not if they play like today.

1 shot on target says it all.

I think I'll bet on West Ham on Saturday. Free money at this rate. And maybe even Van Gaal out the door...

...oh, who am I kidding? He'll still be here at the end of next season. The backroom likely still thinks he's right for the club.

Jesus.

I don't really know what to say anymore, no idea what Van Gaal was thinking of in the first half, better for a while in the second once we brought another CM on but had a feeling we were going to concede again and we did, I turned it over to the darts once Firmino scored and that was it, didn't watch the last 10 mins, Fuming!

Could've been worse if it wasn't for Dave in goal, we really don't deserve him, surprised he didn't take his gloves off, throw them to the ground in a rage and walk off...

DDG was unbelievable last night - could easily have been 4 or 5 nil.

Heard a United fan say last night that United best signing this year was the fax machine that failed to get DDG's transfer paperwork to Real in time :lol:

Possibly the worst United performance I've seen... although they were equally as bad when beating us 1-0 at Anfield in the league... just that match their one shot on target went in.

Schedule for tomorrow

6.05pm
Bayer Leverkusen v Villarreal (0-2)
Lazio v Sparta Prague (1-1)
Valencia v Athletic Bilbao (0-1)

8.05pm
Anderlecht v Shakhtar Donetsk (1-3)
Braga v Fenerbahce (0-1)
Man United v Liverpool (0-2)
Sevilla v Basel (0-0)
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund (0-3)

I'm not the only one who feels a bit deflated over Spurs/Dortmund, am I? Over 2 legs it could've been a right ding-dong of a contest, and I was genuinely excited by the prospect. As it is, it's going to take something phenomenal to turn it around, especially as Dortmund are likely to get at least one.

Well that's tottenham gone then. Need to put 5 past the team I'd say are most likely to win the competition.

What a difference a week can make. Manchester has been more in front of the Liverpool goal in the first 30 minutes than the entire game last week.

Edit.

Dammit. That's it for Manchester, it seems.

Last edited:
What a difference a week can make. Manchester has been more in front of the Liverpool goal in the first 30 minutes than the entire game last week.
They found their form in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Which in my opinion is the formation I would of gone for with the players fit for today.

They found their form in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Which in my opinion is the formation I would of gone for with the players fit for today.

Don't they have anyone for the position of Fellaini? He is just awful today.

Don't they have anyone for the position of Fellaini? He is just awful today.
Schniederlin or Schweinsteiger are on the bench but they are more defensive players. I can see why his chosen Fellaini as he is more attacking and box to box compared to them two.

Seriously I don't get LVG, bench fellaini, bench Rashford, Depay/lingard on the wings and martial up front.

Back