2015 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

• Thread starter GTPorsche
  • 478 comments
Bend reality? I'm straightening it back out. "Next to" is not the same thing as "in front of".

It means the same thing when you are on the inside and alongside. IT IS YOUR RIGHT OF WAY. Even if you name is Hamilton.

Next you'll be telling me that if Hamilton was behind Rosberg, he was entitled to have the place.

From what I saw, Hamilton had not executed the pass. He was only able to take the position by forcing Rosberg wide. End of story.

YOU said that. Not me. YOU. End of.

It means the same thing when you are on the inside and alongside.
Not when giving the other driver racing room means conceding the place. If Hamilton had given Rosberg space, Rosberg would have had the inside line for Turn 3. Then he would have been inside and alongside. Therefore, Hamilton could only complete the pass by forcing Rosberg wide, which makes the pass illegal.

Hamilton raced hard and fair in my opinion. Thats what make a real racing driver. not scared of taking chances. Some fans and drivers are getting soft.

And some fans and drivers think the ends justify the means, and are mistaking ruthlessness for a virtue. Because do you know who else is not scared of taking chances? Pastor Maldonado.
You know who else wasn't scared of taking chances? Ayrton Senna, Gilles Villeneuve, Nelson Piquet, Mario Andretti, Juan Manuel Fangio, amongst others. They all took calculated risks. Maldonado on the other hand, doesn't. Hamilton took a calculated risk and it paid off, something every other racing driver would do. As for Rosberg having the line, just because he was on the inside doesn't mean he has the line. Both cars were equal in terms of positioning on the track into T2, so it was fair game.

You know who else wasn't scared of taking chances? Ayrton Senna, Gilles Villeneuve, Nelson Piquet, Mario Andretti, Juan Manuel Fangio, amongst others. They all took calculated risks. Maldonado on the other hand, doesn't. Hamilton took a calculated risk and it paid off, something every other racing driver would do. As for Rosberg having the line, just because he was on the inside doesn't mean he has the line. Both cars were equal in terms of positioning on the track into T2, so it was fair game.
Yeah right. You're one of those people who thinks Hamilton is on par with these drivers. Way to disguise your Hamilton fanboyism.

To be fair Rosberg did have the outside line at turn 2, Hamilton if going by the book should have left him more room. Then again, this is Formula One and when a WDC is at stake this is what separates the one hit wonders from the multiple world champions. Go hard or go home time for Rosberg.

Yeah right. You're one of those people who thinks Hamilton is on par with these drivers. Way to disguise your Hamilton fanboyism.
As I've said on three occasions already, I am not a Hamilton fan. I have been extremely critical of him on multiple occasions in these threads. His attitude does not sit well with me. However, you can't deny underneath all that bling, there is a decent amount of talent. It's just a shame he's not that likeable. He certainly doesn't rank amongst the greats, no way, these drivers have it too easy nowadays, but I would rank him amongst the best of the last 15 years. Not the best, but certainly one of the best.

To be fair Rosberg did have the outside line at turn 2, Hamilton if going by the book should have left him more room. Then again, this is Formula One and when a WDC is at stake this is what separates the one hit wonders from the multiple world champions. Go hard or go home time for Rosberg.
I was actually expecting Rosberg to fight back on the outside and try and force Hamilton down to the other side of the track, especially since Rosberg has been talking about stepping up his game.

To be fair, Hamilton should've given Rosberg a little bit more room but it's always expected going to happen anyway and pretty sure Rosberg was well aware of that. On Alonso's 'vocal' radio call, I bet he's not gonna be much popular around Japan neither facing the bosses from Honda.

Good race overall and I'm very happy to see Verstappen putting on another strong race!

Only thing about the race which I found interesting was Alonso telling Mclaren how bad the car is. Was watching Ron Dennis getting at Alonso for it but sometimes you have to tell it how it is in order to improve. Hopefully they will come back stronger next year. I dont believe Jensen is retiring though.

Not when giving the other driver racing room means conceding the place. If Hamilton had given Rosberg space, Rosberg would have had the inside line for Turn 3. Then he would have been inside and alongside. Therefore, Hamilton could only complete the pass by forcing Rosberg wide, which makes the pass illegal.
Incorrect, Racing room doesn't apply if the leading driver is on the racing line, never has in F1.

Whether its a good thing or not is another question entirely but this move has been done more times then I can remember in the last 10 years with no punishment to the leading driver.

I'm glad I fell asleep again before the race started. Totally not worth getting up for. Bummer.

If I was Mercedes I also wouldn't be happy the cars don't get coverage, not my fault the other teams are worse.

Ron confirmed that Jenson still has a contract for next year and neither do I believe that he's retiring. Can't be that he's leaving after just a single bad season, can he?

One bad season? McLaren have been rubbish for the last three seasons. Anyway, leaving F1 to do something else is not retiring.

If I was Mercedes I also wouldn't be happy the cars don't get coverage, not my fault the other teams are worse.

Well it was Japan, and they did spend a lot of time following Alonso. Besides I'd rather watch a fight for position than someone on his own up front.

One bad season? McLaren have been rubbish for the last three seasons. Anyway, leaving F1 to do something else is not retiring.

Probably not they have a contract and im sure Alonso and Jenson will also see it through. At the moment all people are doing is speculating. In 2017 id expect Jenson to retire.

Yeah I think I agree that they weren't doing too well since 2013 but considering that the current McLaren Honda is pretty much a new-restructured team with still-in-development ICE, maybe give them a chance? Probably a bit too early to pull the plug on F1 for Jenson?

Now what I'm unclear about from these news and speculations going around is.. Is he leaving F1 or retiring out of racing for good?

Back