2015 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by GTPorsche, Sep 23, 2015.

1. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

What did Alonso say about McLaren over the radio?

2. Vinylshark

Vinylshark

Again a rather boring race up front, but some good battles in the mid-field. Anyway, time to switch to the WTCC.

3. MUSC4EVER

MUSC4EVER

7th and 8th for Lotus after a crap weekend off the track..

sems4arsenal likes this.
  4. NW48

NW48

Stuff about the Honda engine being a GP2 engine, and how embarrassing it is.

5. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

I don't think that's the case. He's not consistently finishing in the middle of the points this year.

6. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

My faith in them has basically diminished. I just don't see how they can convince Alonso or Button to stay or improve the car. All Mclaren Honda has done is basically given Alonso another useless car to drive and Button yet another year irritating enough to retire from F1.

7. NOVOCAINE

NOVOCAINE

Flawless drive by Lewis! Nico lost this one when he tried to win the race in the first corner. He should know by now how uncompromising Hamilton is and that his best bet of beating him is to stick close behind, and to set some hot in/out laps during the pit stop windows.

8. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

How many times does he have to spin in Spoon and ask the team what went wrong? :lol:

TenEightyOne likes this.
  9. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne

More camaraderie between Vettel and Hamilton than Rosberg/Hamilton in the post-race put-your-watch-on room...

10. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Disagree with this. It's pretty easy to win a race by forcing your teammate off track coming out of turn 2.

NW48 likes this.
  11. [Nor]MclarenF1

[Nor]MclarenF1

Can't help but wonder if Hamilton thinks Vettel and Rosberg are talking **** about him in the podium room when they're talking to each other in german. :p

NW48 likes this.
  12. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

Really? It was a pretty dirty move by Hamilton at the first corner. He had only pulled alongside Rosberg when he forced Rosberg wide; the pass was by no means complete, and had he given Rosberg room, Rosberg could have easily re-taken the place.

GTPorsche and sems4arsenal like this.
  13. Vinylshark

Vinylshark

I don't really think McLaren has to do a lot of convincing actually. If both want to stay in F1, McLaren is their best option, because I don't see either of them getting offers to get into a better car.

Funny that the audio connection dies as soon as Ebel get's up on the podium :lol:

14. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Mics are as being made by Honda

Jimlaad43 and Yauma9 like this.
  15. NW48

NW48

I'm looking at it in the long term. In just under a year, they've gone from only being able to finish five laps over two days at Abu Dhabi, to challenging for points. I think McLaren and Honda just need to reset and get back on the same page. But, McLaren need to let Honda control the size of the engine as this 'Size Zero' approach isn't working as the engine is just overheating too much.

16. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt

Even now, I'm a bit surprised Alonso called the Honda engine a GP2 engine.

I mean, Alonso might've finished more races with a GP2 engine.

17. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Them being a year behind everyone has them essentially on pace with the cars at this point last season.

NW48 likes this.
  18. NW48

NW48

Exactly. It can only improve from here on.

19. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

Complete rubbish. He was on the inside. Rosberg on the outside. If Rosberg chooses to contest that then it is 100% on him.

Jimlaad43 likes this.
  20. [Nor]MclarenF1

[Nor]MclarenF1

I would say the Mclarens looked stronger then they have earlier, especially how Alonso held his own lap after lap against the faster Red Bulls and Toro Rossos. And last but not least, they both finished the race!

NW48 likes this.
  21. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Outside or not, he got forced off track by Hamilton not choosing to take the inside line through turn 2. It's clear as day in the replay that Hamilton changes his corner arc entering turn 2 to push out wide and force Rosberg off.

22. [Nor]MclarenF1

[Nor]MclarenF1

I think Hamilton sometimes forgets he's in an F1 car and suddenly thinks he's in a BTCC race.

23. prisonermonkeys

prisonermonkeys Premium

And the racing line sees the cars move to the outside of the corner on the exit of Turn 2. As Hamilton had only pulled alongside Rosberg, he had not completed the pass. If the rules dictate that you must leave racing room when executing a pass, then Hamilton forced Rosberg wide.

24. NOVOCAINE

NOVOCAINE

You are both aware that all the drivers on the grid do this right? Not being funny but if you wanted to ban every driver who does this there'd literally be no one left to drive the cars! :lol:

25. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Well Button isn't exactly against leaving F1 for better opportunities and Neither was Webber. Confident Alonso is the most likely to do so after that exchange.

Its those damn pants :lol:

So its McLaren that's holding Honda back?

26. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

And you're aware that there's a rule that requires the drivers leave a gap if they are alongside another competitor.

27. C-ZETA

C-ZETA

Worth noting the Super Formula pole lap was only 2.4 seconds slower than the fastest race time here.
    Yeah, F1 needs to be faster.

28. NW48

NW48

They're really holding each other back, if we're honest. Just a conflict of interest. Honda wants to make the engine a bit bigger, but McLaren wants it to be as small as possible. They're not willing to budge really.

Alonso has just spoken in an interview with Sky saying they can still be the team to challenge and beat Mercedes in the future. Eric Boulier offered Alonso a hug as he walked into the garage, which he sort of accepted. Aww... :lol:

29. NOVOCAINE

NOVOCAINE

I don't think you understand the rule; it refers to racing in a straight line. Not corners. If the rule was in regards to conduct in corners the list of penalties at the end of each race would be ridiculous. You never hear about penalties being given for shutting the door on a competitor attempting to pass round the outside, because it isn't against the rules.

30. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Button dodging questions about this being his last Japanese GP. Answer was about how he was disappointed it was his first time finishing out of the top 10 in Japan.